TOS Reporting 3 players likely to enter transfer portal

The transfer portal has changed the game for sure. I’m all for it but maybe allow for Some kind of replacement scholarship for those leaving? I don’t know, then you would have coaches trying to pick up guys in the portal and drop current guys not cutting it.
Remember the good old days when you could recruit a lot of players? I think Majors recruited 100 one year and got some great ones like Dorsett and Hugh Green. A NC at Pitt. Who would think that was possible?

Reactions: bigdaddy
Exactly. Like a husband and wife fight. Don’t get involved as an outsider or they’ll both turn on ya......lol
Maybe not husband and wife,,,, but most likely brother on brother or sister on sister will get your as- handed to you and then they will take up where they left off.

This is the kind of situation where I wish these media types would keep their mouth shut. Until the kids enter the transfer portal, or say something publicly about doing it, then someone in media has no business putting it out there.

The same media types,, including this particular person, claim to have inside sources at the school who say that Pruitt is making everyone miserable. They claim that he has created a culture where the assistant coaches and players are fed up and want to bail.

So, we can't just assume this is coach Pruitt knowing what he's doing and culling the ones who aren't right for the program. it could be that he is wrecking the program from the inside out and people are leaving because they're miserable. We just don't know so we can't celebrate.
Everyone needs to understand that our competitors are using the press,(media), this very forum even, to simply undermine UT's effort to get the football program back on track. They want UT to look as bad as possible because they stand to gain by doing so. There's not but one reality and that is we got to rebuild this thing from almost scratch and it's going to take awhile to accomplish that. I do realize that we may not have the glamour type coach many would like but I feel he's pretty knowledgeable of the game and establishes good relationships with players and is capable of getting good players to this school. That's step 1.....then they have to get in decent condition to perform at this level and learn this system. There are plenty of other threads relating to our QB performance this year and lack therof and I think in the least this took many of us by surprise. I hope in the future that mistake is never made again. We need to retain 2-3 capable QB's on this roster at all times.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Well, it does pair with what people (Swain) have been saying about a group of jrs who werent buying in and were a cancer on the team. if we are clambering to get rid of dead wood, it is the type of housecleaning that needs to happen. Plus the 2 gone earlier. Guess JP was hoping he could ride it out this year and see if any would at least help get the next batch of incoming talent time to train up. Guess not.

Agree. Best to them wherever they end up.

This is where I am too. We have a hallway full of trophies coaching our team, they didn’t suddenly forget how to coach.

They don’t have the Jimmies and Joes, plain and simple.
I totally agree with you. Saying that, I wonder if Joshua Dobbs would have lost those first 2 games. Given everything was the same, I believe he would have found a way to win them both. Here then ,in my opinion, is a lot of the problem we are facing today.

I find it very hard to believe that a whole group of proven winners and coaches can’t coach a lick.

Exactly. Even for those who want to fire Pruitt, how would Pruitt affect the offense? The offense is Chaney's and Chaney didn't just suddenly forget how to coach an offense.

Reactions: Gandalf
How is it a coach from a 9 year old, little program, with a handful of players, none of which were recruited by SEC teams, can COACH his guys up, inspire his team, and come to Knoxville and kick UT's Ass? The quality of our coaching staff, is the cancer, players can be coached, if we had a coach.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Sounds like you are butthurt that kids have the opportunity to pursue other opportunities that they feel is better for them.
No. Sounds like he is talking about a problem with kids this day and time as they relate to kids before the draft was dropped. Not saying the draft was right or wrong, but having lived on both times, kids now a days sure seem to have less toughness and discipline than their elders. Bye the way, when I was a kid the older folks had the same thing to say about us. But they went through the 30's and WWII and Korea so I give them a pass. Wonder what these youngsters will have to give us a pass when they "mature".

We see things a bit differently, but good or bad, it’s certainly not a good look for Tennessee right now.

How many of those players have made an impact? Or should I say a positive impact on the field? I believe it’s addition by subtraction. Let’s fill those spots with an upgrade in talent, but more importantly, heart.

You are crazy! It is a good look. It means CJP is continuing to GET RID of the PLAYERS NOT GIVING THEIR ALL FOR TN. If they can't give 100% exactly as asked, they need to hit the curb!!!
Or, he’s alienating players he didn’t recruit.
Hopefully it’s what you say.

No. Sounds like he is talking about a problem with kids this day and time as they relate to kids before the draft was dropped. Not saying the draft was right or wrong, but having lived on both times, kids now a days sure seem to have less toughness and discipline than their elders. Bye the way, when I was a kid the older folks had the same thing to say about us. But they went through the 30's and WWII and Korea so I give them a pass. Wonder what these youngsters will have to give us a pass when they "mature".
WTF does the draft have to do with a player being able to transfer to another program without the current program holding them hostage?

They are leaving for playing time because they cant get on the field, but yeah lets act like it's the same situation.

Most of the time I tend to agree with what you say, may not like it, but tend to agree... However, in the last few weeks you seem to be constantly looking for an argument about any and everything. Lighten up.

It does make sense. Again I'll compare players leaving to a divorce.

it's a bad look. Lots of questions, lots of explaining, some mud slinging, both parties have contracts that ain't easy or painless to get out of, which indicates something somewhere, is going bad in the worst way to justify such a move. It's 's kind of embarrassing, to all parties involved, even if you aren't at fault personally.

It's Just a bad look, and sure it's happening more and more these days, but still...

...Its just a bad look, trouble in paradise, what went wrong?

I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

I have never seen a one sided divorce. The cause is usually somewhere in the middle ground, both side are right and wrong. Things just don't work between the two sides. Just like football's new "divorce rule" i.e. transfer portal.

VN Store

Back