"UT Football is 5x worse than you think it is."

JG said in his post game presser that they were confused by GA ST defense.....GA ST....imagine what good coaches with good talent will do?

Heard Kirby is encouraging ALL his recruits that can make it go to the Tennessee vs Georgia game.

That should tell you all you need to know about what is about to happen in two weeks.

He is going to get a ton of high school kids there. Then massacre our team in front of them so they will all run back to their high schools and brag about how awesome Georgia is and how garbage Tennessee is. He wants to destroy our program as much as possible. Keeps the eastern division nice and open for him.

The other aspect from this where I would agree with Oliver is that I don’t think anyone thought that 2019 and 2020 would be done 4 games into the 2019 season.

But, I’m afraid the writing is on the wall for the 2020 season. A bowl game next season would be semi-miraculous.

What he said is true and somewhat forgivable if it was year one. It’s year 2, and what we’re seeing on the field is regression from year one. Not the players fault. That’s ALL coaching incompetence led by a career coordinator way in over his head.
What was said about Jarrett Guarantano is true. I thought for sure we would see some improvement from him this year under Chaney. Every QB he has worked with showed immediate improvement, most notably Crompton in 2009. I don't think Guarantano's regression from the below average QB he already was, is on the coaching staff... continuing to play him is.

Heard Kirby is encouraging ALL his recruits that can make it go to the Tennessee vs Georgia game.

That should tell you all you need to know about what is about to happen in two weeks.

He is going to get a ton of high school kids there. Then massacre our team in front of them so they will all run back to their high schools and brag about how awesome Georgia is and how garbage Tennessee is. He wants to destroy our program as much as possible. Keeps the eastern division nice and open for him.
Dont blame him. If I were him id score 70 on us....might help us out.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

Kirby has been out recruiting TN since he stepped on the GA campus, that won't change anytime soon.

Reactions: 08Vol
What was said about Jarrett Guarantano is true. I thought for sure we would see some improvement from him this year under Chaney. Every QB he has worked with showed immediate improvement, most notably Crompton in 2009. I don't think Guarantano's regression from the below average QB he already was, is on the coaching staff... continuing to play him is.
Crompton improved under kiffin.

The other aspect from this where I would agree with Oliver is that I don’t think anyone thought that 2019 and 2020 would be done 4 games into the 2019 season.

But, I’m afraid the writing is on the wall for the 2020 season. A bowl game next season would be semi-miraculous.
You're afraid? No, you are gloating and reveling in another fan base's disappointment and discontent. It's snarky and petty. Wouldn't you rather discuss your own team on a Florida fan site?

Dont blame him. If I were him id score 70 on us....might help us out.

Exactly.

Hey, that’s Kirbys job. He was hired to win football games.

He does just that.

Too bad Tennessee isn’t in the business of hiring football coaches. We run a coach training program over here. We rotate trainees in like interns every few years. Give them a nice financial nest egg to start their career with.

Yep, and next year we will have fans saying shouldnt expect any improvement until year 4 at a minimum, no coach could win here in four years, butch soemthing, dooley something, the man can coach give him time to recruit blah blah blah.

Kirby has been out recruiting TN since he stepped on the GA campus, that won't change anytime soon.

Oh I know. He’s about to make absolutely sure we won’t ever change that LOL.

Dudes about to walk into Athens-stadium-North and stick a wooden stake into the heart of this program in two weeks. It’s gonna be BADDDDDDD.

Forgive me if you already knew this, but we get the honor of travelling to Norman, OK next year for game 2. We are looking down the barrel of 4 losses with another 4 games which could go either way even if we are improved over this year. There is very little margin for error next year to reach a bowl. We certainly cannot have another coaching malpractice debacle and not prepare for our opener again.

Oh I know. He’s about to make absolutely sure we won’t ever change that LOL.

Dudes about to walk into Athens-stadium-North and stick a wooden stake into the heart of this program in two weeks. It’s gonna be BADDDDDDD.
A buddy just stopped by and said he has tickets to this game, usc and one other and asked if I wanted to buy them, face value.....haha, with a hotel and gas included in the price....maybe. Sad, I remember going any chance I could.

Jim Chaney was the Offensive Coordinator and the QB coach in 2009. Unless you were at practice, you really don't know who deserves credit for Crompton's improved play... it would be fair to credit both, I suppose.
K, well ive seen tremdous offensive improvement when kiffen has been a coordinator somewhere. Chaney has been good as well, but not like Kiffen.

Reactions: OG.V83
So, the exact opposite of Josh Dobbs. Butch always said Dobbs didn’t practice well. This team would be at least 3-1 with Dobbs and I would not have bet against them with him at Fla. We need a qb like Dobbs or Casey Clausen. Play the kids.
It isn't a coincidence that Dobbs's best attribute (his improvised scrambling) is something that can't be coached.

Well, we still have 8 games left so if you were to ask me Id say at least wait until you don't need to assume anymore.

But if you don't want to do that, go ahead and fire him, I'm sick of hearing all the whiners crying about him. Fire him and let Phil bring in another pos coach everyone can cry about.

Start the process all over again. Some will get all butthurt and tell us all "I'm out", only to show up a year and a half later to start crying about this failure of a coach and the administration bargain bin shopping for coaches and want to fire him and hire another one, and, Lol, I swear I blow snot bubbles typing this...they say " give me one good reason you want to give this guy more than 16 games?"

Then we can fire him and....well, you all know the rest.

Are you trying to tell us something? Is this a cry for help?

I’m here for you Behr.

Not wanting to get into an intellectual fight with a Barner (well, I could, but it's akin to clubbing baby seals) but history did not begin in 2005. Majors' first two years were 4-7 and 5-5-1. Took him four seasons to get to the Bluebonnet Bowl. 1963, 5-5. Dickey's first year was a disaster. Then if you want to go way back, in the early years the Vols lost to several high school teams. This ain't the worst by a long shot.

Reactions: Tin Man and kcvols1
Don't know what kind of kid JG is. Last year he got smacked around alot. It's like being on the shooting range, popping paper targets 7 yards away while standing straight up. Most can do that. But get into an active shooter situation, an adrenaline dump, poop your britches deal, and most would look like JG on 3rd and 13. The D has been seen out of position on occasion.

Not trying to belittle you or your past, but tell us your personal qualifications to describe an active shooter situation.

A buddy just stopped by and said he has tickets to this game, usc and one other and asked if I wanted to buy them, face value.....haha, with a hotel and gas included in the price....maybe. Sad, I remember going any chance I could.

I feel ya on that one.

I live 3 hours from Knoxville. After that Oklahoma game in 2015.

I’m not going back until we hire a legitimate head coach. Period. I have 3 kids. I would rather take that money and instead of tossing it into a garbage can basically by going to a game in Neyland, I would rather take my kids to the beach for the weekend or something.

VN Store

Back