'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Mississippi State Pregame/Game Thread

Not gonna happen. Lack of discipline and quality depth to last 4 quarters will be the home team's undoing. Bulldogs have an excellent run game that will wear out the Tennessee defense in the end. 38-20 win for the road team due to a garbage TD late due to defensive fatigue.

Reactions: Catbone and finn
I can't get over the fact that MSU gets to pick which games the players are suspended for. I have never heard of anything that ridiculous in terms of punishment. Hey bignewt you are ground for two weeks. Ok cool, I will pick Monday thru Wednesday for the next seven weeks. WTF??!?!?!

Not gonna happen. Lack of discipline and quality depth to last 4 quarters will be the home team's undoing. Bulldogs have an excellent run game that will wear out the Tennessee defense in the end. 38-20 win for the road team due to some garbage TDs late due to defensive fatigue.

This is what it will come down to, their running game. Slow it down we win, if we can't, we lose.

If we lose this game I’ll have to take another hiatus. Y’all responding to Hank, Kingston, and Cats Venmo directed at the coaching staff will be too much to bare.

As Ron said yesterday, they’ll all 3 pick us to lose, and if we do, they’ll be killing the coaches for it. Miserable.

But we need to win this game to keep selling hope. Need to show the recruits something.
I really don't understand it either. If you expect us to suck, and predict a long rebuild, then why bitch and complain every step of the way? Just a miserable existence.

Oh, you guys were right?!? Wonderful, nice job. Here's a cookie filled with poison you miserable pricks.

I really don't understand it either. If you expect us to suck, and predict a long rebuild, then why bitch and complain every step of the way? Just a miserable existence.

Oh, you guys were right?!? Wonderful, nice job. Here's a cookie filled with poison you miserable pricks.

It's a tough job Ron. Someone has to keep the crazy pumpers in check with a dose of reality.

Reactions: Pane di mais
This is what it will come down to, their running game. Slow it down we win, if we can't, we lose.
i don't know that we ahve to just shut it down. their defense isn't great either.....so it could have a shoot out feel to it.....

if we can get anything done on offense, then it may just boild down to having timely stops on defense or getting a turnover or two....

opportunistic.....that's what we need to be on defense.....

i don't know that we ahve to just shut it down. their defense isn't great either.....so it could have a shoot out feel to it.....

if we can get anything done on offense, then it may just boild down to having timely stops on defense or getting a turnover or two....

opportunistic.....that's what we need to be on defense.....

Hence why I said "slow it down." If they pound us into submission on 5 yard runs all day we gonna lose.

It's a tough job Ron. Someone has to keep the crazy pumpers in check with a dose of reality.
giphy.gif

Hence why I said "slow it down." If they pound us into submission on 5 yard runs all day we gonna lose.
well, i agree obviously.
we've been good against the run, against anyone not named Georgia...so i think we should fare ok. i pretty much expect it to be a kind of bend/don't break type effort....

I think we lose by 10-14 points. Hill/Shrader wear us down in the ground game.

A win would do wonders for my morale, but I’m picking MSU coming off the bye.

MSU - 31
UT - 17

A win would do wonders for my morale, but I’m picking MSU coming off the bye.

MSU - 31
UT - 17
This is typical TN luck, isn't it? We're coming off of a tough GA game going into must win game. The opponent in this must win game, gets all of their suspended players back for this game, and they have a bye week leading into it. We can't catch a break.

I always believe in the Vols, but am realistic. I do think we are in a winnable game with Miss State. I can see us out scoring them 38-24. (My theory is we are both lower tier SEC programs and Low Ts don’t beat upper tiers so we have to beat our peers)

If we lose this game I’ll have to take another hiatus. Y’all responding to Hank, Kingston, and Cats venom directed at the coaching staff will be too much to bare.

As Ron said yesterday, they’ll all 3 pick us to lose, and if we do, they’ll be killing the coaches for it. Miserable.

But we need to win this game to keep selling hope. Need to show the recruits something.

I’ve always been more of a lurker than a poster, but I’ve taken a big step back from all things UT football. I’m less engaged right now as a fan than I have been in 30 years. The 0-2 start broke something in me. I’ve just lost hope of us ever getting out of this funk. I have no desire to bash players and coaches and no interest in wallowing in misery, so I just peek in a couple of times a week to check headlines and gauge the temperature of the board. I’ve even stopped watching the games. I obviously still care and hope we can turn it around someday, but finding other things to do with my time has been a healthy decision for me.

Tn wins
27-20

Maurer:

300 passing
50 rushing
2 touchdowns

I'm on the fence about interceptions. He may have 1. Trying to talk myself into him having 0.

Team:
170 rushing

Calloway has another big game and think DWA gets a couple grabs maybe 60-70 yards.

AT and BT have good game.
HT gets an int.

Even though we lost I think the team bought in. They are more vocal and are appreciative of the fans.

Truly believe we will start to see 1 team now and honestly believe Maurer is a HUGE part in that. Maurer is also a huge part in the noice from the fans at Neyland stadium this past Saturday. Even though we were losing, the 65k vol fans there, made their presence known.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Tn wins
27-20

Maurer:

300 passing
50 rushing
2 touchdowns

I'm on the fence about interceptions. He may have 1. Trying to talk myself into him having 0.

Team:
170 rushing

Calloway has another big game and think DWA gets a couple grabs maybe 60-70 yards.

AT and BT have good game.
HT gets an int.

Even though we lost I think the team bought in. They are more vocal and are appreciative of the fans.

Truly believe we will start to see 1 team now and honestly believe Maurer is a HUGE part in that. Maurer is also a huge part in the noice from the fans at Neyland stadium this past Saturday. Even though we were losing, the 65k vol fans there, made their presence known.
If Maurer passes for 300 yards go ahead and build the freaking statue. We haven't seen that around here in a long time. Man, I've forgotten what its like to have great QB play.

But I'm with you on the team. I think we have some momentum coming out of that GA game, even with the loss. I think the players believe in Maurer.

Reactions: reVOLution33
hope Soloman, Lockear, Taylor, and Bituli are all good to go...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MISS ST!

VN Store

Back