Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
fb_future_game_at_alabama.jpg

OH CRAP!

That’s huge news for your school

I’d assume 1.5mil

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not a Vol fan because of how many games they win or lose. It’s the local team. It means something to me to see that orange and white on the field. The traditions are engrained in me at this point.

For these reasons, I’m not running away from Alabama. Losing sucks but it’s not all about that. We play Alabama every year because we’ve always played Alabama every year.
I say we just go into Tuscaloosa tomorrow night and win!

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not a Vol fan because of how many games they win or lose. It’s the local team. It means something to me to see that orange and white on the field. The traditions are engrained in me at this point.

For these reasons, I’m not running away from Alabama. Losing sucks but it’s not all about that. We play Alabama every year because we’ve always played Alabama every year.

Im a Vol fan and its nothing about being "local." I was born in West TN sure, but lived everywhere from Alaska to Oregon, Wyoming to Texas. I made damn sure when I got to a point in my life I could that I found a job and a home in this area so I could go to more games and follow my favorite team in such a beautiful part of the country. My love for the Vols has never wavered and never will. That being said, you can mess with the uniforms if you want but DO NOT touch that helmet.

I said all summer that this team would be lucky to get to 6-6 with JG at QB and it would take a win over Vanderbilt to get it.

JG was very erratic in the 2018 Mizzou and Vanderbilt losses and looked even worse in the Orange and White game while Maurer flashed more than once. I even predicted on Twitter that Maurer would be the starter before October.

And I was roasted by many for my brutal honesty. Some even questioned my loyalty as a VFL.

Just saying.

It may have ruffled feathers when you predicted it. Now some are even more jimmy rustled because a “negavol” was right yet again.

Reactions: Catbone
Don't you just love reading these horror stories of all those who have been so abused on something they said. I mean who hasn't at one time said something and got roasted. Seems like I see 10 of these a day. I got "roasted" "abused" "torched" "waterboarded" etc ... etc...
Makes you just want to donate blood. 😔

I’m about to start some online classes at Peay. I think I’ll start lightly following their athletic teams.
with the upgrades at the football stadium (and a better product on the field) it's a fun atmosphere up there. Basketball is always fun.

Agreed, but worth considering here is we get a bye before Mizz while they get uga. I also think Mizz has their bye before uga so they'll be thinking all or nothing upset. All this could mean that Scar is actually the more difficult out than Mizz but we'll see.
I agree. I actually think we beat Mizzou. They have played no one to pad their record. We get a bye before them so we will be prepared for the upset. I think SC will be a tougher game.

On a Friday no less! Cap off the weekend by scoring at least 30 on the red team, which obviously signifies 'ol Russia!

It may have ruffled feathers when you predicted it. Now some are even more jimmy rustled because a “negavol” was right yet again.

Jack,

I wasn’t trying to ruffle any feathers with my assessment of JG and Maurer. I just simply was stating my opinions about this team based on my observations. There were folks on this board and specifically this thread that legitimately expected Pruitt to win 9 or 10 games this season.

They said that I was a bigger NegVol than Catbone. Some even told me to get out of this thread and go back to the FF. But, I was steadfast and I reminded them time and time again that it would be difficult to win more that 6 games with this roster and their lack of experience.

I don’t have a problem with folks getting a little upset with my version of reality and the fact that it didn’t concur with theirs.

But, I did take issue with folks questioning if I was really a VFL, and that concerns me. Mostly, because I have been a Vol for almost 40 years and that’s longer than many on this board have been alive, but also because they were trying to influence my opinions about this team.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and we come here to discuss those with other VFL’s, and I respect those that show the same respect such as yourself. 😀

Reactions: Jack Burton
Can someone tell me what would happen if someone ever posted a VN podcast on here? I missed when someone explained what would happen if someone ever posted one though I know it’s never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back