Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 1.33 Bass, you even know how to math?

Agreed though, I think we're sitting at more than 6 wins in the first 16 games...but 10 wins wasn't happening year 1 under any coach. WVU, @ Georgia, Alabama were loses and then @ Auburn, Missouri, @ South Carolina were tough games based on roster talent.

Mullen likely wins ETSU, UTEP, Florida, Charlotte, Kentucky, Vandy. Then @ Auburn, @ South Carolina, Missouri the 3 toss ups but I would have banked on him getting 7 or 8 max.
Maybe, but it's all speculation. All I know is that our coach beat 2 ranked teams last year, one on the road, with this roster. Rebuilding is not linear, especially when you have a bad QB. If we had a better QB we would have more wins than he currently has. Is he going to get us back to championships? I have no idea. And neither does anyone else on here as much as they want to act like they already know he isn't the guy. No you don't. If you say you do, you're either depressed like Involuntary, or a troll like Kingston, Hank, and Jack.

We have been in the gutter for over a decade. You don't turn that around in 1 year with one recruiting class.

So against my better judgement I tuned into Basilo's first hour this morning because I had some extra time today. Dude starts taking credit for Coach Fulmer going public on vol calls last night. lol He also says the reason JG probably wont start now is because people inside the program listen to his show and they just now are starting to feel the pressure from the qb situation. LMAO this dude is full of shat. lol
I used to watch the stock market. Now, I realize the economy will go as Basillio decides it will go

Bro...I would guess that there's plenty of players on the team who feel the same way. It wouldn't resonate the way you think.

Best thing for Banks is for him to listen to JP and his coaches, take the advice that they give, listen to it, do well enough in class to get a degree, do well enough on the field to continue to play, and leave here a better man.

Live and learn. Better not bitter.
I was half way joking. But, public humiliation can be strong motivator. I think most on the team would be embarrassed for him though.

Reactions: ob79
Glad you are starting to realize that...finally lol
I really don't get the hate everyone shows toward him and his show. He's a radio personality. His whole job is to entertain and keep you listening. Of course the guy is going to say some stuff like that, it's literally his job to stir the pot and keep people interested. he's not 247 or Rivals so his thing is to entertain more than to inform. Dunno why everyone gets so tore up about him, i find him and his hot takes quite comical myself.

He has. It's also easier to make an A when you inherit a team with multiple NFL players, 6 taken in the draft last year and many more will be taken this year. Meanwhile, Pruitt inherited a roster with 0 draft picks and very few hopes at a draft pick for this year outside of our receivers who can't make a play because we don't have a QB. But sure, let's keep comparing them like they are the same.
Did I make a comparison?

Those that are hoping this Pruitt/Banks phone call will get Pruitt fired need to realize that that possible outcome is the last thing this program needs. I've stated my lack of confidence in Coach Pruitt and I have very little hope he has what it takes to fix this program but having him fired for something like this will be viewed as it should be, a scapegoat to fire him. We need him to succeed. It is the fastest way for us to return to competitive football. I hope and pray that he proves me wrong and he builds something special where we all can hold our heads up as Vol fans.

I really don't get the hate everyone shows toward him and his show. He's a radio personality. His whole job is to entertain and keep you listening. Of course the guy is going to say some stuff like that, it's literally his job to stir the pot and keep people interested. he's not 247 or Rivals so his thing is to entertain more than to inform. Dunno why everyone gets so tore up about him, i find him and his hot takes quite comical myself.

His whole job is to entertain, yes you are correct, but he is not.

Reactions: quadlee21
Kinda like Alex Jones.

Wait, no.
Exactly like Alex Jones.

I want Pruitt fired and yesterday but i dont think his role in the phone call is a big deal.
Those that are hoping this Pruitt/Banks phone call will get Pruitt fired need to realize that that possible outcome is the last thing this program needs. I've stated my lack of confidence in Coach Pruitt and I have very little hope he has what it takes to fix this program but having him fired for something like this will be viewed as it should be, a scapegoat to fire him. We need him to succeed. It is the fastest way for us to return to competitive football. I hope and pray that he proves me wrong and he builds something special where we all can hold our heads up as Vol fans.

Last edited:
Exactly how I feel

So against my better judgement I tuned into Basilo's first hour this morning because I had some extra time today. Dude starts taking credit for Coach Fulmer going public on vol calls last night. lol He also says the reason JG probably wont start now is because people inside the program listen to his show and they just now are starting to feel the pressure from the qb situation. LMAO this dude is full of shat. lol

That is all pretty silly, but he had a good show yesterday. Had on local attorney and sports radio sponsor Marcos Garza to breakdown the legalities of the Banks situation. Then had a real powerful call in his “overtime” from a retired deputy sheriff from Shelby County who had a partner who had been shot and killed in the line of duty in Memphis.

The constructive criticism of the whole situation was that the administration in the athletic department needs to be monitoring these kids’ legal situations and make sure when they get tickets or minor charges they aren’t ignored and get resolved so no warrants ever get issued in the first place.

I tried listening to Fan Run Radio yesterday morning and it was all a bunch of guys who already wanted Pruitt fired using this as another club to beat their target. The “rebels” of Knoxville radio basically took the Pete Thamel & Dan Wolken position. I deleted their app.

And yet, in retrospect we see that ranking was based exclusively on beating teams who finished with no less than 4 losses on the year.
I think only one team even ended ranked at the end of the year
Meh, it's like people knocking our #1 bball ranking down because we had played like a bunch of cupcakes leading up to it...wgaf? I'll take #1 all day, don't gaf how we got there. We earned it regardless.

And UT bball is 5x what MSU football has ever been. #1, #5, #10, any of the above would be pretty miraculous when you think of MSU football. Mullen pulled a rabbit out of his hat down there no doubt.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Zero shot he would have and equally true is no way Florida is ranked in the top 10 right now with Bama Pruitt at the helm
But again, short-term was NEVER the sale with Pruitt. It was always a long-term bet.

Let's stop moving goalposts.

That is all pretty silly, but he had a good show yesterday. Had on local attorney and sports radio sponsor Marcos Garza to breakdown the legalities of the Banks situation. Then had a real powerful call in his “overtime” from a retired deputy sheriff from Shelby County who had a partner who had been shot and killed in the line of duty in Memphis.

The constructive criticism of the whole situation was that the administration in the athletic department needs to be monitoring these kids’ legal situations and make sure when they get tickets or minor charges they aren’t ignored and get resolved so no warrants ever get issued in the first place.

I tried listening to Fan Run Radio yesterday morning and it was all a bunch of guys who already wanted Pruitt fired using this as another club to beat their target. The “rebels” of Knoxville radio basically took the Pete Thamel & Dan Wolken position. I deleted their app.

that sounds beyond terrible.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back