Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

I lived in Bartlett and Midtown Memphis for 8 years. Bartlett, Cordova, Germantown and Collierville are suburbs of Memphis, none of which are remotely as dangerous and destitute as Memphis. When I lived was there, there was some “Memphis creep” happening and Cordova was beginning to get a good bit of it.....but it in no way was it is anything comparable to Orange Mound or Brooks road or the other areas of Memphis that people are referencing when trying to make excuses for Banks thug behavior.

What did you say different than I said?

Now what I don't understand is WHY would they recruit someone like that?...Kid is nothing more than a disrespectful thug...I don't care if he is a good football player he certainly isn't a good person.

Now what I don't understand is WHY would they recruit someone like that?...Kid is nothing more than a disrespectful thug...I don't care if he is a good football player he certainly isn't a good person.

So you can judge a guys complete character from one incident?

Reactions: hmhawk and Behr
Coaches weight risk vs reward. Some kids respond well to the opportunity, some never will.

Expect more like him as Pruitt tries to rebuild.

Did you watch the entire video....the one that is over an hour long? If not, you should. Banks confirms who he is at this moment in time, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Reactions: sona
Ummm no and I’ve been a sheriff deputy for 25 years
Well, for the record, if I happen to be in your neck of the woods and one of these cop-hating "non-thugs" has you down on the ground and is going for your sidearm, I promise I'll stop and save your life... rather than debate how and why the "non-thug's" socioeconomic circumstances make him/her misunderstood. ;)

As for what should happen, that's obviously above my pay grade; but it is a little startling to hear these kids keep referring to shooting as a means of minor conflict resolution.

Look at how the guy acts and the way he talks...The police were really good to that kid and he doesn't realize it yet and he STILL run his mouth at them...Now he is famous all over the country for being an a$$hole....Really makes our school and football team look good huh?

Reactions: OldVolMan
Did you watch the entire video....the one that is over an hour long? If not, you should. Banks confirms who he is at this moment in time, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I did but I'm still not going to judge a persons character off of 1 bad day and conclude that they are not salvageable. If something similar happens again I'll revisit.

Reactions: hmhawk
Look at how the guy acts and the way he talks...The police were really good to that kid and he doesn't realize it yet and he STILL run his mouth at them...Now he is famous all over the country for being an a$$hole....Really makes our school and football team look good huh?

Our football team didn't look good long before this video came out.

I'm a firm believer that 1 mistake does not make a person.

Reactions: LibertyVolance
Th officers were FAR more accommodating to him than they would have been to you or me. He got to make multiple phone calls with his own phone....he wouldn’t even tell them his apartment number. The professionalism and patience demonstrated by the police was impressive.

OK, not a nice kid. I think then, you're a nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice. And pathetically playing the service card in an attempt to shame me. No real marine would do that, they're too principled and honorable to stoop at your level. But as a fake, well...
Looking at what's printed under your avatar, I think I see where your problem lies.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I did but I'm still not going to judge a persons character off of 1 bad day and conclude that they are not salvageable. If something similar happens again I'll revisit.
I didn’t say he wasn’t salvageable....I’ve gone out of my way to say that. But it should be zero tolerance from here on out. There are more important things than football.

Reactions: KBVol
Th officers were FAR more accommodating to him than they would have been to you or me. He got to make multiple phone calls with his own phone....he wouldn’t even tell them his apartment number. The professionalism and patience demonstrated by the police was impressive.
Totally agree!

I didn’t say he wasn’t salvageable....I’ve gone out of my way to say that. But it should be zero tolerance from here on out. There are more important things than football.

Yeah, I could agree with that.

If that merits a dismissal, we might as well close down our sports programs.
He was angry and said something very wrong. But, dismissal? Would our rivals?
Don't care what our rivals would do. All young people and for that matter all adults need to take responsibility and the consequences for their behavior. We have a world full of "Entitled Athletes" and "Entitled young people" that need to be dealt with and learn the world does not rotate around them. Shame on you for that remark.

The officers discuss those calls at the end of the video, the lead informing the "intern" that she really shouldn't have allowed him to call Pruitt, that Banks was threatening, etc. They gave him a huge break, even after all of the racist crap he was spewing.

The officers discuss those calls at the end of the video, the lead informing the "intern" that she really shouldn't have allowed him to call Pruitt, that Banks was threatening, etc. They gave him a huge break, even after all of the racist crap he was spewing.
Did you happen to hear him tell “JJ” not to let them search his car? He was very emphatic and said it about 3 times.

I found it interesting that they didn’t. I’m telling you they bent over backwards to cut him a break.

Don't care what our rivals would do. All young people and for that matter all adults need to take responsibility and the consequences for their behavior. We have a world full of "Entitled Athletes" and "Entitled young people" that need to be dealt with and learn the world does not rotate around them. Shame on you for that remark.

My post so far has 44 likes...so, there’s that.

I lived in Bartlett and Midtown Memphis for 8 years. Bartlett, Cordova, Germantown and Collierville are suburbs of Memphis, none of which are remotely as dangerous and destitute as Memphis. When I lived was there, there was some “Memphis creep” happening and Cordova was beginning to get a good bit of it.....but it in no way was it is anything comparable to Orange Mound or Brooks road or the other areas of Memphis that people are referencing when trying to make excuses for Banks thug behavior.

I don’t agree with you often but like you said, There is “ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR BANKS’ BEHAVIOR” anyone who believes there is has something wrong with them.

The good thing is he can be molded into a better person from this incident. Will he? That is the question. Hopefully he does become a better person.

Reactions: KBVol

I agree and said as much but we got certain folks here who refuse to see that. I had some unkind but honest words about banks and his mouth as well. But the jokers here refuse to see any of that unless you avoid the slightest unflattering word about cops. Your views must align 100% with theirs or you're evil personified. Now, watch.

It’s part
Sheriff Deputy or Deputy Sheriff? And you are ok with Disrespecting the Law?
of it. He was actually more calm than most. Look at this way if your dealing with law enforcement your day has obviously taken a turn for the worse as a rule of thumb. Why make it worse on someone who is having a bad day. How about actually showing some kindness and trying to change it with them. Usually people see your trying to help while still doing your job and you get an apology. At least that’s my take.

I agree and said as much but we got certain folks here who refuse to see that. I had some unkind but honest words about banks and his mouth as well. But the jokers here refuse to see any of that unless you avoid the slightest unflattering word about cops. Your views must align 100% with theirs or you're evil personified. Now, watch.
Wasn’t responding to you....you’re not on my radar in the slightest.

VN Store

Back