2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Madison Hayes officially to MSU that puts them at 14 players for next year without anyone up and randomly leaving 😏

Who will be #15 The center from HH or Treasure? They even have Sara Andrews still in play interesting to see who if any chooses MSU and to see if anybody else up and leaves soon ...

Congrats to her best of luck!

Madison Hayes officially to MSU that puts them at 14 players for next year without anyone up and randomly leaving 😏

Who will be #15 The center from HH or Treasure? They even have Sara Andrews still in play interesting to see who if any chooses MSU and to see if anybody else up and leaves soon ...

Treasure and Hayes have been friends since early childhood...... kamilla to Miss.St.??? When Uconn needs bigs ? Going to get interesting..... 🤷‍♂️
Time to take someone else off of our list !

Who wants to go to a team with FIFTEEN players ??? You can only play five while ten sit and watch ! Just saying

Hoopgurlz shows them after Sarah Andrews or Treasure! Somebody better sign in a hurry!

Last edited:
Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

Vic keeps recruiting OVER players who have already signed !!! Starting to act like some of the other sleazy coaches ! Just offer everyone a scholarship and run off the ones you don’t want ! JMO

My guess who’s leaving ..... Jamya Young 5’7” La. #97 ..... We will see ?

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Vic keeps recruiting OVER players who have already signed !!! Starting to act like some of the other sleazy coaches ! Just offer everyone a scholarship and run off the ones you don’t want ! JMO
He has always kept a pretty large roster. Among elite teams, he chases a lot of 3* and 4* that teams like Tennessee, UConn, South Carolina, Baylor, etc. don’t go after, so he lands a lot of them. He hasn’t run off any players to my knowledge yet, but overcrowding is definitely something that could happen, and often does happen with rosters of 15.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
He has always kept a pretty large roster. Among elite teams, he chases a lot of 3* and 4* that teams like Tennessee, UConn, South Carolina, Baylor, etc. don’t go after, so he lands a lot of them. He hasn’t run off any players to my knowledge yet, but overcrowding is definitely something that could happen, and often does happen with rosters of 15.

There were a couple last year that just upped and left and then all of a sudden he signed a large class and some transfers ...

Reactions: NoBackBoard
There were a couple last year that just upped and left and then all of a sudden he signed a large class and some transfers ...

Do you know the story of (Esmeria Martinez ) from HH ! She signed with Miss. State then went to Texas and ended up at West Virginia before she ever took one class ?

Do you know the story of (Esmeria Martinez ) from HH ! She signed with Miss. State then went to Texas and ended up at West Virginia before she ever took one class ?

Yup I was just reading something on her the other day. She went to 3 very different programs and 3 very different areas 😂

Yup I was just reading something on her the other day. She went to 3 very different programs and 3 very different areas 😂

Martinez was signed and then they signed Sidney Cooks a junior transfer right after basically making her a bench warmer for life or leave.... which she did ..... just saying

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I’m pretty sure it was issues with her agency, FDM Athletics. Martinez is really, really talented - I don’t think Cooks would have out her on the bench. Martinez totally outplayed Reese in one of their games last year. I was so impressed with her.

Their 5* post Daphane White didn’t qualify academically.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mingo-Young go, though she is very good, but her other offers were Tulane and UALR.

Tennessee also loses Jaiden McCoy with KK and Davis. There will be no true high post player. Burrell will be the only wing, and I think she's better served as a backup. I think the biggest need for Tennessee is a solid shooting guard and both an elite wing and power forward. Saunders/Key is fine for the low post, but I'm not convinced that you can play both of them on the court at the same time.
Jaiden has at least 2 years to play

I understand that this new coach and staff got
In late on the 2020 class! But considering the way our program has deteriorated the last few years ..... I will gladly take this situation and be excited about the potential that’s now before us ! Kelly came on and had to re recruit this whole team .... So she could not get them all . I think EW was gone before the season was even over ! You could just tell her heart wasn’t in it any more ! JMO
But Kelly kept a good nucleus and kept all of the commitments for this year to still come ! She got a Junior College player (McCoy ) and a foreign player to sign on .... This is going to be the start of something good ! JMO
I love the recruiting process! Who do we like ? Who likes us ? Have you read the other threads of future players that our coaches are going to their schools to watch them play ? I am sure Holly and them visited schools but I never heard about it .... It seems like every week I add another recruit to my list as I hear that our coaches are watching other players in their high school gyms. Believe me this helps in letting players know we are interested in them ! I was a player .... I got some visits .... You remember...... FOREVER![/QUO

Last edited:

My guess who’s leaving ..... Jamya Young 5’7” La. #97 ..... We will see ?

If you want to win then you recruit every talented player you can and let them fight for spots. Let the cream rise to the top, and other teams can take the castoffs.

UT does it exactly backwards. We recruit a few players and then run off the most talented ones like Diamond, Westbrook etc... And having fewer players has done exactly bupkis for lessening tension between the players and building cohesion.

All of this is a losing recipe and it is why we are big fat losers. We need to stop rationalizing our failures and be honest about what ails us. And towards that end, Kellie can't afford to strike out in this, or any other class. She has to get top talent. No one gets a mulligan. No one waits for you to catch up. No one is interested in excuses.

You have to recruit, and perform at a high level on the court at all times. That is the only way to be champions.

Reactions: Amb3096 and olddog
If you want to win then you recruit every talented player you can and let them fight for spots. Let the cream rise to the top, and other teams can take the castoffs.

UT does it exactly backwards. We recruit a few players and then run off the most talented ones like Diamond, Westbrook etc... And having fewer players has done exactly bupkis for lessening tension between the players and building cohesion.

All of this is a losing recipe and it is why we are big fat losers. We need to stop rationalizing our failures and be honest about what ails us. And towards that end, Kellie can't afford to strike out in this, or any other class. She has to get top talent. No one gets a mulligan. No one waits for you to catch up. No one is interested in excuses.

You have to recruit, and perform at a high level on the court at all times. That is the only way to be champions.

Nobody chased DD off she chose to leave because she herself in the espn article said she was a pro playing college basketball for free because she had gotten her degree.

Chasing people off for cohesion purposes ? Westbrook left because she didn’t like the way things were going she didn’t get chased off and when she was reprimanded it was for missing classes and not upholding her part of being a student athlete. Still wish her the best but I didn’t see anybody chasing her off and matter of fact she met with CKHJ on occasions to see if they could get her to stay when Kellie asked her to make a decision she chose UConn and in having that convo Kellie Put TN first.

Even when you look at A. Hayes situation that was above the basketball team and that was seemingly a university decision and probably mutual on both parts.

About recruiting your right no one waits for you to recruit even Geno didn’t have a great class last year but he was able to plug the holes through other methods and even got some really good transfers. So missing out on a high school prospect doesn’t mean the end ask Geno about getting Westbrook someone who can come in and play and has experience. Now if 21’ class turns out to be like this it may be a problem but in all reality relationships for this class had been established for 2-3 years before and this staff was still able to get in on some of the best prospects to get them to consider.

I also agree about the losing mentality which is why I’m glad CKHJ seems to be changing the culture. She also didn’t seem scared to bench people when she wasn’t happy with their play overseas. That was something CHW seemed to have trouble with.

Last edited:
Nobody chased DD off she chose to leave because she herself in the espn article said she was a pro playing college basketball for free because she had gotten her degree.

Chasing people off for cohesion purposes ? Westbrook left because she didn’t like the way things were going she didn’t get chased off and when she was reprimanded it was for missing classes and not upholding her part of being a student athlete. Still wish her the best but I didn’t see anybody chasing her off and matter of fact she met with CKHJ on occasions to see if they could get her to stay when Kellie asked her to make a decision she chose UConn and in having that convo Kellie Put TN first.

Even when you look at A. Hayes situation that was above the basketball team and that was seemingly a university decision and probably mutual on both parts.

About recruiting your right no one waits for you to recruit even Geno didn’t have a great class last year but he was able to plug the holes through other methods and even got some really good transfers. So missing out on a high school prospect doesn’t mean the end ask Geno about getting Westbrook someone who can come in and play and has experience. Now if 21’ class turns out to be like this it may be a problem but in all reality relationships for this class had been established for 2-3 years before and this staff was still able to get in on some of the best prospects to get them to consider.

I also agree about the losing mentality which is why I’m glad CKHJ seems to be changing the culture!
9057B828-3543-459C-AB4D-15E9A9DDF5B4.jpeg

She is getting a lot of offers had a triple double over the summer 18 points 11 rebounds and 11 assists. Holds offers from West Virginia, Illinois, Texas Tech. and Georgia Tech. I'd like to know what kind of shooter she is and will if she shows any interest in Tennessee. Greenfield only 20 miles away from me so may take in a game or two if we become a factor in her recruiting.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
She is getting a lot of offers had a triple double over the summer 18 points 11 rebounds and 11 assists. Holds offers from West Virginia, Illinois, Texas Tech. and Georgia Tech. I'd like to know what kind of shooter she is and will if she shows any interest in Tennessee. Greenfield only 20 miles away from me so may take in a game or two if we become a factor in her recruiting.
She shoots 39% from 3

http://krossover.clipro.tv/Player/Player2.aspx?videoUserId=19471

You are speaking of the CHW era, .... . the CKJH era has yet to begin
Give it time
I believe in Coach Kellie,,,right from the gitgo
She played for Pat in Pat's peak,,,I think she learned something
And I can't wait to see if it transpires on my court,,,,errr,,,her court

Other athletes have stayed behind to lead their BB Sisters/brothers to a title shot....However, it isn't up to the player to inspire the coach, ,,, The player wants to play,,,maybe lead a little on the court, but for the most part just play and do their job. DD, like Evina was in a no win. . . DD would have jeopardized a definite pro career to come back to what many were calling a "train wreck"....And if Evina stayed,,if at any point, this upcoming season things began to sour, Evina would have undoubtedly go from a potential "GOAT" to a definite goat....I wouldn't take that chance either.

Do I condone Jumpers,,,NO...but are their circumstances that warrant it?
Maybe.

I also agree about the losing mentality which is why I’m glad CKHJ seems to be changing the culture. She also didn’t seem scared to bench people when she wasn’t happy with their play overseas. That was something CHW seemed to have trouble with.[/QUOTE]

This we can definitely agree on

We agreed on my first point too... nobody chased her off she made the best decision for her and I don’t blame her but no one told her not to come back! Both (DD and EW) left for their own reasons but the reason was never SOMEONE else chasing them off. Whether they liked the direction or not was up to them and again I don’t blame them but no one said leave like A. Hayes who had no choice in the matter do to her own actions.

VN Store

Back