Getting to six... how?

Lots of people are all of a sudden talking about the possibility of 6-6 and a bowl invite. So out of Mississippi State, Alabama, South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt, which five do the Vols beat to get there?

If we lose this weekend (and it’s not even with discussing bama)...we’d have to sweep the remaining 5 games. So to me this Saturday is the hame we absolutely ha e to win to have a shot at a bowl game. Even then it’s a huge long shot. And while none of the final 5 teams are that great we are likely (at least on paper) the worst of them all. Not sure how anyone could believe it’s going to happen. But I guess anything is possible.

Lots of people are all of a sudden talking about the possibility of 6-6 and a bowl invite. So out of Mississippi State, Alabama, South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt, which five do the Vols beat to get there?

A. Beat MissSt and UAB, and it is still a possibility...though still unlikely.

B. Lose to Miss St and 10+ losses are likely.

Based on what I’ve seen so far, B is more likely than A.

Coaching malpractice cost them any shot at a bowl game this year.

I agree completely. Here we are 5 games into the season and I still don’t think that the coaches are settled with their personnel.

Not bama and maybe not Mizzou.

We’re not getting to six. If we had beaten Ga State we would’ve had a chance. But it’s not going to happen this year.

If they play like they did in the first half yesterday, the rest of the games (except Bama) are winnable. I don't see it happening though. I'm thinking 4 or 5 at this point. But it could be as low as 3. I would probably feel a lot better about it with a win over Miss St.

Muschump and candy have it coming. Beat them and UAB and remember that not being prepared against Ga St really shot us in the foot. Take what we can get and never overlook anyone again.

Reactions: SKBubba
We’ve lost 4 games by a combined 71 points. That averages out to us losing by basically 18 points per game. That wouldn’t be so bad during the upcoming stretch of games, but that number includes GAST and BYU. Knowing what you know of our team, seeing the product on the field thus far, and seeing the above stat.... how in the world can anyone be talking about a freaking bowl game. We played a decent half against Georgia and you’re all crazy enough to think that means we are going to win 5 of our next 7 games. We bring the embarrassment on ourselves with conversations like this.

Quality thread here

Would someone have brought this thread up again if we hadn't made it to a bowl? I'm happy with the improvement. I wouldn't have thought at the beginning of the year that we would have beaten Missouri. I also wouldn't have thought we would have lost that game that should not be named. BYU and SC I saw as a toss up. I never think we should lose to Vandy. We are where I thought we would be, just not in the way that I thought we would be there, so I'm as wrong as anyone that posted on this thread.

VN Store

Back