You don’t want Mike Leach and here’s why

All the Pruitt supporters please answer this

Which players have improved from last year on this team? What strides have been made?

Yea ok. Just like people swore the Oregon Offense would run LSU off the field?

They’d stop the offense and if they didn’t they’d be worn out by half.

It’s amazing that there’s this perfect savior cloud around Leach that if hired he’d never lose.

When we know good and well at the first sliver of adversity y’all would be screaming from the smokies fire Leach now!
I love the way you think! Finally someone with some sense!

Please tell me how many points Pruitt scored yesterday?
The talent Pruitt has vs leach is laughable.
Leach would have a top 25 team at UT in his second year

Not giving up 30+ in a half.
His offense works because they don’t play good defense period.
Stop putting some bubble around him.
It wouldn’t work in today’s SEC and the only places it works is in conferences were Defense is an afterthought

Reactions: AM64 and Volanta
And lost. That’s not a problem to you? Let me ask you who exactly doesn’t that help for him to have those stats and is still lose? Him and only him.
It is quite obvious you didn't watch the game...There were a lot of turnovers and UCLA made some unbelievable plays..Kudos to them...UCLA also had 2 kick returns for tds...It doesn't happen very often...Leach has had solid defenses while at WSU...Last night was just a very bad night...It happens...I'll take him as head coach ANYDAY.

It’s amazing that there’s this perfect savior cloud around Leach that if hired he’d never lose.

When we know good and well at the first sliver of adversity y’all would be screaming from the smokies fire Leach now!
Who has ever said he wouldn’t lose here? This **** show is going to take some time to fix. At least he has experience doing so... Texas tech and Washington state.

It is quite obvious you didn't watch the game...There were a lot of turnovers and UCLA made some unbelievable plays..Kudos to them...UCLA also had 2 kick returns for tds...It doesn't happen very often...Leach has had solid defenses while at WSU...Last night was just a very bad night...It happens...I'll take him as head coach ANYDAY.
Ok

Mike Leaches team had 6 turn overs and allowed a horribly coached Chip Kelly team to come back from being down 32 points at the half.

Let that sink in. 32 POINTS AT THE HALF.

Coach Mike Leach’s team then lost 67-63.
This man can’t coach defense.

Defense wins championships. I’m assuming the desired goal of every volnation fan is to 1 win games and 2 start winning championships again. Well you can’t win either (at least as consistently as we wish) without a defense.

Please sit down and stop suggesting Tennessee hire this guy. Because 2 years after he coaches here and he makes us pay him millions to make up for the embarrassment the first time around you’ll be calling for his head too. Funny how people play fast and loose with money that’s not theirs. “Fire this guy! Hire that guy!” “Sure it’ll put us in debt another 25 million plus, to pay for them and their staffs buyout while simultaneously paying for the new head coach and their staff but do it! I can’t go to work and get made fun of anymore. It hurts! FAHHHRRRRR BUTCH, I MEAN PRUUIIIIOTTTTTT”
Right now I would settle with not being embarrassed by mediocre competition.

Reactions: chef3531
Not giving up 30+ in a half.
His offense works because they don’t play good defense period.
Stop putting some bubble around him.
It wouldn’t work in today’s SEC and the only places it works is in conferences were Defense is an afterthought

Your acting like ever Sec team has a good defenses, that offense would work against
70% of the Sec teams....

Be completely honest and sincere here. Are you saying that you prefer Pruitt over Leach? Honestly?

From what I understand Pruitt has never been a head coach at any level of football. Whereas Leach set offensive records at Kentucky of all places and then went on to do far better at Texas Tech and Washington State as head coach than anyone imagined.

Leach may not be the best coach ever and may not have won national championships here but I’m very confident we would have been much more competitive and had much more fun than we’re having with Pruitt.

Who has ever said he wouldn’t lose here? This **** show is going to take some time to fix. At least he has experience doing so... Texas tech and Washington state.

That’s the picture most people paint of him. Like he’s footballs Jesus and when walks in the door he wins. When in reality the only places he’s won is weak conferences with little Defense.

And let’s not forget who he has a TT

Harrell and Crabtree.

Reactions: AM64 and Volanta
That’s the picture most people paint of him. Like he’s footballs Jesus and when walks in the door he wins. When in reality the only places he’s won is weak conferences with little Defense.

Harrell and Crabtree.

Yea those were 5 star recruits every Texas school wanted....

I agree on not wanting Leach but “defense wins championships” is no longer valid

How has “defense wins championships not being valid,” worked out for Oklahoma when the big game matters? What championships have they won since the college playoff?

Or has it been the defensive teams that end up winning it all? I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: tbones0711

Harrell and Crabtree.
He took Washington state from an absolute dumpster fire (as bad as Tennessee if not worse) to where they contend for the conference title.

Be completely honest and sincere here. Are you saying that you prefer Pruitt over Leach? Honestly?

From what I understand Pruitt has never been a head coach at any level of football. Whereas Leach set offensive records at Kentucky of all places and then went on to do far better at Texas Tech and Washington State as head coach than anyone imagined.

Leach may not be the best coach ever and may not have won national championships here but I’m very confident we would have been much more competitive and had much more fun than we’re having with Pruitt.

I prefer stopping this rotating door at HC at Tennessee. Is Pruitt the guy? I don’t know yet but I know his kids are playing a lot better and wanting to win. The upperclassmen aren’t committing to win or their ceiling is just short of expectations. It’s not Pruitts fault a lot of the roster was recruited on Stars over ability. I’d sure like to give him more time and see where we are rather than take on the idea of hoping we get it right and dealing with Bing Mcgoogle nxt year. The fat cats aren’t going to approve any hire mentioned on this board and deep down we all know it

How has “defense wins championships not being valid,” worked out for Oklahoma when the big game matters? What championships have they won since the college playoff?

Or has it been the defensive teams that end up winning it all? I’ll hang up and listen.

Your right, how about hiring a defensive coach let’s say like Pruitt, that should solve the problem and let’s field a defense that will just shut down GA state....

Reactions: chef3531

Their def has been terrible if their defense was just bad they would have at least one NC. They don’t need to hold anyone to 10 points if they could just hold someone to 30 they would never lose a game

Reactions: AM64
Their def has been terrible if their defense was just bad they would have at least one NC. They don’t need to hold anyone to 10 points if they could just hold someone to 30 they would never lose a game

But that’s the thing....they have lost games. Big ones. Ones with championship implications. So my point stands. Defense win championships! It’s not hard.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back