Pruitts attitude is completely unacceptable

Jeremy’s at UT just to collect millions until the Alabama job opens when nick leaves
Until today, he has shown his behavior when he gets comfortable. The super slow offensive approach and short throws were beyond conservative. At first I was thinking are we just kind of imposing our will? Or we going through a short yard walk through pretend game to see who we want? Pruitt thought he could figure out a lineup shooting from the hip. Big mistake. Put the Freshman Qb in. Competition is supposed to be figured out by now.

Yes, if they respond against BYU this could be the rallying point for the team.

Those are the only two options, either they rally or they implode, and based off Pruitt's comments about being ready I'm afraid it's the latter.

We will see
There really isn’t any rallying from this, if they win next weekend great ( though pretty unlikely.) this is still a terrible team with terrible coaching. Pruitt had all off season to get ready to kick the **** out of a team they should have beaten by 3 touchdowns sleepwalking and didn’t do it. Kudos to you for finding a way to keep hope alive. In reality there is none for this coach.

There really isn’t any rallying from this, if they win next weekend great ( though pretty unlikely.) this is still a terrible team with terrible coaching. Pruitt had all off season to get ready to kick the **** out of a team they should have beaten by 3 touchdowns sleepwalking and didn’t do it. Kudos to you for finding a way to keep hope alive. In reality there is none for this coach.
He was preparing for Florida all summer!!!!

It looked like the team didn't practice a single minute during the offseason. That was really sad. I've never seen a team that looked that unprepared. Completely shocked and that's saying a lot because Tennessee tends to do things that shock the hell out of you lol
No, Georgia state hit them in the mouth early and they laid down and never responded for the most part. When things got tough this team did not want to fight through it and that is the most disappointing thing imo.
GBO!!

Per the title of this thread, what would be an acceptable attitude for CJP to have after a loss like this? Like it or not he will be on the sideline next Saturday. He was hired ( being a first year HC) to try and correct years of of unacceptable decision making and when something, like what happened today, happens it’s all his fault? Like he said, he’s not blaming the kids it’s on him, he’s gotta look in the mirror, get back to work and correct what went wrong.

Reactions: alavolfan
it was the "young team" comment at halftime that got me shaking my head...
For 35% of our players, this was the first time 75% of them ran through a letter, much less the letter ‘T’ before a game in 70% humidity in the mid afternoon.

Reactions: 08Vol
Yes, if they respond against BYU this could be the rallying point for the team.

Those are the only two options, either they rally or they implode, and based off Pruitt's comments about being ready I'm afraid it's the latter.

We will see
Rails are going to fall off tbh

There's two aspects to the loss today.

There's the actual loss. You lost a gimme game, and now it's 1 game harder to make it to six wins.

And then there's the fact that you embarrassed the program worse than it ever has been embarrassed before.

The fact that Pruitt acted like this loss was no different than WV last year, and even said as much, is very revealing. It tells me he only sees the former.

You would only feel the second part if you considered yourself a Vol and not just the coach of the Vols.

The pissed off media sessions. The pissed off Vol Calls. Pissed off coaches show.

Dude wants to be a HC of a major program. But he could not give one single solitary **** about UT or the state of TN.

I would have beaten GSU as head coach. And I know it. I'm 24 and can have a fun time. I'd have our team getting celebration penalties after every TD we would bring the team to the Power T and taunt GSU players I'd have Jennings so crunk they'd eject him. People would think it's the movie the Longest Yard. We'd be up by 60 GSU would be too scared to line up after I tell our players what to do to them. We would run improv backyard Hail Mary's every 5 plays with Jennings throwing knowing damn well Calloway can get crafty on a deep route. I'd have JG benched too and JENNINGS in the Wildcat. I'd have the team having so much hype pretty sad watching them today miserable

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We have a big issue on D-line and decision making at QB. Just bc JG has limited interceptions doesn’t make him a good decision maker. Not sure how that gets fixed this year. It’s unfortunate bc I can see some real electric playmakers out there. Most are just the young inexperienced guys that Pruitt recruited. Our personnel on D has been lackluster for years.

Not making excuse for CJP because you can’t lose this game period. But some of our deficiencies in regards to players were pretty evident today.

There's two aspects to the loss today.

There's the actual loss. You lost a gimme game, and now it's 1 game harder to make it to six wins.

And then there's the fact that you embarrassed the program worse than it ever has been embarrassed before.

The fact that Pruitt acted like this loss was no different than WV last year, and even said as much, is very revealing. It tells me he only sees the former.

You would only feel the second part if you considered yourself a Vol and not just the coach of the Vols.

The pissed off media sessions. The pissed off Vol Calls. Pissed off coaches show.

Dude wants to be a HC of a major program. But he could not give one single solitary **** about UT or the state of TN.
I'm starting to believe the "he's Bama through and through" is affecting his attitude towards how performs his job. Pretty piss poor so far.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back