Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at 11 am yesterday it hadn't been beaten fully into the ground yet. He was the first person with actual knowledge of the subject matter I had heard talk about it, so YMMV.

It had on here, in fact it had been beaten to death when the whole thing came up a couple of weeks ago.

We all know it's going to be a bloodbath but the only thing I want to see vs Georgia is energy, no quit, and Maurer to start. Zero other expectations.

People are trying to make this a Pruitt issue in this thread. It’s unreal. Anyone who watched the whole video would not think this is a bad look for Pruitt.

His only complaint is that they weren’t notified so it could have been taken care of. He said at least twice that Banks doesn’t have anyone at home to teach him what to do in a situation like this. Pruitt said they were teaching him and that they had talked with an officer about how to handle it and they thought it was taken care of. He was clearly only concerned that they hadn’t been notified so that they could have taken care of the problem. That was what was silly is that nobody had informed them.

Stop letting these trolls tell y’all that Pruitt was mad that the police didn’t just let him off or sweep it under the rug. Anyone who listened to the video and heard the entire conversation, as I did, knows that isn’t the truth. My goodness some of y’all are just being ridiculous on here.
I also rewatched it. The part everyone tried to make a big deal about regarding the warrant.... Pruitt said why do you have to arrest him just because of the warrant? (He was asking a question. Not making a statement) I believe people misinterpreted that part.

Butch went against much worse UGA teams that Pruitt
I noted as much. That's why my barometer is focused on "heart and determination". Also why I spoke highly of our match vs them last year. 26 pt loss sounds bad, but we gave them hell for 3 quarters and I would like to see that again this year.

Though tbf Butch's 2013/2014 teams were big underdogs too. 2013 UGA was #6 and 2014 was #12 when we played. I do think they've upgraded bigly since then, but those UGA teams were far from slouches and we stood little chance back then either. We just found a way to play up to them somehow. Would love to see that again. Not even hoping for an OT loss (2013) or 3 pt loss (2014). Even a 10-14 pt loss would show heart and will.

2 threads on VQ of people getting that "Auburn feeling" for this weekend. Tbh I had it going into UF. They had all sorts of offseason issues, some disgruntled fans after scraping by UK, multiple starters down that had a big impact, breaking in a QB that had never started a college game. I just thought stars were aligning.

But not this game. I have zero fuzzy feelings. We are now the one with all the issues and uncertainty, off the field distractions, etc. We had a bye week, but so did they. UGA is insanely talented and they have a super solid QB that probably will never hand the ball to us like Stidham did. This isn't Richt's UGA with top-10, but nowhere near top-3, recruiting. This isn't Hudson Mason vs Dobbs at QB.

But I also can't get that ND game out of my head either. UGA was at home and a 2 TD favorite and ND had every shot in the world to win. Or the bowl game where Texas was a 12 pt dog and whipped the pups. They seem to have a way of playing down to competition at times...but even that isn't enough to even give me a glimmer of hope.

Their strength is...well, at many places, but OL might be their best unit. Our DL and limited LBs corps is a major underdog here. We'll see how much fight we have, because we sure as hell shouldn't even hold a candle to them on paper. They should be able to hand it off and run over us all day. Can we hold for a half or 3 quarters? Would be proud to see even a repeat of last year's first 3 quarters.

Butch's teams brought the fight to uga his first 4 years. Would love to see a 2nd straight uga game under Pruitt where we showed HEART and determination.

Me too. Zero chance we win Saturday imo

Final score predictions Saturday? 38-10 from me
Reasonable. We've scored 12 pts vs them in 2 years. Vandy lost by 24. Anything less than 24 feels like a moral victory tbh.

More afraid all our QB uncertainty turns into a total disaster and it's over by quarter 2. Our D is going to have to play lights out to keep this interesting past halftime.

Me too. Zero chance we win Saturday imo
I will never go as far as zero. But 5% might as well be zero. You just never know with college kids (oops, letting some small glimmer of hope in :) ).

I expect by kickoff I will be up to 10% hope and ready to run through a wall.

No but went to the doctor for hopefully the last time and they did something that sometimes helps speed up the process. It’s just weird and seemed uncomfortable for my wife. Sunday is our due date. Just waiting.

Baby pops Saturday night...10:45 EST right as Cimaglia hits a 61 yarder as the clock hits zero!!!

To get our first 3 points of the game...

Meh, it's like people knocking our #1 bball ranking down because we had played like a bunch of cupcakes leading up to it...wgaf? I'll take #1 all day, don't gaf how we got there. We earned it regardless.

And UT bball is 5x what MSU football has ever been. #1, #5, #10, any of the above would be pretty miraculous when you think of MSU football. Mullen pulled a rabbit out of his hat down there no doubt.
difference of opinion.
#1 in week whatever gets you Butch Jones trophies.The final body of work tells the whole story

difference of opinion.
#1 in week whatever gets you Butch Jones trophies.The final body of work tells the whole story
Yeah I get they were far from a #1 team overall. But, more from a fan's perepective, merely reaching that, at any point, for any period of time, is awesome when your team never does that. It's an accomplishment in itself and raises your national image.

Some non-UT friends have ragged on Barnes for his postseason record, but when I explain to them how huge it was for us just being #1 for awhile, they start to get it from my perspective. I think that month alone helped us soo much in recruiting. We won nothing of significance otherwise last year, but recruiting has exploded since. And no matter how the postseason went, I think of Barnes very highly for even getting us that far. I'd imagine MSU fans held Mullen in similar regard.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Those three teams I just mentioned where also far more talented than the TN team that lost to GSU. Further, the south Alabama team that your boy Mehlen lost to went 6-6 that year with losses to ULM, Georgia Southern, Louisiana, Troy, Arkansas State, and Idaho. But boy, that one loss sure proved that Mehlen sucks, right?

It's one loss troll, get over it. Even though you want it to, it doesn't mean anything about his future just like those losses I just mentioned didn't mean anything about the futures of Saban, Mehlen, or Orgeron. Upsets happen. Back to ignore you go. Go troll somewhere else

Fluke upsets happen to good coaches. Total domination and lack of preparedness upsets happen to losers.

lol typical Bass. Such a homer. Those with opposing views must mean they’re trolls so they have to go on ignore.

Good recruitin, though 99.9% of SAs will hardly see more than a dime from it anyway.

It is more of a fairness issue for many. Any other student can earn as he pleases, yet SAs cannot. On the other hand, it is only an NCAA rule. And the NCAA is a private organization, so it can set its own rules as it pleases. Though that doesn't make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back