Kirby is Classless

You don’t want your QB to get shellacked then pick up the block. Kirby could’ve kept throwing deep passes and easily hung 50 on us but once the game was in hand Georgia stuck to runs up the gut to bleed the clock. He’s a decent dude as much as I hate to admit it. As far as him celebrating, it was a big play by a young defender. Had the tables been turned Pruitt would’ve been excited and we would’ve been as well.

With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.

Collectively fans need to make up their minds. We whine about how they are "wussing up" the game yet then we start whining that the other team is *GASP* actually trying to stop a team that is still actively trying to score. Who is the wuss now?

Seriously, did you want them to lay down and let us score? Good lord.

Reactions: jonnon111
With 4:50 left in the game and up by 21 points GA DC send a corner blitz on a freshman QB. Then after the bone crunching hit and scoop and score Kirby runs down the sideline and high-fives his DC like that play just won them the game. There was no reason to send that blitz and possibly hurt a promising young QB, the game was already in control. As much as I dislike Alabama Saban would never do that. I am starting to dislike GA more than Bama and don't get me started on FL.

I don’t care for Kirby Smart but it has 0 to do with that play.

In fairness, if we get a TD on that drive there it's a two score game. The game wasn't in jeopardy but they weren't blowing us out. Also, don't have Pitt for us. I don't want BM hurt, but that was a clean hit. Also, if we would have got that shot on Jake Fromm, even with the game out of reach, we would have taken it. Hell, it would be a gif running on a loop in volnation lore.

Last edited:
We were trying to score, slinging the ball all over the field. They are allowed to try to stop us. You sound like a Vandy fan.

As far as the OP and comment made by the writer of this thread all I will say is " this is football for crying out loud". If the shoe was on the other foot you'd react the complete opposite. be honest.

He came clean. There wasn't time to do jack. He's lucky his ribs aren't broke. That was just them knowing we were going to pass. Much easier to tee off and bring more than you can block when there is no threat of a run..

And on that BM has to be aware of that in obvious passing situations. I like the kid ànd hope plays like that make him even better.
Go Vols

We did pretty much the same thing when the Jones team smashed Northwestern. Even had Vols fans mock the whining NW fans who laid the same complaint about Berry not taking a knee after the last-minute interception instead of making it a pick-six. At least don't whine hypocritically, instead, nurse the anger for the day we curb stomp and give them a "remember when" mocking.

He and his team have an ass-kicking coming. Don’t worry.

I have no issue with it. Yes it is very unlikely we come back but look at what Dobbs did to South Carolina a few years back with very little time. In the 1980 Holiday Bowl BYU was down 20 with 4 minutes left and came back to beat SMU. It’s rare but it can happen.

So... football is a rough game.

TN failed to cover. If some are going to blame GA for calling a great D, or hitting hard, or scoring when there is a fumble...I see why the team is in the shape it is. Every down, Every Play, Every Time.

It’s called he remembers the 90s. They refer to that as payback.

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG
On the flip side, With 4:50 left in the game and down by 21 points Vols are still airing out with their freshman QB, so it's all fair game.

I don’t look at that as a classless move. They were trying to put the nail in the coffin and they did. It wasn’t a dirty hit. It sure would’ve been nice to have seen our coach draw up a couple of plays that would e resulted in big blindside hits. But we can’t even get lined up properly a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Here's hoping BM rolls in to Athens next season with a year under his belt and pisses on their parade.

Here's hoping BM rolls in to Athens next season with a year under his belt and pisses on their parade.
Yes sir, and to add to that, I hope our -O- line pulls their heads out of their...….. and gets into SEC shape, you know where you can play hard, all four quarters.

Kirby is a jerk and everyone know it. It was a clean play though and a big hit and we just didn’t make the block. On Kirby he’s not that great of a coach and even worse human being from what I’m told of insiders at UGA. The fans there want a national championship ,it’s been since 1980 and that one is questionable). When he stumbles against Florida and Auburn the fans will turn and turn quickly. Mark my word Kirby is smart in name only! His time is limited with his fans that have more money than brains. GBO!

You don't know any "insiders" at UGA who can tell you the first thing about Kirby Smart as a human being. Just stop.

Kirby is a jerk and everyone know it. It was a clean play though and a big hit and we just didn’t make the block. On Kirby he’s not that great of a coach and even worse human being from what I’m told of insiders at UGA. The fans there want a national championship ,it’s been since 1980 and that one is questionable). When he stumbles against Florida and Auburn the fans will turn and turn quickly. Mark my word Kirby is smart in name only! His time is limited with his fans that have more money than brains. GBO!
This might be the most ignorant, petty, salt-ridden post I've ever read on here

VN Store

Back