Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is what I noticed as well....
OAN, you are a better person than I am. I can not bring myself to watch that visual garbage again. The first time around made me physically ill....I can only imagine what a second viewing will do.
It actually made me more positive watching the second time because it made realize we aren’t a bad team, we just made a LOT of mistakes. But those mistakes can be fixed and they honestly can be fixed by this week

If I’m Chaney and Pruitt I put Crouch at RB. Practice all week with Ty, Crouch and Gray at RB. Go out there Saturday night and run it 75% of the time. Play action and force JG to throw it down the field 5-10 times and we win.

Oh and fix the damn defense.

@JeremyPruitt @JimChaney You’re welcome.

I’m with you. I’m just skeptical it happens.

They should’ve had their best 5 offensive linemen practicing together for three weeks by now.
I am sure they want to pull Tatum, but don't 100% trust Wright. I think they are trying to transition Morris and Wright into the starting 5.

Yes, but they can't fix three weeks ago. They can fix now. The HC will have some extra help this week. And some "suggestions."

What a horrible sign for our head coach and his team. Can you imagine any currently successful SEC head coach needing “extra help” just to fix basic things that are glaringly wrong with his team?

If I’m Chaney and Pruitt I put Crouch at RB. Practice all week with Ty, Crouch and Gray at RB. Go out there Saturday night and run it 75% of the time. Play action and force JG to throw it down the field 5-10 times and we win.

@jeremy Pruitt @Jim Chaney You’re welcome.
Lol at the @s. I'd settle with Banks at RB until we get the def settled in.

It actually made me more positive watching the second time because it made realize we aren’t a bad team, we just made a LOT of mistakes. But those mistakes can be fixed and they honestly can be fixed by this week
I played organized football for two years in middle school. That's the extent of "education" I've had when it comes to football. That being said, I don't see how you take a team that just got beat by Georgia State, and "fix" things in one week. I can buy that the younger guys will improve over the year, and the team that takes the field against Vanderbilt would be better than the team that played last weekend. But I don't see how it's possible that the same team/coaches that lost last weekend can make a few adjustments and come out and beat BYU a week later. If we go out there and beat BYU, I think I'll be even more pissed that we lost last Saturday.

Y'all have probably had this discussion and I missed it. Our loss has to be worse than the Michigan loss to App St, right? App St was the best team in 1-AA at the time. If I remember correctly they lost one game in 2006 and two games in 2007 (the year they beat Michigan). I was tempted to look at Michigan's 9-4 record the year they lost to App St and maintain some optimism, but I think the team that beat Michigan was a 20x better team than the one that beat us last weekend.

By shuffling I mean having players line up at different positions. Switching between OG and OT is confusing. Constant movement on the OL makes it even harder for a struggling QB. Set the positions early this week, build some continuity and get a rhythm going.

They have done that the entire time they have been here. I don’t see that changing.

Until last night, I hadn't been on here since Friday morning. I clicked on each page and read the first 2-3 posts, but know I missed a lot. A few things:

- Is Hubbs freak out post really real, or did we determine that there was some context missing
- What was NotoriousRPP saying?
- Hey, our margin of defeat is trending in the right direction (sorry if someone else has already used that one)!
- I know it kind-of coach speak and cliche how they always talk about how you have to take every opponent seriously. The old adage, "you can't just roll your helmet out there and expect to win." Well, damnit, when you're Tennessee and your opponent is GA ST, you damn well should be able to just roll your helmet out there. There is no excuse for what happened. I have become so numb to losses over the past 15 years, but this one lingers. I'm not like dwelling in depression or anything, so it's all relative. But I expect to feel a little less bad about it each day. Instead, it gets worse. I just literally can't fathom how it's gotten to this point.

I must have missed Hubbs freak out post? What did he say?

@JeremyPruitt @JimChaney You’re welcome.
JG throwing down the field isn’t happening lol

You have to remember what happened during that search. People stopped taking our call.

After two blown agreements with Schiano and Leach - and a public outcry that made a coach decline the offer (Doeren) - we were scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Pruitt was far and away a better option than Kevin Steele. Mel Tucker was probably roughly on par with Pruitt from a resume perspective. The other guy Phil talked to a lot was Chad Morris - and that doesn’t seem to be going well either.
That wasn't meant as an indictment on Fulmer. Maybe that was the best of his options. In my 20/20 hindsight, I wonder if a lower level head coach would have been a better move. Leach would have been a better move imo. Les Miles was still available.

Last edited:
Reactions: bignewt
I must have missed Hubbs freak out post? What did he say?

He backtracked after the first post was confusing. Clarified and said if this team finished with 2-3 wins then he didn’t know what would happen. Mentioned Fulmer taking over as possible.

That’s paraphrased

Reactions: VFL10
What a horrible sign for our head coach and his team. Can you imagine any currently successful SEC head coach needing “extra help” just to fix basic things that are glaringly wrong with his team?
From the AD nonetheless. At least it’s Fulmer and not Currie or Hamilton giving suggestions.

Lol at the @s. I'd settle with Banks at RB until we get the def settled in.
No. Crouch is far better than Banks at RB. His senior season he strapped the team to his back and ran for over 3000 yards and 31 TDs and won the state championship. He’s 6’1 245lbs. Put him in the backfield and give him the damn ball.

I played organized football for two years in middle school. That's the extent of "education" I've had when it comes to football. That being said, I don't see how you take a team that just got beat by Georgia State, and "fix" things in one week. I can buy that the younger guys will improve over the year, and the team that takes the field against Vanderbilt would be better than the team that played last weekend. But I don't see how it's possible that the same team/coaches that lost last weekend can make a few adjustments and come out and beat BYU a week later. If we go out there and beat BYU, I think I'll be even more pissed that we lost last Saturday.
When you are so misaligned and don’t know what responsibilities you have because you are being subbed in to different positions on each play, yeah that makes me believe this loss was a fluke and not the true representation of our team. Now, I’m not saying we will fix it but I do believe it can be fixed.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
That wasn't meant as an indictment on Fulmer. Maybe that was the best of his options. In my 20/20 hindsight, I wonder if a lower level head coach would have been a better move. Leach would have been a better move imo. Lets Miles was still available.
He spoke with Norvell. Not sure why that didn’t go anywhere but was way better than the SEC DC gang of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back