Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The future lawsuit thing is dumb af. He has no idea how hard it is to sue based on something like that.
If that scenario were to occur, I don’t think it would be hard at all to win a civil suit if the University was found to not properly investigate. I’m not a lawyer though

Yeah. The VQ podcast speculated that the BT "Shoot up the School" case will become the baseline for any future cases where any student makes any similar threats. They think this will cause the BT case to be dragged out longer than it should because there have been no other similar cases at UT.

They compared it to some student stressed out over finals decides to make some public threat against other admins/students while he is in the Library.

UT could decide:
1) Kick any student out of school for public threats against the school
2) Investigate the student's real intent and/or ability to carry out the threat, then decide on a case by case basis. (GatorDog said this could open the school up to catastrophic lawsuits if the student actually tried to carry out his/her threats later if he/she was allowed to remain in school.)

IMO, I would think they go with option 2 and if the student does not give full access to their personal life OR does not provide full cooperation with the internal investigation .. then the student would be gone. If full cooperation with internal investigation and no actual intent is found, then the student could remain in school.

This should not be the baseline for cases where a student threatens to shoot up a school, because he didn't ever say anything like it. Some random, probably tipsy, student overheard the argument he was having with his girlfriend, thought they heard something, and ran to get their jump to conclusions mat. This is a case of one person mishearing something that wasn't their business anyway and then taking a big dump and calling it their statement to the police.

While all of that is technically true. It doesn't negate the fact that finger paint is still a stone cold idiot. The terrible edits are just a cherry on top.

Oh I've no clue who finger paint is....I'm assuming it's that guy on Twitter who very badly traces pictures in photoshop of players, and also threatens to beat up people despite being clearly a buck 35 soaking wet.

I think Purgatory is better than Country Squire, but they are both fantastic albums.

Creeker is the current favorite off CS. Some of my favorite songs of his aren't on any of the studio albums :(

Hopped on the tractor yesterday and put Purgatory on repeat yesterday. It never gets old!

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Listening to VQ pod about the BT thing. This is such a ******** case. They're just suspending him for PC reasons. Zero case.
That’s good news (for BT and the team). At least it’s Jawga st. and not BYU or UF. Hopefully this is resolved with the swiftness.

Oh I've no clue who finger paint is....I'm assuming it's that guy on Twitter who very badly traces pictures in photoshop of players, and also threatens to beat up people despite being clearly a buck 35 soaking wet.
Yep, he along with like 2-3 other guys are massive embarrassments for vol twitter. Claims to be an insider too. Smh.

Cuz y’all are mean AF lol

As much as I’ve smirked about the fingerprint joke... this is a probably nice guy who is using what he’s passionate about as an outlet for creative expression. He’s obviously proud enough of where he is with his work to share it with the world - which is terrifying to do - just to have it publicly ridiculed and shamed, not by UGA and Florida, but by his fellow Vol fans. Plus, he’s getting work, so obviously somebody likes it enough...

Not trying to virtue signal here, idgaf. But as an artist who’s been on both sides of this kinda situation - this is the ****** side.

Naw he’s a collossal douchebag. A year or so ago he was trying hard to front as a connected insider. Would always post about the team being on “commitment watch” and when nothing would happen and people said something to him, he’d get his usual pissy confrontational self. If you critize anything about him he does the please pull up/let’s compare bank accounts or whatever the f.

But mostly those edits are as bad as there are out there on the net.

This should not be the baseline for cases where a student threatens to shoot up a school, because he didn't ever say anything like it. Some random, probably tipsy, student overheard the argument he was having with his girlfriend, thought they heard something, and ran to get their jump to conclusions mat. This is a case of one person mishearing something that wasn't their business anyway and then taking a big dump and calling it their statement to the police.

Lots of assumptions here. Witness was drunk? Misheard? You know how?

Not saying you aren't completely correct or incorrect. Just accepting our ignorance here. Assumptions just create an illusory narrative which has no basis in evidence. We'll see if witnesses keep, corroborate, or abandon account.

Yeah. The VQ podcast speculated that the BT "Shoot up the School" case will become the baseline for any future cases where any student makes any similar threats. They think this will cause the BT case to be dragged out longer than it should because there have been no other similar cases at UT.

They compared it to some student stressed out over finals decides to make some public threat against other admins/students while he is in the Library.

UT could decide:
1) Kick any student out of school for public threats against the school
2) Investigate the student's real intent and/or ability to carry out the threat, then decide on a case by case basis. (GatorDog said this could open the school up to catastrophic lawsuits if the student actually tried to carry out his/her threats later if he/she was allowed to remain in school.)

IMO, I would think they go with option 2 and if the student does not give full access to their personal life OR does not provide full cooperation with the internal investigation .. then the student would be gone. If full cooperation with internal investigation and no actual intent is found, then the student could remain in school.

It needs to be number 2 or something else entirely because what I get from number 1 is that if I don't like someone all I have to do is say they threatened to shoot up the school and anyone who doesn't think there are college kids who will do that to someone they dislike is crazy.

As much as I’ve smirked about the fingerprint joke... this is a probably nice guy who is using what he’s passionate about as an outlet for creative expression. He’s obviously proud enough of where he is with his work to share it with the world - which is terrifying to do - just to have it publicly ridiculed and shamed, not by UGA and Florida, but by his fellow Vol fans. Plus, he’s getting work, so obviously somebody likes it enough...

Not trying to virtue signal here, idgaf. But as an artist who’s been on both sides of this kinda situation - this is the ****** side.
Some of what you say might be true. But, he has posted live video of himself pulling up on somebody to show how badass he is. He deserves what he gets, IMO.

As someone with zero artistic talent, it’s an affront to the senses for someone with equal talent to be financially compensated.

Lots of assumptions here. Witness was drunk? Misheard? You know how?

Not saying you aren't completely correct or incorrect. Just accepting our ignorance here. Assumptions just create an illusory narrative which has no basis in evidence.
To be fair, I don't see how his comment is misplaced given those he's responding about are liberally throwing out "after what he said" and discussing post rampage lawsuits .

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Some of what you say might be true. But, he has posted live video of himself pulling up on somebody to show how badass he is. He deserves what he gets, IMO.
And made some weird false claim about someone breaking into his house and stealing $1,000 out of his kids piggy bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back