Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that did happen, really hope fulmer calls his good friend mark richt. Get us stable and competitive again just like Rick Barnes has done. The right way too.

It’s been so long since we have been relevant,that I wouldn’t mind being a 10 win team year in and year out without a sec championship or Natty for maybe 3 or 4 years once we got back on her feet and competing with other teams. but how long would you be ok with it?..Georgia was ok with it for like 15 years😂😂😂

Last edited:
Pretty good discussion between Westmoreland, White, and Ratliff on the issues with the program right now. Nothing earth shattering but I enjoyed hearing it from a players perspective.....

Loved the Al Wilson story.

If that did happen, really hope fulmer calls his good friend mark richt. Get us stable and competitive again just like Rick Barnes has done. The right way too.

Oh the irony. Wouldn’t it be a crazy a turn of events to see CMR come in here to correct the culture issues CJP caused.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangenSC
Hey Nick, I gottaaaaaa question.

Why is Kratom illegal in Thailand?
Never heard of it till nowThere seems to be some conflicting opinions on it so I suppose their FDA just isn’t on board with it. They do like to control substances and you don’t want to be caught with anything banned.

I get nervous when a package containing over the counter drugs for the US was delayed for a month here. I got nervous and started to google and found conflicting info on whether or not it was banned. Literally looked around the corner when the package arrived to make sure the law wasn’t watching, lol.

cliffs m8
just going on about the reaction to the game vs. the overall perception of the TN program, and how those two things don't necessarily mesh.

basically saying this is the result of much bigger problems this program has had for more than a decade. and we're still playing catch up.

he doesn't blame fans for being upset/angry, and commends fans for the most part for sticking with TN with little reason to do so from a results standpoint. but did say that fans' perception of TN is whollly different from what it actually is.....that being a program that has consistently lost to not just the top of the league, but the middle and bottom of it.

brought up the vandy record as exhibit a.

doesn't mean that TN shouldn't beat a GA ST type program, but the expectations for the program today vs. what the standard has been for most of it's history are in two different places....and fans have had a hard time reconciling the two...which just adds to the angst.

also said that while there's been a lot of talk about the players, its not all on them. it's on everybody, and it's going to take everybody to get it back. doesn't think there's anyting to worry about for pruitt getting fired, but did acknowledge that if it goes really South this season, it'd be hard to not have that conversation about blowing it up and starting over.....

said he really won't be surprised if they come out and play well and win Saturday night, and said they'd be wise to do so, because losing Saturday makes finding W's later on in the schedule really, really difficult....couuld be staring a 1-6 start in the face.

it didn't have a negative tone, just kind of "matter of fact". nothing really new or anything, and far from anything that hasn't already been discussed here. just nicely summarized by a guy that has a vested interest in TN, as well as a national perspective to work from. and it was nice to hear someone acknowledge the fans in this whole freakin' ordeal as not being part of the problem for once.

Idk. Barnes didn't want to leave the game and we're discussing a 5 year rebuild with a man that only gave his alma mater 3 before checking out.
No disrespect to CMR at all but just not sure he has another rodeo in him. At least not right now.
good point. but didn't miami fire him?

Honestly I think Phil could provide more juice. He knows about the university, obviously deeply loves Tennessee and that’s what we need. But I’d rather Pruitt just figure this out.

Idk. Barnes didn't want to leave the game and we're discussing a 5 year rebuild with a man that only gave his alma mater 3 before checking out.
No disrespect to CMR at all but just not sure he has another rodeo in him. At least not right now.
Good thing we are a circus not a rodeo

Reactions: Devo182
Brian Maurer got into it with fans, defending Murphy and his tweet. Fans shouldn't tweet at players, but the coaches can't control fans-- they can only control players. Add a social media rule to team rules and enforce it. Other coaches do it, at UT and elsewhere.

How hard is it to say "Deactivate your social media or we deactivate your scholarship" for ffs?

Reactions: RikidyBones
good point. but didn't miami fire him?
Nope

There’s an interview after he resigned. Something definitely pissed him off but he never said. Asked if he would ever coach again and he said he was open to the idea.

This was right after or the actual press conference for his resignation.

Reactions: JCP201 and jakez4ut
let's work together...come on, come on let's work together, now, now people, because together we will stand every boy, girl, woman and man...well, it worked for Canned Heat...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back