Vols Finally Have a QB

Talked to him after the game. He claims he didn’t. And given the trainers picked him up immediately I have no choice but to believe what he said about himself and the facts that took place. Trainers don’t stand an unconscious person on their feet.
Dude.

This is not debatable. He lost consciousness. He was of course unaware that he had. The trainers pulled him to his feet when it occurred. It's on video.

Dude.

This is not debatable. He lost consciousness. He was of course unaware that he had. The trainers pulled him to his feet when it occurred. It's on video.
Just telling what he said and given the facts that took place during and after I have no choice but to believe him. He didn’t look or seem concussed at all. I was obviously at the game but from what I understand he looked good to go after coming out of the tent. Given the fact that the trainers are professionals I would think if he had lost consciousness there would be more media surrounding the story. Just my take on it.

Maurer could be a really good QB this year and certainly in years to come. I think we've finally turned the corner with the OL. Were gonna need some receivers and need a power back to go with our young guys. On defense we don't have anything we need on the DL that group needs a huge upgrade. Linebacker were ok need to add a couple guys but the younger guys we have are gonna be really good. Looks like the secondary could use some better coaching and overall defense still don't know how to lineup and makes to many mistakes has not looked like Pruitt defense at other schools guess they had a lot better players.

Some will still think so but I guarantee BM opened some eyes to how underrated he was now.

Brian brings the right attitude. He doesn't want anything handed to him like some other prospects and certain prospects former teammates. And UT football team See's that in him.

Truth is we need more players. More speed. More skill , intelligence, size and speed on defense.

Jalin Hyatt and Brian Maurer can be a deadly combination. Until we can get close to be as deep as Bama,LSU, and UGA, (3 more years?) we need good explosive offense to keep us in any games.

Brian brings the right attitude. He doesn't want anything handed to him like some other prospects and certain prospects former teammates. And UT football team See's that in him.

Truth is we need more players. More speed. More skill , intelligence, size and speed on defense.

Jalin Hyatt and Brian Maurer can be a deadly combination. Until we can get close to be as deep as Bama,LSU, and UGA, (3 more years?) we need good explosive offense to keep us in any games.
Definitely need speed on the outside! Do you know Hyatt’s 40 time?

Reactions: lexkyvol
We have found our quarterback.Player open,ball gets to him when needed.Not hopelessly overthrown or too late.The offense was spirited.Events in the game,no one quit playing.There is more than just hope for the rest.of this year.Those who still say gloom and doom,bad coaches,bad players,no morale,please just get the hell away from this site!Just because your life sucks,do not try to convey your lousy existance to us.GBO
Yea!

Just telling what he said and given the facts that took place during and after I have no choice but to believe him. He didn’t look or seem concussed at all. I was obviously at the game but from what I understand he looked good to go after coming out of the tent. Given the fact that the trainers are professionals I would think if he had lost consciousness there would be more media surrounding the story. Just my take on it.
You are choosing indirect facts over direct facts. The direct facts are:

1 He tried to lay down on the sidelines
2 He passed out in doing so as evidenced by his eyes closing, body becoming limp, and head falling back with loss of tone
3 Staff, witnessing this and in a minor panic, jerked him to his feet as he recovered consciousness
4 He was pale when he came out of the tent

This should no longer be called "a little shaken up". It should be called what it is. Playing without fully recovering and taking another lick, which he will, risks his well being forever.

Chronic encephalopathy from repeated trauma is in the news regularly, has been the subject of a movie, and more recently been discussed publicly by the recently retired New England tight end.

Ignoring what happened doesn't eliminate it's consequences. The player will never say "hey...something bad happened to me". Somebody has to do it for him.

Maybe his mom is following.

Reactions: Titan05
You are choosing indirect facts over direct facts. The direct facts are:

1 He tried to lay down on the sidelines
2 He passed out in doing so as evidenced by his eyes closing, body becoming limp, and head falling back with loss of tone
3 Staff, witnessing this and in a minor panic, jerked him to his feet as he recovered consciousness

This should no longer be called "a little shaken up". It should be called what it is. Playing without fully recovering and taking another lick, which he will, risks his well being forever.

Chronic encephalopathy from repeated trauma is in the news regularly, has been the subject of a movie, and more recently been discussed publicly by the recently retired New England tight end.

Ignoring what happened doesn't eliminate it's consequences. The player will never say "hey...something bad happened to me". Somebody has to do it for him.

Maybe his mom is following.
I hope UT puts this kid through the concussion protocol by a medical professional. Without a doubt he was concussed. He has a bright future ahead

Maurer could be a really good QB this year and certainly in years to come. I think we've finally turned the corner with the OL. Were gonna need some receivers and need a power back to go with our young guys. On defense we don't have anything we need on the DL that group needs a huge upgrade. Linebacker were ok need to add a couple guys but the younger guys we have are gonna be really good. Looks like the secondary could use some better coaching and overall defense still don't know how to lineup and makes to many mistakes has not looked like Pruitt defense at other schools guess they had a lot better players.

You lost all credibility with this sentence,"I think we've finally turned the corner with the OL".

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back