Florida vs LSU

LSU opening as a 13 point favorite.
Home field is worth 12 points I guess

LSU seems to choke when it comes to the Gators -- this one wont be any different

Yea our offense is going to struggle. Our Oline can barely put it together in the swamp. Imagine how they will play in a loud hostile environment. I already see us hurting ourselves with a lot of false starts and blown assignments due to miscommunication. That being said I don't think LSUs Dline is as good as Auburn, so even then will score some points.

That being said, I just hope we bring the same D we brought yesterday to BR. Our D is actually a better matchup against LSU, but we are going to get burnt because of our Safety misalignment on multiple occasions.

I don't think we pull this one out. I think LSU beats us 32-21. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Yea our offense is going to struggle. Our Oline can barely put it together in the swamp. Imagine how they will play in a loud hostile environment. I already see us hurting ourselves with a lot of false starts and blown assignments due to miscommunication. That being said I don't think LSUs Dline is as good as Auburn, so even then will score some points.

That being said, I just hope we bring the same D we brought yesterday to BR. Our D is actually a better matchup against LSU, but we are going to get burned because of our Safety misalignment on multiple occasions.

I don't think we pull this one out. I think LSU beats us 32-21. I hope I am wrong.

I forgot you in the call out.
Sorry. It won’t happen again

I see a lower-scoring game. I like LSU at home, but you never know in games like these. One possession; one big play; one turnover; one missed kick; or one blown (or bad) call by the officials can tip the scales.

LSU by 4.

Edit: Both teams' strategy will likely be to play field-position offense, and go after the opposing QB. Whoever gets there most has the edge. Trask/Jones at risk here. Burrow is a game manager. So now it comes down to whichever front 7 can get there. Again, have to go with LSU at home.

Last edited:
I see a lower-scoring game. I like LSU at home, but you never know in games like these. One possession; one big play; one turnover; one missed kick; or one blown (or bad) call by the officials can tip the scales.

LSU by 4.

Edit: Both teams' strategy will likely be to play field-position offense, and go after the opposing QB. Whoever gets there most has the edge. Trask/Jones at risk here. Burrow is a game manager. So now it comes down to whichever front 7 can get there. Again, have to go with LSU at home.
I’m hoping for another crap fest with turnovers that lead to other turnovers.
It’s entertaining as hell when it’s other people’s team

I actually like the Gators matchup a little more in the Georgia game. I might even be tempted to say something different if this show was down in the swamp. I think Mullen will control the TOP and shorten the game. Which is very doable with the way the tiger's defense has been leaking this season. But down in BR, it feels like Florida still needs to get some help. Like all those turnovers that the barners got on Saturday. Otherwise, I think the homefield is the difference.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
LSU has been the biggest surprise of the season to so far (outside UT) to me. Not because they are undefeated but how they ve gotten there.

I questioned how good UF was after UK. They re legit on D and managing on O.

The biggest question to me is how many points does UF hold LSU to. Their D has proven to be up to task so far. If the game is in the 20s I like UFs chances. If it gets in the 30s I like LSU.

I actually like the Gators matchup a little more in the Georgia game. I might even be tempted to say something different if this show was down in the swamp. I think Mullen will control the TOP and shorten the game. Which is very doable with the way the tiger's defense has been leaking this season. But down in BR, it feels like Florida still needs to get some help. Like all those turnovers that the barners got on Saturday. Otherwise, I think the homefield is the difference.
UF coming off a physical game against AU and LSU a scrimmage will factor in a little as well.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Florida's defense should be equal to the task, particularly if they play as well as they did versus Auburn.

The offense has to come up with a way to sustain drives. We cannot rely on big plays. Somehow we have to come up with a running game.

LSU on the road is too much. Florida will hang for a while, but I expect Death Valley to be electric. They also aren't very happy about last season. I think LSU has a different caliber WR than any school in the country except Bama.

In addition, call me stupid, I really think LSU is going to give Bama a run for their money later in the year.

So, that's the level of respect I have for LSU.

LSU 41
Florida 20

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
@99gator
Every now and then you come of like a Tennessee fan. Do you secretly cheer for the Vols when they’re not playing Florida?
I’ve got family that are Florida grads so I have an excuse to be sympathetic to your guys.

What’s your deal?

@99gator
Every now and then you come of like a Tennessee fan. Do you secretly cheer for the Vols when they’re not playing Florida?
I’ve got family that are Florida grads so I have an excuse to be sympathetic to your guys.

What’s your deal?

Not a fan. don't hate them. like the board. it is extremely active.

Really sort of that simple I guess

One of my top five rivalry games to watch. Loved it when we were good in the late 90s and would play Georgia in the 3:30 CBS game followed by FL/ LSU at 7pm. I do think LSU will be a little better at home and pull this one out.

LSU opening as a 13 point favorite.
Home field is worth 12 points I guess

It's not just home feild. LSU has a ridiculously good offense this year. Even better than Bamas honestly to this point I believe. However, Auburn would also beat UF 9/10 times probably. So anything can happen. But LSU doesn't have a freshman QB playing on the road either. So. Honestly I'd take LSU and the points. But it's also a rivalry. Rivalries are often played close regardless. It'll be interesting to watch.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Florida's defense should be equal to the task, particularly if they play as well as they did versus Auburn.

The offense has to come up with a way to sustain drives. We cannot rely on big plays. Somehow we have to come up with a running game.

You cannot simply compare Auburn's and LSUs offenses. LSU is in another stratosphere. However LSU isn't that strong on defense. UF will have to win a shootout. And I'm pretty sure 34 against the vols is the most they've been able to score all season correct? (Against FBS teams.)

VN Store

Back