'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

As someone who grew up in Marietta, not sure I agree with that. Marietta has a ton of transplants and isn't what I'd call a tight-knit community. I could see Hiram being referred to as that, but certainly not Marietta.
Hiram lol. Paulding county, yes. Of course there are a lot of transplants. Marietta is huge as is Cobb county. But there are a lot of close communities in Marietta. I live in Smyrna and there are a lot of clicks as well. Of course you don’t know everyone, but a lot of people have grown up together and generations been in the same area. I have lived in Cobb pretty much my entire life. I can assure you that even I know plenty of people from Marietta and I have never officially lived in Marietta. I do work in Marietta though. I played soccer and I knew half of the Marietta team when we played them from club ball and growing up on traveling teams.

Hiram lol. Paulding county, yes. Of course there are a lot of transplants. Marietta is huge as is Cobb county. But there are a lot of close communities in Marietta. I live in Smyrna and there are a lot of clicks as well. Of course you don’t know everyone, but a lot of people have grown up together and generations been in the same area. I have lived in Cobb pretty much my entire life. I can assure you that even I know plenty of people from Marietta and I have never officially lived in Marietta. I do work in Marietta though. I played soccer and I knew half of the Marietta team when we played them from club ball and growing up on traveling teams.
lol knew I just needed a spot in Paulding so Hiram was the easy answer. Grew up in Cobb as well. Smyrna/Austell>Powder Springs>Kennesaw.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I live off the square and I know exactly what you mean. There are lots of people that have like 7 generations of their family that have graduated from Marietta High. We are also an actual city, not a collection of subdivisions. Marietta got swallowed up by ATL, but the city itself is pretty much the same as it ever was. The school system is pretty small too. I have 4 kids in different grades and also coach youth football. It feels at times like I know every kid in the entire city, which is an exaggeration of course, but you see the same people everywhere.
Gwinnett county is the same, you see most of the same families year after year with youth football....everyone becomes family it seems

aren't they kinda slow playing him though ? Like one of them deals... we want ya, but we got see how it all plays out ?

aren't they kinda slow playing him though ? Like one of them deals... we want ya, but we got see how it all plays out ?

Probably won’t matter. Brother pushing for him and it’s the state school. Plus highly ranked UGA vs rebuilding UT blah blah blah.

Idk. Hopefully he sticks but I’m feeling like a negative Nancy this morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: quadlee21
Let's hope relationship with the coaching staff and early playing time works in our favor. We have the coaches that recruited his brother UGA so you know the trust is their with the Oljuari parents.

I don't know that UGA has ever given BJ a commitable offer. UGA tried to convince him to delay his commit to UT at the last minute. They have been slow playing him all year. His brother is obviously pushing UGA to take his commitment now. I kinda think BJ signs with UT as long as Pruitt sticks.

Reactions: quadlee21

VN Store

Back