Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Maurer got into it with fans, defending Murphy and his tweet. Fans shouldn't tweet at players, but the coaches can't control fans-- they can only control players. Add a social media rule to team rules and enforce it. Other coaches do it, at UT and elsewhere.
Agreed. Fans shouldn't tweet players and players shouldn't tweet dumb stuff over and over. He's doing it out of spite at this point.

So, even if Pruitt fails to improve much from last season, meaning the team finishes 5-7 again, he should still return as Tennessee’s head coach in 2020. That’s not a scenario UT fans would be thrilled about, but sometimes it’s smart to stick with a coach and give him a chance. It worked out for Clemson when they stuck with Dabo Swinney a decade ago.

1) no one is talking about firing Pruitt at 5-7. That’s ridiculous.

2) Clemson “stuck with” Dabo? He never missed a bowl game and won the division in his second season.

Update: They shipped the bed.

o79FcXs.gif

If that did happen, really hope fulmer calls his good friend mark richt. Get us stable and competitive again just like Rick Barnes has done. The right way too.
Man, If only Rick Barnes had a clone that coached football. That would be outstanding. If Mark Richt is anything close, I'd be ok with that.

Brian Maurer got into it with fans, defending Murphy and his tweet. Fans shouldn't tweet at players, but the coaches can't control fans-- they can only control players. Add a social media rule to team rules and enforce it. Other coaches do it, at UT and elsewhere.
What happened to your Avi?

If that did happen, really hope fulmer calls his good friend mark richt. Get us stable and competitive again just like Rick Barnes has done. The right way too.
i hate to even entertain the notion of the idea of looking for a new coach anywhere in the near future......................

but.

if we were, i don't know that we wouldn't have any choice but to go get a guy like that. i've seen a couple throw meyer's name around, but i can't ever see that happening. and Stoops would be great, but i honestly don't think he wants to coach anymore, and doesn't have to. and while Richt would be EXTREMELY boring, he would make a lot of sense for a lot of reasons.

it would NOT be a quick fix, and it would most certainly be at least a 5 year plan type of move. but it'd be hard to argue against him, otherwise, for a program needing stability and good leadership...............badly.

all that said, i'd just prefer it if our current coach works out....and not because of some pruitt fanboy syndrome.....just because on merit alone it'd be best for the program for the current coach to be that guy......

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back