Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knox media better be careful what they wish for. Vols football has supported that town for decades. Knoxville isn’t going anywhere but a good football program is in the entire city of Knoxville’s best interest.
I promise the Haslams have to be paying some of these idiots to do this, so that they can try to bring down Fulmer/Pruitt/and the side of big boosters who made the power move against Schiano and the Haslams. I think the Haslams could care less about the football program anymore, so if they nuke the entire thing since they aren’t in control right now, then so be it.

Charlotte, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Troy, Furman, and one of Kentucky, South Carolina, or Missouri are wins with a mediocre coach next season.

If Pruitt can't get that 6th win, I don't think he survives.

Reactions: JB_Vol and Vols4us
Anyone who reads this and still is thinking about firing Pruitt is an absolute moron
The question is if it is much different than normal. Without context nearly any school's 5 year attrition looks bad, but much of it is regular.

I know 2014 had crazy attrition, but since then it has been fairly normal. Pruitt did well to keep the prior players on board and minimize attrition imo.

Then why in the world does the powers that be let the Haslams be the driving force for decisions? Other big boosters need to convince Charlie to flex and run the Haslams off the hill.
@LA Vol has said Charlie doesn't want any part of it. Said they've sent people to meet with him and he won't do much if anything. Correct me if I'm wrong @LA Vol .

Still have not seen it. It's been on my ever-growing list but my film-viewing time is seriously curtailed these days. Old dad with young kids and now they're into the after-school activities age so my personal time is nearly non-existent. I read good things though and want to see it.
It's Vita with different characters in the same city 50 years later in sumptuous color. Not a knock off: good enough to qualify as the tribute it wants to be, borderline rival.

Reactions: pismonque
The question is if it is much different than normal. Without context nearly any school's 5 year attrition looks bad, but much of it is regular.

I know 2014 had crazy attrition, but since then it has been fairly normal. Pruitt did well to keep the prior players on board and minimize attrition imo.
Teams that win at a high level have much more production from their junior and senior class than we do. That is very clear. We have no depth and very little upper class talent. It isn’t just the attrition, it’s that the players who are still here are either busts or don’t even play. The best players who are upper class men are receivers who can’t do anything because we don’t have anyone that can throw them the dang ball.

The roster is still good enough to go 6-6 next year with an average skilled head coach imo

How Cat? Pruitt May have some flaws but if you really look at the roster you can’t blame the guy. Jim Chaney is a top notch OC & he calls some of the same plays he did at UGA and our players can’t even execute them. Those screens to Chandler would be a house call for Swift. Not a knock of Ty but he doesn’t have a average QB to get the ball to him.

Reactions: AppStVol

I’d like to see it compared to Florida’s attrition over the same period.

The knoxville media is stirring the pot. Now the national media will run with the arrest video and it will show the football program in another negative light. Mama always said never bite the hand that feeds you.

Teams that win at a high level have much more production from their junior and senior class than we do. That is very clear. We have no depth and very little upper class talent. The best players who are upper class men are receivers who can’t do anything because we don’t have anyone that can throw them the dang ball.

Offensive production is largely from JG, JJ, MC, Chandler, DWA.

Defensively 5/6 top tacklers are upperclassmen.

The lack of upperclassmen isn't the issue.

This staff had plenty of vets to use and they have been squandered.

I wonder if the tv people had the tact to let cjp know in advance before it ran or just dropped the surprise in the middle of GA week.

It's Vita with different characters in the same city 50 years later in sumptuous color. Not a knock off: good enough to qualify as the tribute it wants to be, borderline rival.

Always loved LDV. Enough to own the DVD. 8 1/2 always boggled my brains though.

Btw, if youre familiar with Knoxville, you may know there's a Fellini Kroger's.

How Cat? Pruitt May have some flaws but if you really look at the roster you can’t blame the guy. Jim Chaney is a top notch OC & he calls some of the same plays he did at UGA and our players can’t even execute them. Those screens to Chandler would be a house call for Swift. Not a knock of Ty but he doesn’t have a average QB to get the ball to him.

I said next year. But also this year I still think there was enough talent to win 6. Hindsight is 20/20 but If Pruitt did the right thing and take out JG we would be 3-1 right now.

I rarely ask anything of VolNation but a great friend of ours was found deceased today in his home. He was a Georgia fan whose company was always welcome in this Vol house. Please extend your prayers to his final journey and his family.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope you and his family can find comfort in the coming days, weeks, and months. GOD bless!

Still haven't seen much reason not to go YouTube TV & Antenna.

Multiple screens at once, dvr/cloud storage...lots of options for channels and it's one of the best streaming servers around already.
I thought about YouTube TV but I would probably go over my data cap each month. Streaming 1080P takes a decent amount of bandwidth.

The fact that you listed 10 upperclassmen is the issue. That number should be doubled.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Since it is UGA week, this is how JG played uga last year. If he can have a similarly efficient, low-key game, who knows? It will depden on if we have adjusted schemes or Chaney is hardheaded with what he's been doing. JG can be safe and efficient if we put him in a dang box.

13/21 62%
143 Yards. 6.8 ypa
2 TDs
0 INTs
151 qbr

I rarely ask anything of VolNation but a great friend of ours was found deceased today in his home. He was a Georgia fan whose company was always welcome in this Vol house. Please extend your prayers to his final journey and his family.
🙏 I hate death, and I look forward to it's final destruction.

Yes because JG is giving those guys plenty of opportunities to make plays. Great point! Well thought out!

Tacklers? Please oh please tell me who the upperclassmen on defense are that are so good? I can’t wait to hear this. I’ll give you one: Bituli, and he’s started one game this season.

Squandered our upper class talent? You have to have upper class talent to squander it. This is ridiculous.

You go from a guy who lives and breaths Tennessee football and has players who felt the same, to Kiffin who was all about USC--even as a Tennessee coach, if the players were to be believed.

Don’t even need to believe the players. That S.O.B. Put up big pictures of usc players in the Tennessee facilities. And it was allowed!
Don’t care who he is, that scum needed to go and goid riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back