Pruitt not benching JG. Says he’s the best QB on the roster

That’s exactly what happened. I didn’t mention Penix at all but you want to try to say they were the same reason. They weren’t.
You should listen to one of the Volquest podcasts a couple weeks back where Austin Price flat out said that Martinez didn't come here because Tyson Helton didn't want him and Pruitt backed Helton up on it.

What happens if Pruitt benches JG for Maurer and Maurer goes out and throws 5 pics?

You simultaneously destroy JG's confidence and standing with the team and potentially ruin the confidence of a kid that just isnt ready yet.

Never mind, if the whole team knows that the best QB is JG and they have no confidence in the others then you risk losing the team.

This is not as simple as just "throw another QB out there".

Yes, it is that simple. We just lost to Georgia State and BYU and he played a huge part in both. It's time to change it up.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It's pretty much a condemnation of Shrout and Maurer. Coaching staff is saying they are so far behind and arent even close to ready to compete in the SEC that they will stick with JG as the best hope. High school stats be damned.
I am one of those who believes it is humanly impossible that all of our backup QB's suck so bad they can't be given an opportunity to replace a QB that is something like 5-15 as a starter.

JG was late on throws and missed open recievers..
he left at least 21 points on the field..
he needs to trust his receivers and throw them open
where is his touch on the throws this year ? he throws a screen pass like 100mph
Tough not to throw it so hard to try and beat the defense when you are late on the throw before (and if) you see the open receiver, then wait still before actually throwing.

You should listen to one of the Volquest podcasts a couple weeks back where Austin Price flat out said that Martinez didn't come here because Tyson Helton didn't want him and Pruitt backed Helton up on it.
Nah, I’d rather not listen to the drama queens who’ve been neutered by this coaching staff. They’ll say anything to get clicks these days because they don’t get any info from this staff.

But let’s say it true. Does Pruitt listen to HIS OC or just go with the guy who is committed here under a previous staff?

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Yes, it is that simple. We just lost to Georgia State and BYU and he played a huge part in both. It's time to change it up.

Both losses were due primarily (like 80%) to the defense. without two complete defensive collapses on Saturday we walk out with a win. and it wasn't JG who allowed Ga St to walk all over them.

JG isnt the best but he is not why we lost those game and certainly didnt play a "huge part".

Nah, I’d rather not listen to the drama queens who’ve been neutered by this coaching staff. They’ll say anything to get clicks these days because they don’t get any info from this staff.
Lol ok then, you do you slingblade. Your choice to be oblivious.

Both losses were due primarily (like 80%) to the defense. without two complete defensive collapses on Saturday we walk out with a win. and it wasn't JG who allowed Ga St to walk all over them.

JG isnt the best but he is not why we lost those game and certainly didnt play a "huge part".

Turnovers and turnovers on downs. Bailed out multiple times from interceptions. He easily caused TN a 14 point deficit for each game.

Then Pruitt has likely sealed his fate. Not because he isn’t benching JG now, but because he failed to recruit over him.
Hard to recruit top level QB's when all your competition for said recruits are competing for championships. Not going to win many of those battles.

But let’s say it true. Does Pruitt listen to HIS OC or just go with the guy who is committed here under a previous staff?
Turning away ANY blue chip QB prospect under any circumstances is stupid. Martinez is Pruitt's Tajh Boyd.

Reactions: zydane47
That’s disappointing news. I’m curious if all the coaches feel this way, not that we’ll ever actually know

What happens if Pruitt benches JG for Maurer and Maurer goes out and throws 5 pics?

You simultaneously destroy JG's confidence and standing with the team and potentially ruin the confidence of a kid that just isnt ready yet.

Never mind, if the whole team knows that the best QB is JG and they have no confidence in the others then you risk losing the team.

This is not as simple as just "throw another QB out there".

That means we are actually throwing the ball downfield..... I'm happy with that. But your premise isn't exactly smart. You're assuming that we would have a gameplan that would call for pass heavy with Maurer or Shrout for that matter.

Easiest way for them to get in a rhythm are rollouts and quick hitters and then taking an occasional shot down the field.

Of course will Maurer being mobile, it would incorporate zone reads and QB keepers.

I'd trust Chaney to not put him in a position where he'd risk throwing 5 picks. You're logic is based on us having an offensive staff that can't gameplan around a freshman QB. That's not true. History says otherwise.

Tough not to throw it so hard to try and beat the defense when you are late on the throw before (and if) you see the open receiver, then wait still before actually throwing.
true that...
but the Palmer pass when he was wide open was like 20 yds to far...
where is the touch on that pass..
looked like he was throwing a hail mary to him...smdh

Ridiculous. Stands will be half empty. Players and fans could rally around a young guy. Nearly everyone is done with JG, and rightly so.
What I do not understand is if these guys were recruited by UT and on the roster how they are not ready to go out there and lead the team?!?!...If JG goes down then what??...Stupid stupid move by Pruitt but why doesn't it surprise me?

Well, you see, I’m committed to riding out this year in hopes that the progression of young talent is enough...

Can’t even get a good impression out today.

😢😢😢

Reactions: jctenn1

VN Store

Back