Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s the cool thing to hate @David Ubben, and I don’t appreciate the petty shots he’s taken, but his latest article doesn’t look good for us. UTC dogged us pretty hard; evidently we are completely predictable and they mentioned our alignment issues seem to be getting worse, not better.

I know it’s the cool thing to hate @David Ubben, and I don’t appreciate the petty shots he’s taken, but his latest article doesn’t look good for us. UTC dogged us pretty hard; evidently we are completely predictable and they mentioned our alignment issues seem to be getting worse, not better.
Thank you for posting

Reactions: Reaganvol
Regarding this Florida game:

Offense:
Their secondary is limited right now but I dont think we should start the game off bombing it. I'd like to see quick easy throws, bubble screens, hitches, etc. We NEED our oline to get a feel for the game first. Dont need the same issue as last year

JG needs to play his best game and be dialed in starting yesterday at noon. He needs to know every single Florida tendency and be able to call their defense better than them. Set up a cot in the film room

Defense
Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. Trask was suspect under pressure but UK didnt get much. For several reasons. They played zone and they played on their heels. They dropped two INTs when they did get pressure.

Perimeter tackling needs to be on point. We dont need Nigel Warrior taking bad angles and whatever he calls that tackle attempt vs byu. leave that on the bus to the airport. dont even take it on the plane.

With BT, we have a great chance. without him, itll he tougher.

I am hoping Chaney has a nasty counter run away from Pope planned.

Good info in the article, but it wasn’t as bad as Ubben made it sound.

Every team is predictable to some extent. Sure if we’ve got two TE’s in the game we’re probably gonna run. If Austin Pope is your best blocker on the edge, outside zone plays are likely going to follow him. As long as it works you go back to it, and considering we averaged 5-6 YPC and ran for 230+ against BYU they’re going to keep going to those plays.

Defensive alignment was fine with the starters in the game. First team guys were as disruptive as you hope to see against a team like UTC.

I think people are also forgetting the state of their program. Transfers, suspensions, injuries, and their oline is suspect. Mullen has a mess on his hands. They really are paper champions right now . Thay haven't beat anyone of note.

I agree that they are not nearly as good as they are hyped to be, but I will still be ecstatic as a fat kid in a candy shop if we pull out a W next week.

giphy.gif

A lot of good teams are predictable. It doesn’t matter if you execute. Then hit them if they overplay. Lord knows we haven’t put anything on film unusual in the first three games. Also, how many teams don’t normally run the ball with two tight end sets? Useless point.

We play nickel 95% of the time and are in cover 3 or cover 1 about 75% of the time.

Every team has tendencies tho. All about execution.

Can’t help but worry about Burrell and Taylor next week. They will get torched by Florida’s WR’s. I really hope Thompson plays.
They didn't bring him back to practice last week for him to miss this game. I hope Burrell stays on the sideline tbh. Whoever starts opposite of Bryce will see alot of quick slants. At least thats what I would call considering neither Burrell or AT has shown the ability to cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back