Pruitt jokes about onside

Dust off the Kiffin game plan vs Florida & Bama in 2009. Run the ball, run the clock, play zone D, try to limit their possessions and hope to hold them to FGs as much as you can.
That worked on 2009 Bama. Doesn't work on 2019 Bama. Look what LSU did against the much better Florida D. Look at their TOP, yards and number of plays. Florida had much better TOP but was behind in every other statistic by a significant margin

Reactions: MOTOVOL
hold nothing back, 4th and 1 on your own 45, go for it. We are huge underdogs so why not have some fun.

My son goes to that school here in Arkansas - Pulaski Academy. The head football coach has won multiple state championships with that style of play. Doesn’t field punts, doesn’t punt - always goes for it on 4th down regardless of field position, onside kicks every time unless it’s a blowout, etc. Calls receiver routes from sideline with hand signals, etc. He was doing analytics before anyone else. He is also friends with Belicheck and has had visits from other NFL OCs to learn more about his system.
Lets do it!😳👀💥😎

Reactions: The Original Fade
What we have to lose is being the first team in the modern Era to lose a game by more than 100 points.

And I'm not being sarcastic. If Pruitt pulled some crap like that Saban would most likely try to break a scoring record.

We probably wont score and if we do maybe twice plus to start a half so like 3 oppurtunities for short fields at most if Bama recovers them all. Lol They aint scoring a hundred. 🤣

I'd just take a few PI's and rough up their receivers, body up on them, play them tight. Then maybe cheap shot Tua a time or two. They're going to score a 50 spot if you play timid off the ball coverage. Rough them up. Nothing really to lose, except by maybe 70.. Still wouldn't care.
No cheap shots on Qb’s.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Watching the Bama game last Saturday, their punt return team was scary. A&M didn’t gain much on net punt yardage. Might be better off not punting.

I think if you're going into a game thinking we can't stop them so let's just do something dumb and onside kick every time, you've already lost in your mind.

So I don't agree with that.

Exactly how many onside kicks are you envisioning? You realize we have to score to do that, other than 1 time.

Reactions: thehill98
That worked on 2009 Bama. Doesn't work on 2019 Bama. Look what LSU did against the much better Florida D. Look at their TOP, yards and number of plays. Florida had much better TOP but was behind in every other statistic by a significant margin

No one knows. Practically everyone has played Bama man and gone after Tua. He’s picked everyone apart with 10-15 yard crossing patterns than go for 50+ yards. Trying to simply out score them is insane and punting to them on 3rd down is even dumber. Slow the game down & run the ball.

Reactions: LittleVol
He joked about on siding and not punting , like the Arkansas high school powerhouse does.

DO IT... what do we have to lose ?
So in order to kick the ball off you have to score. So my question is how many touchdowns do we score where we have to kick it off?

Dust off the Kiffin game plan vs Florida & Bama in 2009. Run the ball, run the clock, play zone D, try to limit their possessions and hope to hold them to FGs as much as you can.

All day long. Set the over/under on passes at 5. Go for the under.

Exactly how many onside kicks are you envisioning? You realize we have to score to do that, other than 1 time.
Alabama's defense is good but not unbelievably good like the offense. We scored 14 on Georgia in the first quarter and they have a better defense than Alabama.

Regardless my point was more along the lines that if Pruitt does something Bush league like onside kick the opening kick off, Saban might just run 4 verts every play until the 4th quarter.

What we have to lose is being the first team in the modern Era to lose a game by more than 100 points.

And I'm not being sarcastic. If Pruitt pulled some crap like that Saban would most likely try to break a scoring record.

Let the little imp try

Boils down to what is the probability of converting on 4th down and recovering an onside kick vs stopping their offense. I know it sounds crazy but from what I've seen of Bama so far this year the odds are better being unconventional. When you can regularly score 50+ yard touchdowns on bubble screens and quick slant passes field position doesn't seem like much of an advantage. I'm curious how many times they have punted this year when the first team offense is playing?

VN Store

Back