Knoxville Restaurants

We went a few times and always liked it. Lots of room and food was pretty good. People were nice.

Have not visited in over a year though.
Yes, it’s fine. Loud. It’s a soccer taco.

I have had terrible experiences there. This coming from someone who typically doesn't complain about restaurants. The bad service ranged from inattentive to outright rude. Straight up slamming our drinks on the counter and spilling on our clothes. We had never once been rude or tipped poorly. I have no idea what was up with our 15-20 visits there...

Give me Taco Boy in Turkey Creek for the win.
Crazy, but I've never been. We have a couple other nearly Mexican places that we frequent when in the mood to calorie-binge. Is it "authentic" Mexican or more sports-bar food? We'll give it a try next time, since Rosarito's closed down.

Crazy, but I've never been. We have a couple other nearly Mexican places that we frequent when in the mood to calorie-binge. Is it "authentic" Mexican or more sports-bar food? We'll give it a try next time, since Rosarito's closed down.

more traditional but they have both. always a lot of mexican folks eating in there, if that is any indication how good it is. I love it.

more traditional but they have both. always a lot of mexican folks eating in there, if that is any indication how good it is. I love it.
Cool. The kids wanted pizza, so we hit Hard Knox in Harden Valley tonight, but Taco Boy will be next in line for family dinner out. Thanks for the rec.

Has anyone been to the Soccer Taco on Northshore? I'm curious to hear anyone's experience...

Yes, it's good, decent drinks, to echo what someone else said, it is loud.

Give me Taco Boy in Turkey Creek for the win.

I had not heard about this place. More of a Campbell Station/I40 location than Turkey Creek though.

Cursed location. Ever since Johnny Carino's left nothing has truly survived there. My guess is that it's a high rent location.

Cool. The kids wanted pizza, so we hit Hard Knox in Harden Valley tonight, but Taco Boy will be next in line for family dinner out. Thanks for the rec.

Have you tried Stefanos on Hardin Valley? It's pretty good and they have beer/liquor.

It's probably mentioned in here before but Kabuki(Turkey Creek) has some excellent sushi, I would not recommend getting the Hibachi style meals their however. If you want good hibachi take-out Mikata on Hardin Valley ftw. I love that they offer noodles as an option over rice, and the teriyaki sauce they use in the meals is delicious. For dine-in hibachi Wasabi hands down.

I had not heard about this place. More of a Campbell Station/I40 location than Turkey Creek though.

Cursed location. Ever since Johnny Carino's left nothing has truly survived there. My guess is that it's a high rent location.

Have you tried Stefanos on Hardin Valley? It's pretty good and they have beer/liquor.

It's probably mentioned in here before but Kabuki(Turkey Creek) has some excellent sushi, I would not recommend getting the Hibachi style meals their however. If you want good hibachi take-out Mikata on Hardin Valley ftw. I love that they offer noodles as an option over rice, and the teriyaki sauce they use in the meals is delicious. For dine-in hibachi Wasabi hands down.
Much prefer the light, wood-fired style of Hard Knox, A Dopo, Blaze.

East Japan is a hidden sushi spot in Farragut, too. Nama at Cedar bluff has pretty much stolen my business from Kabuki, though.

Much prefer the light, wood-fired style of Hard Knox, A Dopo, Blaze.

East Japan is a hidden sushi spot in Farragut, too. Nama at Cedar bluff has pretty much stolen my business from Kabuki, though.

I might have to try East Japanese, they apparently offer some authentic dishes based on what I briefly read.

I'd put Nama and Kabuki as top 2. They both offer rolls you can't get at one another.

Off the top of your head is the Soy Joy roll at Nama's normally served warm? We ordered one at Cedar Bluff recently and it was served cold for some reason.

You rike da noodle?

I might have to try East Japanese, they apparently offer some authentic dishes based on what I briefly read.

Off the top of your head is the Soy Joy roll at Nama's normally served warm? We ordered one at Cedar Bluff recently and it was served cold for some reason.

East Japanese definitely has authentic dishes. I've had the ramen several times, complete with fish cake, egg, pork tendon, etc. Very good.

The soy joy is a frequent choice for us, too. I think it is quickly flash fried to crisp the soy paper, and maybe one of the sauces is warm. It's not enough to heat the whole thing though. Maybe yours sat for a minute?

We tried take-out from Seafood Pier this evening on Cedar Bluff. The cheese sticks are fantastic and large, definitely shareable. The coconut shrimp app is good and has a nice sweetness to it, it's not the same as the coconut shrimp from like Outback/Bonefish. They should serve it with a sweet sauce rather than the tartar that comes with it. 2 of us ordered the shrimp basket with slaw and the other ordered the popcorn crawfish basket. What I enjoy about the fried dishes is the breading is thin so it doesn't hide the flavor of the seafood. I think the crawfish had a little more flavor to it than the shrimp but both were really good. The one that ordered the fried crawfish normally just eats boiled crawfish with the shell but he said the fried crawfish could be his new favorite thing. The coleslaw was very good and 2 of the group are somewhat picky about their slaw so that's saying something. Their base cajun seasoning is full of flavor without the spice which is true cajun style food, though they can absolutely spice it up if you ask. You can get all of the fried dishes boiled and their are seasoning options. They will ask how spicy you want it if you choose a boil.

FYI: They do not serve alcohol currently. I'm not sure if there are plans to do so in the future.

Last edited:
I tried the prime rib dish for the first time at Season's this evening. It was good but I guess I'm just not a prime rib guy. It's a pretty fatty cut like a ribeye. If I'm paying that much for a piece of red meat I'd rather have a nice steak.

We tried take-out from Seafood Pier this evening on Cedar Bluff. The cheese sticks are fantastic and large, definitely shareable. The coconut shrimp app is good and has a nice sweetness to it, it's not the same as the coconut shrimp from like Outback/Bonefish. They should serve it with a sweet sauce rather than the tartar that comes with it. 2 of us ordered the shrimp basket with slaw and the other ordered the popcorn crawfish basket. What I enjoy about the fried dishes is the breading is thin so it doesn't hide the flavor of the seafood. I think the crawfish had a little more flavor to it than the shrimp but both were really good. The one that ordered the fried crawfish normally just eats boiled crawfish with the shell but he said the fried crawfish could be his new favorite thing. The coleslaw was very good and 2 of the group are somewhat picky about their slaw so that's saying something. Their base cajun seasoning is full of flavor without the spice which is true cajun style food, though they can absolutely spice it up if you ask. You can get all of the fried dishes boiled and their are seasoning options. They will ask how spicy you want it if you choose a boil.

FYI: They do not serve alcohol currently. I'm not sure if there are plans to do so in the future.
I've gone to Seafood Pier like 4 times and I leave happy every time. I don't see how that place can stay in business with how slow they always are, and I feel really bad. The steamer bags are on point.

I tried the prime rib dish for the first time at Season's this evening. It was good but I guess I'm just not a prime rib guy. It's a pretty fatty cut like a ribeye. If I'm paying that much for a piece of red meat I'd rather have a nice steak.
Eating a good prime ribeye is a work of love. Careful carving results in the most flavorful bites of meat, as far as I'm concerned. Chef Deron usually has a good sauce and side pairing, hope it was a good meal!

Eating a good prime ribeye is a work of love. Careful carving results in the most flavorful bites of meat, as far as I'm concerned. Chef Deron usually has a good sauce and side pairing, hope it was a good meal!

The winning dish of the night was a special Friday scallop dish. That was fabulous and excellent flavors.

Foothills Milling Co was superb. The seared scallops were insane and my steak was very well done. My wife got the tempura lobster tails and that too was delicious. I'm looking forward to trying the Walnut Kitchen next to compare.

Hope folks have had a chance to try out the Blackhorse at their new location on Gay Street...formerly The Five

VN Store

Back