You don’t want Mike Leach and here’s why

I prefer stopping this rotating door at HC at Tennessee. Is Pruitt the guy? I don’t know yet but I know his kids are playing a lot better and wanting to win. The upperclassmen aren’t committing to win or their ceiling is just short of expectations. It’s not Pruitts fault a lot of the roster was recruited on Stars over ability. I’d sure like to give him more time and see where we are rather than take on the idea of hoping we get it right and dealing with Bing Mcgoogle nxt year. The fat cats aren’t going to approve any hire mentioned on this board and deep down we all know it

Yes yes and yes. You nailed it.

Reactions: tbones0711
Mike Leaches team had 6 turn overs and allowed a horribly coached Chip Kelly team to come back from being down 32 points at the half.

Let that sink in. 32 POINTS AT THE HALF.

Coach Mike Leach’s team then lost 67-63.
This man can’t coach defense.

Defense wins championships. I’m assuming the desired goal of every volnation fan is to 1 win games and 2 start winning championships again. Well you can’t win either (at least as consistently as we wish) without a defense.

Please sit down and stop suggesting Tennessee hire this guy. Because 2 years after he coaches here and he makes us pay him millions to make up for the embarrassment the first time around you’ll be calling for his head too. Funny how people play fast and loose with money that’s not theirs. “Fire this guy! Hire that guy!” “Sure it’ll put us in debt another 25 million plus, to pay for them and their staffs buyout while simultaneously paying for the new head coach and their staff but do it! I can’t go to work and get made fun of anymore. It hurts! FAHHHRRRRR BUTCH, I MEAN PRUUIIIIOTTTTTT”

We get beat by Chatt state and someone sucks when their QB throws 9 td's in a loss? Please.

I prefer stopping this rotating door at HC at Tennessee. Is Pruitt the guy? I don’t know yet but I know his kids are playing a lot better and wanting to win. The upperclassmen aren’t committing to win or their ceiling is just short of expectations. It’s not Pruitts fault a lot of the roster was recruited on Stars over ability. I’d sure like to give him more time and see where we are rather than take on the idea of hoping we get it right and dealing with Bing Mcgoogle nxt year. The fat cats aren’t going to approve any hire mentioned on this board and deep down we all know it

Wait what? I thought stars equal abilities?
So what is the point of the star ratings then?

Reactions: AM64
Be completely honest and sincere here. Are you saying that you prefer Pruitt over Leach? Honestly?

From what I understand Pruitt has never been a head coach at any level of football. Whereas Leach set offensive records at Kentucky of all places and then went on to do far better at Texas Tech and Washington State as head coach than anyone imagined.

Leach may not be the best coach ever and may not have won national championships here but I’m very confident we would have been much more competitive and had much more fun than we’re having with Pruitt.

Bolded above- sadly a lot of fans are unaware of this. And the idea that he just doesn’t want to play defense is ridiculous. At some of these places he doesn’t have the talent.

Right now it would be nice to play at least one aspect of the game well. We do neither.

Reactions: West Coast Vol
And? It’s still very impressive what he’s been able to do.

No it’s not! It’s not football! It’s where guys like Gardner Minchu (QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars) or however you spell his last name, go to get their stats to make the NFL. That’s it.
Why go into every season knowing you have a glaring Achilles heel (your putrid defense) and you never fix it therefore you get the same result. That is literally the definition of insanity.

No it’s not! It’s not football! It’s where guys like Gardner Minchu (QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars) or however you spell his last name, go to get their stats to make the NFL. That’s it.
Why go into every season knowing you have a glaring Achilles heel (your putrid defense) and you never fix it therefore you get the same result. That is literally the definition of insanity.
You honestly don’t think he would hire a top notch DC if he ever came here?

Yeah I hear you on the financial implications of a new coach, but this thread was about whether Leach would be a good coach here and I really believe he would have been infinitely better than Pruitt.

Pruitt has been indescribably, unarguably awful. Terrible. You cannot lose to Ga St after having all offseason to prepare. Would not have happened under Leach.

I don’t like the revolving door either, but I have 0 confidence that anything sustainably good or positive is going to happen under Pruitt no matter how long we wait.

Your right, how about hiring a defensive coach let’s say like Pruitt, that should solve the problem and let’s field a defense that will just shut down GA state....

So let’s never have a let down game again. Heaven forbid that happen. We live in the past more and more it seems.

The more I read the more it sounds like some of y’all are at Calhoun’s talking like 98 just happened yesterday

Reactions: AM64 and Volanta
Leach would do fine here with the resources available to him. He might not win championships but he would be good for 8-10 wins a year and upset somebody he shouldn’t. That is light years from where we are now.

Think about it, combine this year’s defense with half the production of WSUs offense and we are probably sitting at 4-0.

Some of y’all are crazy.

You honestly don’t think he would hire a top notch DC if he ever came here?

No use in arguing with Leach haters I've learned that going to bat for him since the coaching search. Grinch was a heck of a defensive coach for him and it shows by Ohio State and now OU hiring Grinch.

Y’all would call for leaches head so quick it wouldn’t be funny.

This is what volnation would look like:

“yeah we can score on anyone but we got no defense. Alabubba just runs on us and eats clock. Why can’t Leach cruit some defense? We need a defensive minded coach.”

Reactions: AM64

So why doesn’t that qb walk on let’s day at Miami/uga/LSU and lead them to those stats. Your argument makes no sense

So let’s never have a let down game again. Heaven forbid that happen. We live in the past more and more it seems.

The more I read the more it sounds like some of y’all are at Calhoun’s talking like 98 just happened yesterday

Ga state is a bad game?
I don't even know when to begin here ....

Because his QB is clueless and when the offensive line finally gets it together he over throws Wood Anderson. And when he finally makes a good read our best player thus far (Juan Jennings) bats the ball in the air. Bc the qb can’t pump fake and gets balls swatted in the air.....what else princess?
Hahahahahaha

Georgia State is solely on JG now.??

You coach worshippers amaze me daily. Amd thanks for the laugh.

But that’s the thing....they have lost games. Big ones. Ones with championship implications. So my point stands. Defense win championships! It’s not hard.
Is holding the opposing team to 30 points good defense? That lack of d and they still go 11-1 every year and make the playoffs. Even Saban knew the days of handing it off 40 times and playing def are over

Reactions: DeansRedHalo
Y’all would call for leaches head so quick it wouldn’t be funny.

This is what volnation would look like:

“yeah we can score on anyone but we got no defense. Alabubba just runs on us and eats clock. Why can’t Leach cruit some defense? We need a defensive minded coach.”

I don’t expect him to beat Bama and UGA right out of the gate. But I bet he could beat Florida and BYU and blown out GSU.

Yeah I hear you on the financial implications of a new coach, but this thread was about whether Leach would be a good coach here and I really believe he would have been infinitely better than Pruitt.

Pruitt has been indescribably, unarguably awful. Terrible. You cannot lose to Ga St after having all offseason to prepare. Would not have happened under Leach.

I don’t like the revolving door either, but I have 0 confidence that anything sustainably good or positive is going to happen under Pruitt no matter how long we wait.

It’s fine to think that way but let’s say we fire him, pay all the buyouts, and start looking.

Who’s to say Fulmer won’t hire a subpar guy because he can’t stomach someone being better than him at his University?

Who’s to say the fat cats won’t hire Bing McGoogle? Hell they wanted a man who at OSU with more talent fielded the worst Defense in years

And above all else where’s the money coming from?

Reactions: Volanta

VN Store

Back