Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope our coach doesn’t have the same mentality that our local radio guys do
These guys don’t even think we have a chance and say not play mauer bc he’s gonna get killed
I get it, it’s bama, but you still gotta show up thinking you can win or why show up at all. Maybe it’s just me but I’ve never gonna into anything thinking I’m gonna fail

Our local media guys are wilting flowers. Anyone saying that mess has obviously never been a leader or been in the role of shaping culture. Everything you do is either creating a healthy culture or an impoverished culture. Our Knoxville media has a bad culture. Why would we ever listen to them when it comes to having a healthy organization?

Last edited:
I agree with this.....however, the kids health takes precedent. IF there is pause or concern for his health, sit him. I dont care if it’s vandy on Bama. All who know me knows I am all in for going after the ”W”. However, kids health comes first.

IF he (Mauerer) is clered to play and additional concussions are seemed to be minimal, let’s roll !!

Everyone here agrees if he isn’t completely cleared from his concussion, don’t play him. That’s a straw man argument. What you seem to really be saying is, “we can’t beat Bama, so sit him.” You just don’t want to get roasted for saying it.

It's comical. The hate for JG is blinding. Why can't fans just root for whoever the QB is? Or the LB or the DB or OL or...? Then, not only will they not root for him, they minimize any good he does and magnify the bad. And there was both. And they do the reverse for BM. I just don't understand it. It's crazy.

I so would..but outside of Auburn and Kentucky..what exactly has he displayed in 3 years to cheer about?..the fact he graduated early👀😂😂🤷🏽‍♂️ I’m lost.

This may have been discussed in previous threads and/or I am just hearing about a previous issue. Regardless, just wanted to confirm.

I was discussing TN football with a physician this week and he indicated that he did his residency at UT. Said he was good friends with the team's medical doctor. But stated that this particular doctor does not work with the football team anymore because he and Pruitt got crossways over a players medical condition/status. But this doctor still works with the other sports programs. I thought it was interesting, although do not know the facts or if this is even the case. If so, was wondering who the player was...maybe TS? If it did happen, not sure even if it was this year or last.

Have any of you all heard any similar type story? Was just curious and no reason to believe the doctor was BS'ing me. 🤔

JJ is no different today. Fierce competitor that wanted to place UT above himself. Was injured and Hoke said he couldn’t play against Vandy. Yeah he should’ve never went on IG with that post but guarantee you that he feels same way today. He loves Tennessee and his teammates. Hates to lose.
Hoke ain't jj

It's comical. The hate for JG is blinding. Why can't fans just root for whoever the QB is? Or the LB or the DB or OL or...? Then, not only will they not root for him, they minimize any good he does and magnify the bad. And there was both. And they do the reverse for BM. I just don't understand it. It's crazy.
This might be the most sane post I've ever seen.

Throw my man out there and let him work. It’s all downhill for him from there. I don’t want this team conceding an inch. We are coming to fight

Got to learn to play against the best at some point. Why wait until next year like its going to be any better. Don't understand the surrender before we even play.

Just a hunch, but I would think it would be wise to rest Maurer for Bama and give him another week to heal. I say let’s go with JG and see what we do with him vs. Bama.

If he’s 100 percent healthy. He plays, he’s the starting QB and he gives UT the best chance to win. UT is going to Title Town to steal a win from Alabama just like Georgia State stole one from the Vols.

18 absolutely needs to play. There is no better developmental time than planning in a game. Nothing to lose in this games and he needs to work thru a few issues. Playing is very much a good thing for him
Dobbs balled out in his first game.

Reactions: gunner
This may have been discussed in previous threads and/or I am just hearing about a previous issue. Regardless, just wanted to confirm.

I was discussing TN football with a physician this week and he indicated that he did his residency at UT. Said he was good friends with the team's medical doctor. But stated that this particular doctor does not work with the football team anymore because he and Pruitt got crossways over a players medical condition/status. But this doctor still works with the other sports programs. I thought it was interesting, although do not know the facts or if this is even the case. If so, was wondering who the player was...maybe TS? If it did happen, not sure even if it was this year or last.

Have any of you all heard any similar type story? Was just curious and no reason to believe the doctor was BS'ing me. 🤔

it’s several different players. This all went down last year. I’ve heard Swain talk about it several times. Basically guys was missing more time than they should. Look how many routine cleanup procedures we have had in the past few months without any significant time missed. It’s way better now.

it’s several different players. This all went down last year. I’ve heard Swain talk about it several times. Basically guys was missing more time than they should. Look how many routine cleanup procedures we have had in the past few months without any significant time missed. It’s way better now.
Yea they brought in Geronimo from bama to fill that spot iirc

Reactions: quadlee21
18 absolutely needs to play. There is no better developmental time than planning in a game. Nothing to lose in this games and he needs to work thru a few issues. Playing is very much a good thing for him
Agree. Keep building a chemistry with our pass catchers, OL adjust to his cadence, all kinds of benefits. Also i would really really like him to have a couple Redzone trips and maybe even a 2 min drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back