Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vandy fan told me UGA was the biggest fastest team he had ever seen including Bama. So we got that to look forward to.

Maybe this lose was the best thing for the team/staff in the "big view" of things.

Imagine going into Florida 3-0 and having bloated confidence from players thinking they are where they need to be, that gut check would have probably happened and we'd roll into a miserable downward spiral from there and fade once again as the season went on.

At this point starting with a L I feel like this season can only climb, cause short of losing to Chattanooga I don't think there's any lower to drop...Every team ahead of you except 1 is better than Georgia State. Who knows ya learn more from losing than you do from winning, just hope everyone took that humble pie to heart and is laser focused moving forward.

Sadly (looking at Murphy & Bailey already) that's not the case....oddly enough both of them are Butch era hold overs so perhaps they got the wrong mindset for this staff/culture anyway.

Maybe this lose was the best thing for the team/staff in the "big view" of things.

Imagine going into Florida 3-0 and having bloated confidence from players thinking they are where they need to be, that gut check would have probably happened and we'd roll into a miserable downward spiral from there and fade once again as the season went on.

At this point starting with a L I feel like this season can only climb, cause short of losing to Chattanooga I don't think there's any lower to drop...Every team ahead of you except 1 is better than Georgia State. Who knows ya learn more from losing than you do from winning, just hope everyone took that humble pie to heart and is laser focused moving forward.

Sadly (looking at Murphy & Bailey already) that's not the case....oddly enough both of them are Butch era hold overs so perhaps they got the wrong mindset for this staff/culture anyway.
Then why are they still here? Should have already trimmed a lot more fat than we have and run some of these worthless losers out of the program.

I want Pruitt to bust a blood vessel in his forehead chewing out the players and his staff. It appears he was making excuses for youth and poor coaching. I want to see some fire. Kick a whiteboard or something.
well, he got criticized for that last year and people used that as an exhibit as to why he wasn't ready to be a head coach.

now he's too calm.

there's only one thing he needs to do.

win.

I was thinking about how incredibly intelligent our defensive line was last year. I never heard about anyone not knowing how to line up. Kyle Phillips, Alexis Johnson, and Shy Tuttle were in their first year of Pruitt’s system. I wonder who taught them how to line up. Then we had Emmit Gooden who had just arrived on campus from his starring role in Last Chance U. I didn’t hear of any problems. Even guys who played sparingly last year like Butler, Mincey, et. al., not a peep. Of course no one would have expected any issues with Paul Bain. That goes without saying. I wonder what happened this year.

I’ve heard last Saturday described as an epic loss, in the class of the Michigan loss to Appy State in 2007. In 2007 that was the first game of the year for both teams and it was played in the Big House. Michigan, we’re sometimes reminded, went on to have a relatively decent season, sort of. They were ranked #5 in the preseason poll for big boys and Appy was ranked #1 in the early poll for the little boys. In the immediate aftermath of the game Michigan fell completely out of the rankings. Michigan’s second game, also on their home field, was against our beloved friends, the Oregon Ducks. Michigan lost again, 39-7.

From there Michigan would go on an 8 game winning streak climbing back as high as #15 in the poll before dropping their last 2 and disappearing again. They were invited to the Citrus Bowl for a matchup with Urban Meyer’s #9 ranked Florida Gators and newly minted Heisman trophy winner Tim Tebow. They beat the Gators and carried Lloyd Carr off the field as he had announced in November that that season, 2007, his 13th as the head coach at Michigan, would be his last year. His 5th year offensive coordinator was our own lovable grandpa, Mike Debord. Michigan was rewarded for the victory over Florida with a season ending ranking of #18. 2007 would be the 3rd consecutive year that Appy state won the FCS national championship.

Most people, especially outside of Michigan, don’t remember much about that 2007 Michigan team. They just remember that they lost to Appy State. They may not even know that Appy state in those days was the “Alabama” of the FCS league. The game between those two has its own wiki page. It’s listed among the historically significant games of college football.

We’re not 2007 Michigan and Georgia State isn’t 2007 Appy State. So far our game doesn’t appear to even have a wiki page. I sort of doubt the game turns out to be historically significant to the college football landscape. I also doubt we’re going to see our players carrying our head coach from the field but we can still hope that we might yet be able to beat the Gators this season. On second thought, never mind; that was just a passing thought. jmo.
LOL, love this post. I was going to post that Michigan played a Big 10 schedule after their horrendous start and we don't. But, you seem to have the skepticism pretty well covered. I do hope we rally and play much better. I just have to see something, anything, really, to convince me that there's a chance for that to happen.

well, he got criticized for that last year and people used that as an exhibit as to why he wasn't ready to be a head coach.

now he's too calm.

there's only one thing he needs to do.

win.
I loved it when he showed some fire last year. I wondered if someone told him to tone it down. I just hope he didn't fall into the " they're fragile right now coach" trap. Be yourself. Be the person that got you here and getting paid millions.

Nope

There’s an interview after he resigned. Something definitely pissed him off but he never said. Asked if he would ever coach again and he said he was open to the idea.

This was right after or the actual press conference for his resignation.
I was thinking it was something to do with the family, too. He is a really good coach.

Looking back at Pruitt's past press conferences and his demeanor on the sidelines last year I really bet he is medicated right now. It's night and day. Like, not even the same person.

Just an observation, no judgment either way.

Reactions: Aesius
I loved it when he showed some fire last year. I wondered if someone told him to tone it down. I just hope he didn't fall into the " they're fragile right now coach" trap. Be yourself. Be the person that got you here and getting paid millions.
yeah, i personally don't have a problem with the occasional "attention getter". i believe before you can get mad about something, you have to care about it first. otherwise, you're just apathetic.

but i think pruitt knows this team is probably pretty fragile right now, and being all fire and brimstone may not be the best course of action. he needs this team to rally around something. and going all in on 'whiteboard kick' may not acheive that for him.

i think he's trying to take the hits for the team right now, rightfully so.

but none of that really matters, what happens behind closed doors does.

they win this week, you get to hit the reset button and start over, and most fans would be ok with that....you can then go back to taking it one game a time, and hopefully build some confidence....and get a little fire. cause in reality, the fire you're talking about needs to come from the players. can't only be the coach that's pissed and showing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back