Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More talk talk talk...

Sure hope it’s backed up with play Saturday. Believe it when I see it.
Yeah, he was talking about being an alpha dog before the season then says he didn’t let his teammates have it when he felt the game slipping away.

Also, one guy doesn’t make a difference.

Reactions: ionaVOL
Yeah, he was talking about being an alpha dog before the season then says he didn’t let his teammates have it when he felt the game slipping away.

Atleast he is taking the responsibility of the loss. How many players did that?

I saw him this morning, and he was legitimately trying to say things to cheer me up. He was like, "I can't even say anything bad about y'all now. If somehow y'all improve later in the season, I'll start talking crap again, but I just can't do it right now." I've always subscribed to the theory that I'd rather be hated than pitied...nothing encapsulated that feeling more than hearing that from him.

Most of the guys in my office are UGA fans, many I have known and gone to war with for years and am work friends with. They are usually fairly decent about things, and most of them have totally avoided talking to me about football today which is unusual as hell this time of year. It's pity, I hate it.

P.S. That is one weird UGA fan you describe, that is the one thing I bond with them over occasionally, mutual hatred of Florida.

Listen, I love Jauan, but you can’t lead a team that doesn’t want to or have the capability to be lead.
Smh.

I disagree. I don't think that in one week our OL and DL are going to learn how to not get their asses handed to them every time the ball is snapped. I don't think TAN-o is going to learn how to make pre-snap reads. I don't think the young guys on defense are going to make sufficient improvements in pursuit angles, gap assignments, etc. I don't know if there are enough players that give a damn on the roster to be able to put 11 at a time on each side of the ball. And I sure as hell don't think a group of coaches that got their asses handed to them by a group that went 2-10 in the Sun Belt, is going to somehow magically find clarity in the way they teach, the way they coach, and they way they scheme an opponent to minimize our weaknesses and maximize our weaknesses.

If I'm wrong someone, anyone, please tell me why/how.

I live in Georgia. I work with one guy in particular that is a Georgia fan. When we passed in the hall on a Friday before we played Florida sometime in the last few years, he shielded his eyes like he was going to get leprosy from simply seeing the color orange, and I'm sure he thought we were far enough apart from each other that I couldn't hear him. He then said to the other guy he was walking with, "I hope Florida absolutely beats the sh!t out of them tomorrow."

I saw him this morning, and he was legitimately trying to say things to cheer me up. He was like, "I can't even say anything bad about y'all now. If somehow y'all improve later in the season, I'll start talking crap again, but I just can't do it right now." I've always subscribed to the theory that I'd rather be hated than pitied...nothing encapsulated that feeling more than hearing that from him.
UT lost to Rutgers (I would agree not as bad as losing to Ga St.) on homecoming in 1979. 13-7
The next week they beat the brakes off a 13th ranked Notre Dame team (substantially better than the BYU team coming to Knoxville Saturday) 40 -18.

Appy St team goes to Michigan (ranked 5th) and beat them in the first game of the season in 2007. That team after losing went on to beat top 10 ranked Penn St. and Florida and finish 9-4. Under the "realistic" idea they probably go 2-10 at best

Im not claiming UT is destined for 9-4 or that they will even beat BYU Saturday nite. But the idea that since they lost to Ga St. that makes BYU an unwinnable game is silly.

As I said before, it just doesn't work that way.

UT lost to Rutgers (I would agree not as bad as losing to Ga St.) on homecoming in 1979. 13-7
The next week they beat the brakes off a 13th ranked Notre Dame team (substantially better than the BYU team coming to Knoxville Saturday) 40 -18.

The same coached that walked into Neyland Saturday and beat a UT team coming off a 5-7 year was the same guy that took a good but out talented Appy St team to Michigan (ranked 5th) and beat them in the first game of the season. That team after losing went on to beat top 10 ranked Penn St. and Florida and finish 9-4. Under the "realistic" idea they probably go 2-10 at best

Im not claiming UT is destined for 9-4 or that they will even beat BYU Saturday nite. But the idea that since they lost to Ga St. that makes BYU an unwinnable game is silly.

As I said before, it just doesn't work that way.

Until you are talking about this team. Then it sure does.

Most of the guys in my office are UGA fans, many I have known and gone to war with for years and am work friends with. They are usually fairly decent about things, and most of them have totally avoided talking to me about football today which is unusual as hell this time of year. It's pity, I hate it.

P.S. That is one weird UGA fan you describe, that is the one thing I bond with them over occasionally, mutual hatred of Florida.
We are up in here in north GA (Dalton), so he deals personally with more UT fans than Florida. I think he hates them, too...just hates us more, usually.

JG already picking pre-snap where he is throwing to and throwing into double coverage anyway because reasons. Bad decision by the QB just like Callaway was wide open on the first play of the game but instead threw a laser to Ty's knees ending in a turnover. The offense can do it. A lot of decision making needs to be fixed, though.

FACTS!!! Which is why he can’t see blitz or a defense to change the plays or the protection.i seriously think he doesn’t even watch film.

Also, I don’t know why anyone is upset about Banks playing LB. He played extremely well outside of one play where he got sucked in thinking run and they threw it to the outside. However, there was also a Safety and a Corner over there and they didn’t get there either. I thought Banks was a bright spot at LB, very physical.

Same.plus he was a lot quicker than I thought for his.the shots he was delivering on that qb had me clinching😬

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I disagree. I don't think that in one week our OL and DL are going to learn how to not get demoralized every time the ball is snapped. I don't think TAN-o is going to learn how to make pre-snap reads. I don't think the young guys on defense are going to make sufficient improvements in pursuit angles, gap assignments, etc. I don't know if there are enough players that give a damn on the roster to be able to put 11 at a time on each side of the ball. And I sure as hell don't think a group of coaches that got their asses handed to them by a group that went 2-10 in the Sun Belt, is going to somehow magically find clarity in the way they teach, the way they coach, and they way they scheme an opponent to minimize our weaknesses and maximize our strengths.

If I'm wrong someone, anyone, please tell me why/how.

I live in Georgia. I work with one guy in particular that is a Georgia fan. When we passed in the hall on a Friday before we played Florida sometime in the last few years, he shielded his eyes like he was going to get leprosy from simply seeing the color orange, and I'm sure he thought we were far enough apart from each other that I couldn't hear him. He then said to the other guy he was walking with, "I hope Florida absolutely beats the sh!t out of them tomorrow."

I don’t see how they turn it around in a week either. Just too much garbage play on the field to correct.

And what has happened to Pruitt? Where is his fire we saw year 1? He’s either on Xanax or has given up already.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back