‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

Like begets like? Maybe Springer is going to be a vol and hall really likes this group as teammates? Adding Springer was something I couldn't really believe until it happened but Springer AND Hall? Unreal....just an unreal class.

Edit: Clemson? Oh well...it's been fun to dream.

Reactions: sport3500
Florida just took a commitment from juco PF Osayi Osifo...obviously they could take him and Hall but they are limited on spots and their mods seem to be suggesting he may not be a lock to UF. He visited UF last weekend, so the longer that one gets away from a visit without a commitment it typically suggests a good sign.

He visited Clemson September 7th, Florida September 20th, is scheduled for Virginia Tech October 11, Tennessee October 18 and Georgia Tech November 2.

Florida just took a commitment from juco PF Osayi Osifo...obviously they could take him and Hall but they are limited on spots and their mods seem to be suggesting he may not be a lock to UF. He visited UF last weekend, so the longer that one gets away from a visit without a commitment it typically suggests a good sign.

He visited Clemson September 7th, Florida September 20th, is scheduled for Virginia Tech October 11, Tennessee October 18 and Georgia Tech November 2.
IIrc, the last CB was to Clemson. But, I agree, UT is getting my dream class in '20. Three 5-stars, almost interchangeable 6-4 - 6'6, guys and the prototypical stretch 4, with a mean streak that will rebound while playing defense (Hall, obviously). As good as the '20 class is overall, they seem to all specialize in defense. Barnes recruits to his coaching strengths, as good as anybody

I know Hall has a family connection at Florida. I think there's a coaching connection at VA Tech, like his dad played for the VA Tech coach or something like that. I think the Hokies are the competition here since Florida may be out of it.

UT has no crystal balls for Hall.

Give me Cardwell every day and Ill beat you every time.
And...? A month ago, Tennessee "had no crystal balls" for Jaden Springer, too.

We get it, you have an irrational, and so far, unwarranted and unexplainable dislike for PJ Hall. Thanks for taking every opportunity that presents itself to remind us all.

I know Hall has a family connection at Florida. I think there's a coaching connection at VA Tech, like his dad played for the VA Tech coach or something like that. I think the Hokies are the competition here since Florida may be out of it.
I don't know that UF is out of it, necessarily, but I do think Clemson may be a bigger threat than originally believed. Anna Hickey, Clemson's 247 reporter (Tennessee's equivalent to Ryan Callahan, both in position and in risk-averse predictions) put in a crystal ball for Hall to Clemson. Usually, she is not one to do so without feeling pretty confident.

I think Tennessee, Florida, and Clemson are probably the leaders among his top 3, then VT, with GT seemingly a hat on the table. JMO.

Reactions: sport3500
I don't know that UF is out of it, necessarily, but I do think Clemson may be a bigger threat than originally believed. Anna Hickey, Clemson's 247 reporter (Tennessee's equivalent to Ryan Callahan, both in position and in risk-averse predictions) put in a crystal ball for Hall to Clemson. Usually, she is not one to do so without feeling pretty confident.

I think Tennessee, Florida, and Clemson are probably the leaders among his top 3, then VT, with GT seemingly a hat on the table. JMO.

It definitely feels like GT is 5th, other than that not sure what to say...I do like the fact he has visited Clemson and Florida and remains uncommitted, that’s a decent sign.

As for Hickey, she is at 85% so I’m not sure I would take that to the bank...my guess would be that he had a good visit and she tried to be first (extra points) on the Clemson pick, not to say he definitely isn’t going there, I just don’t think it’s close to a done deal.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not GT remains a candidate given that it was just slapped with numerous NCAA sanctions. Pastner's future as the HC looks bleak.

It definitely feels like GT is 5th, other than that not sure what to say...I do like the fact he has visited Clemson and Florida and remains uncommitted, that’s a decent sign.

As for Hickey, she is at 85% so I’m not sure I would take that to the bank...my guess would be that he had a good visit and she tried to be first (extra points) on the Clemson pick, not to say he definitely isn’t going there, I just don’t think it’s close to a done deal.
I'm not saying Hickey is infallible, but like Callahan, she is rather risk-averse with her CB picks. 85% across 130+ predictions is a pretty good track record of consistency.

You could be right in that perhaps she simply tried to be the first, but that would seemingly be out of character. It is interesting that she is the only one to put in a Clemson CB, which is very un-Callahan like.

I do think it is a good sign that Hall, at least remains uncommitted despite having visited the two schools I would consider to be our biggest threats. I said it before, and VQ later floated the idea, themselves, but I won't be surprised if the GT visit never happens, and instead, Hall makes a decision following the Tennessee visit. I said that well before the NCAA sanctions were handed down to GT, so I feel even stronger about it, now.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not GT remains a candidate given that it was just slapped with numerous NCAA sanctions. Pastner's future as the HC looks bleak.
Speaking of sanctions, I just don't understand what happened with all the LSU allegations, etc. Are they not going to get into big trouble? Where are they with all this?

Speaking of sanctions, I just don't understand what happened with all the LSU allegations, etc. Are they not going to get into big trouble? Where are they with all this?

My guess is that LSU and Arizona are next on the NCAA's target list since they just slapped Kansas with their Notice of Allegations.

Having said that, I don't think we'll see the ramifications any time soon.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back