National media weighs in [face mask gate]

No I wouldn’t...... my daughter has been berated for making mistakes as a point guard..... I tell my kids to listen to the message not the tone......fix your mistakes/ errors..... work hard get better..... I would 100% back up coach Pruitt if that was my son.

So the delivery of a message doesn’t matter to you? Has your daughter ever been berated and straight up embarrassed on national TV for trying to make a play? You can’t convince me there’s not a better way to handle that situation.

You have a point but at the same time the size of that screw up was so enormous there is a shock factor to consider. I am positive that was the worst play he had ever seen a QB make, and this QB was on his team. It took me a couple of minutes to snap out of it.
I still havent

Reactions: crovol
Sure, sure...If u were JGs father I guarantee you would feel differently[/QUOTE
How about standing on the field cursing him out for 60+ seconds on national tv, only point was to embarrass him further than what he already was. You win and lose as a team. How about addressing your center for being just absolutely blown up on that play, or your OC for not having everyone on the same page. JG screwed up, CJP should be upset, but he went over the top, and I would not be surprised if we only have 2 freshman qbs on the team come Monday.

This ain’t the first example of throwing kids under the bus either. What’d he say last year at halftime of Bama game?

I want a coach with passion but self control. Back your players no matter what. Recruits and their parents will notice.
The only thing Pruitt is guilty of is giving JG too many chances, he’s a practice player. Seems like a good kid but enough is enough.

Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.

Grow a pair.

Pruitt is a stupid no brained gump but come on.

So the delivery of a message doesn’t matter to you? Has your daughter ever been berated and straight up embarrassed on national TV for trying to make a play? You can’t convince me there’s not a better way to handle that situation.

Then stay unconvinced... It was exactly what JG needed. It was a long time coming.

It’s called competitive emotion.......my guess ....the only thing you ever played was the flute

She has been straight up berated in front of a gym full of her peers. If your goal is to play elite level(college) or possibly make a pro team then you have to be mentally tough which means he should be able to handle what happened at a minimum..... if he can’t handle it then he is not going to be able to handle when things aren’t perfect...... By the way..... he didn’t try to make a play..... he changed the play that the coaches wanted run.

Reactions: kcvols1
So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.
I’m freaking over the media they’re a joke , crazy how much they get paid to tell us how we should think and what we should believe . If you are being issued a helmet, there’s a good indicator it’s gonna get rough and an index finger to the mask is a lot better than what else could happen

Reactions: orangepenez
She has been straight up berated in front of a gym full of her peers. If your goal is to play elite level(college) or possibly make a pro team then you have to be mentally tough which means he should be able to handle what happened at a minimum..... if he can’t handle it then he is not going to be able to handle when things aren’t perfect...... By the way..... he didn’t try to make a play..... he changed the play that the coaches wanted run.

Pruitt said they hadn’t called a play yet, and if it had worked he would have been praised for his poise.

The point of the tirade was to embarrass him, it wasn’t to teach. Pruitt knows he won’t see the field again in orange. A coach should be a teacher and a leader.

Outside of that I liked what I saw from Pruitt last night. I’m not saying there should be any major repercussions. But when we are running JJ in the wild cat the rest of the year and miss a bowl game we ll all know why.

Pruitt said they hadn’t called a play yet, and if it had worked he would have been praised for his poise.

The point of the tirade was to embarrass him, it wasn’t to teach. Pruitt knows he won’t see the field again in orange. A coach should be a teacher and a leader.

Outside of that I liked what I saw from Pruitt last night. I’m not saying there should be any major repercussions. But when we are running JJ in the wild cat the rest of the year and miss a bowl game we ll all know why.

Pruitt covered for the kid instead of throwing him under the bus in the media.... the players interviewed said a play was called and don’t know why it changed...... he blew up at JG bc he was pissed..... nothing more nothing more/nothing less.... Pruitt is a players coach and cares for his guys including JG who has worked Pruitts last nerve.

And we'll all be fine with it since JG won't be around to build up our hopes only to pull the rug out from under us AGAIN. Play the freshmen, and we get what we get. It was always going to be that way if you took an honest look at it. JG never had the poise, the self confidence, or the killer instinct to get the job done. Sad for the man.. but true.

There’s always a different way to handle most situations but that’s beside the point. Anyone who thinks that was bad or indefensible needs to broaden their exposure to sports. Your team is what you tolerate and CJP just had a player cost his team a chance at a win. I thought it could have been a lot worse.

Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.

When BJ is balling out next year, this to shall pass. I think he will. I'm glad he has another year. Seems like he's been around for a while like Jennings.

And we'll all be fine with it since JG won't be around to build up our hopes only to pull the rug out from under us AGAIN. Play the freshmen, and we get what we get. It was always going to be that way if you took an honest look at it. JG never had the poise, the self confidence, or the killer instinct to get the job done. Sad for the man.. but true.

I feel terribly for JG because by all accounts he’s a fine young man. I can’t help but to think all of the different OCs and getting shelled last year aren’t a big reason for his poor decision making. Unfortunately I completely agree, he just doesn’t have it in games.

You play to win the game. If JG is still in the team next week he’d still give u the best shot to beat USCjr assuming BM is out.

There’s always a different way to handle most situations but that’s beside the point. Anyone who thinks that was bad or indefensible needs to broaden their exposure to sports. Your team is what you tolerate and CJP just had a player cost his team a chance at a win. I thought it could have been a lot worse.

My point was there was a MUCH better way to handle it. One that doesn’t lose you a player completely and sow doubts about your poise under fire.

People are acting like Pruitt grabbed his mask and tried to break his neck while insulting his mother and smoking meth.

Good grief, he barely pulled on it with one finger. Crazy that this is blowing up.

One may believe that the media have an agenda when it comes to certain programs or they just want to sensationalize everything without thinking about possible consequences for their actions.

Yea, where was his safe place? Should have been a cry room on the sideline for him. Sure counselors are lined up to make sure everyones ego is in tact so they feel confident enuff to ignore what is best for the team.

VN Store

Back