Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiffin sucks. His team was loaded here and should’ve won 9 games. Never mind the fact he failed at USC.

Yo real talk, I often don't always agree with Hank takes...but this was my feeling in 2009

Losing to UCLA at home before going to Florida deflated the Kiffin hype I had after the blow out of WKU. We also got blown out by Ole Miss & Virginia Tech that season, he did beat Georgia and everyone in the East except the Gators. But man, he inherited more talent than Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt and has been long claimed an "offensive genius" but 7-6 was all we managed.

Shoulda beat UCLA & Auburn...still blown away that we didn't even throw for 100 yards against the Bruins IN Neyland.

Good grief can we stop talking about other coaches. We have a coach. He isn't going anywhere, especially not this year. Kiffin is awful, he tanked this program. If he were so great he wouldn't be at FAU. Leach isn't coming here. And if he did, he wouldn't win here. This is Florida week. We are not having a coaching search. What the heck is wrong with you guys letting hank and Kingston take over this thread with this garbage talk?

I like Brohm but agree on Doeren. What I’m just pointing is out that those guys were theoretically safer hires and MAY prove to be better head coaches. But you’re right, that’s not a sure bet.
I like brohm too but I have cooled on him a lot. Seems to be spiraling down at Purdue.

I mean at that point leach had shown he wanted the job. Fulmer was the AD and running the search. He could’ve hired or at least interviewed him.
Nah, he got the AD position because the guys who could make that decision were so outraged that Currie tried to hire Leach. Fulmer wouldn’t have hired him anyway but Leach was off the board when he got the job.

I’m not sure they *should* matter but it’s obvious they do otherwise he’d have a better job than Washington State. It ain’t just Tennessee staying away from him. He wanted that Arkansas job too.

I agree. I’m just saying that’s just really dumb. ADs and team owners constantly screw
Searches up by worrying about things that don’t matter. Pete Carroll is a different personality too, so was urban Meyer.

It’s no different than us hiring Adam Gase because football people like Peyton Manning back him even tho he had proven to be ass.

Nah, he got the AD position because the guys who could make that decision were so outraged that Currie tried to hire Leach. Fulmer wouldn’t have hired him anyway but Leach was off the board when he got the job.
agree, but they wereren't outraged ONLY at the attempt to hire leach. it was the fact he'd gone rogue and attempted to hire ANYBODY..........lol.

but once the decision was made to axe currie, no way fulmer was going to go back to Currie's list.

Florida has 16 sacks.... 10 were against Miami, 5 were against UT Martin, 1 against KY. Wow... so scary! lol. They are so overrated its not even funny and their best DL might not even play.
Miami's o line is awwwwwful.

UK's is pretty good.

our's is probably somewhere in between the two.

david reese is the guy in that front 7 that ultimately scares me the most.....he had, what, 16 tackles against KY?

that guy's a dude.

As much as I really like Leach and hoped we ended up with him during the coaching search debacle. I've given it some more thought other than, he'd be cool in the presser and a few big plays. He wouldn't work out here, imo. The guy doesn't us TEs and barely uses RBs. Not to mention his defenses are.... Well he puts 11 guys out there. That wouldn't work in the SEC for long and recruiting would take a huge hit for years to come.

Agree with the lack of rushing plays. Disagree with your take on his defenses.

2019: 32nd allowing just 16 PPG
2018: 42nd allowing just 23.3 PPG
2017: 58th allowing just 25.8 PPG
2016: 50th allowing just 26.4 PPG

The first 4 seasons were a tad rougher since he was rebuilding from nothing at WSU, but once he got a bit better talent he's kept WSU in the top 60 defenses in the country. With next to no running game to shorten games, in a offensive happy PAC-12. I mean, I would have at least been willing to see what he could do. Just the natural talent boost of being UT & SEC, would have been interesting. He's never had the level of talent he could pull at UT in his career at TTU or WSU.

I wouldn’t say Currie got fired for trying to hire leach. That was like the 9th strike lol

Agree with the lack of rushing plays. Disagree with your take on his defenses.

2019: 32nd allowing just 16 PPG
2018: 42nd allowing just 23.3 PPG
2017: 58th allowing just 25.8 PPG
2016: 50th allowing just 26.4 PPG

The first 4 seasons were a tad rougher since he was rebuilding from nothing at WSU, but once he got a bit better talent he's kept WSU in the top 60 defenses in the country. With next to no running game to shorten games, in a offensive happy PAC-12. I mean, I would have at least been willing to see what he could do. Just the natural talent boost of being UT & SEC, would have been interesting. He's never had the level of talent he could pull at UT in his career at TTU or WSU.

I can admit to being giddy about the thought of seeing a big orange pirate flag on the Tennessee River. That's all I needed to get on board.

Honestly that Craig James issue is why Leach hasn't snagged a bigger gig.

Cause fans/boosters/admin alike would drum it up...Leach didn't take that sitting down either, it's pretty rare a coach goes after (and wins) lawsuit against a university over being fired.

UK's is pretty good.

david reese is the guy in that front 7 that ultimately scares me the most.....he had, what, 16 tackles against KY?

that guy's a dude.
I just think too much is being made of our OL verses their DL. I'm not saying our OL was great, it isn't. They are improved however. But Fl's DL isn't worth the hype they are getting imo.

But, it doesn't matter if JG stands in the pocket holding the ball and ignoring what's going on around him.

As much as I really like Leach and hoped we ended up with him during the coaching search debacle. I've given it some more thought other than, he'd be cool in the presser and a few big plays. He wouldn't work out here, imo. The guy doesn't us TEs and barely uses RBs. Not to mention his defenses are.... Well he puts 11 guys out there. That wouldn't work in the SEC for long and recruiting would take a huge hit for years to come.
All this! ^ Lots of fun and offensive innovation in a conference that snuffs it out.

Honestly that Craig James issue is why Leach hasn't snagged a bigger gig.

Cause fans/boosters/admin alike would drum it up...Leach didn't take that sitting down either, it's pretty rare a coach goes after (and wins) lawsuit against a university over being fired.
Well he went after them...at least.

I just think too much is being made of our OL verses their DL. I'm not saying our OL was great, it isn't. They are improved however. But Fl's DL isn't worth the hype they are getting imo.

But, it doesn't matter if JG stands in the pocket holding the ball and ignoring what's going on around him.
yup

I can admit to being giddy about the thought of seeing a big orange pirate flag on the Tennessee River. That's all I needed to get on board.

Here's what excited me the most about Leach.

He would ABSOLUTELY handle the joke that is our local media. Ya'll think Barnes is slick with the media, imagine Leach responding to the stupidity that Adams, Hyams, etc. fire out during Q&As. LOL he'd win the internet even if he went down in a blaze as the coach here.

agree, but they wereren't outraged ONLY at the attempt to hire leach. it was the fact he'd gone rogue and attempted to hire ANYBODY..........lol.

but once the decision was made to axe currie, no way fulmer was going to go back to Currie's list.
What’s interesting is we all trust Fulmer and his decision making (that was a big selling point for Pruitt) and his first choice was Doeren after Cutcliffe pointed him in that direction.

Good grief can we stop talking about other coaches. We have a coach. He isn't going anywhere, especially not this year. Kiffin is awful, he tanked this program. If he were so great he wouldn't be at FAU. Leach isn't coming here. And if he did, he wouldn't win here. This is Florida week. We are not having a coaching search. What the heck is wrong with you guys letting hank and Kingston take over this thread with this garbage talk?
Lol leach wouldn’t win here but he’s won at places much harder to win at than here. Sorry he’s not a good ol’ boy bawl coach

UK's is pretty good.

that guy's a dude.
Our offensive line is pretty good at run blocking. Don’t think they’re very good pass blocking although the sack numbers aren’t terrible.

My biggest concern is Grantham loves confusing the offensive line’s assignments and bringing heat from everywhere. Can JG correctly diagnose it pre snap and will the offensive line get it in time? That’ll make the difference.

Might as well start making a short list. Pruitt’s not going to work out here. Losing to Georgia State sealed that deal. We can let him stock the cupboard and hire a quality coach at the end of the 2022 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back