Recommendations for local beers

utvolford

Heading to Knoxville for the game this weekend. Need recommendations on the best beer venues for friday night - breweries, bottle shops, and/or sports bars with great Local tap lists. Thanks for any recommendations.

Reactions: RollerVol
Downtown Grill & Brewery and Casual Pint. There are a couple of new places over in the old city too. Merchants of Beer. Barley’s pizzeria has a lot on tap too.

Knoxville has seen an influx of craft breweries and you’ll have a lot of options.

Downtown Area:
Elkmont
Blackhorse
Crafty Bastard
Schulz Brau
Hops & Hollers
Hexagon
Fanatic
Elst
Balter Beerworks
Pretentious
Merchants of Beer

South Knox:
Alliance
Hi-Wire

West Knox:
Abridged
Bearden Beer Market

1. Don’t get too close
2. Don’t try and feed them
3. Do not run
4. Do not play dead
5. Walk backward slowly.....unless the bear is behind you.
6. Once in a safe spot, make fun of the stupid bear.

Reactions: UTgrad2015
Heading to Knoxville for the game this weekend. Need recommendations on the best beer venues for friday night - breweries, bottle shops, and/or sports bars with great Local tap lists. Thanks for any recommendations.

Definitely check out Pour in the old city, too. Great spot.

Reactions: bleuximus
Is Saworks still in business?

Nope, it's been gone for a few years and the end wasn't pretty to say the least.

I'd say that the two best craft breweries in Knoxville are Crafty Bastard and Last Days of Autumn, while Downtown Grill & Brewery makes its own more general beer that's excellent as well. In terms of a beer bar, your best option is easily Suttree's on Gay St.

Just come on up here to Asheville to drink, then we’ll caravan to the game tomorrow!

GBO!!!

Nope, it's been gone for a few years and the end wasn't pretty to say the least.

I'd say that the two best craft breweries in Knoxville are Crafty Bastard and Last Days of Autumn, while Downtown Grill & Brewery makes its own more general beer that's excellent as well. In terms of a beer bar, your best option is easily Suttree's on Gay St.
Downtown grill had some good brews. You could actually get types that weren't just different terrible IPAs.

Knoxville has seen an influx of craft breweries and you’ll have a lot of options.

Downtown Area:
Elkmont
Blackhorse
Crafty Bastard
Schulz Brau
Hops & Hollers
Hexagon
Fanatic
Elst
Balter Beerworks
Pretentious
Merchants of Beer

South Knox:
Alliance
Hi-Wire

West Knox:
Abridged
Bearden Beer Market

dang, O&W...afficianado extraordinaire...very nicely done...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MISS ST!

I would say the best of the best beers............has alcohol..................jmo :)

I know it was still kicking 6 years ago, what happened? Spill the dirt!!

Downtown Grill and Brewery's beer is excellent? Yeah, your judgement is terrible in more than just politics...

VN Store

Back