Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st two Pruitt classes seemed to be focused on getting bigger along the lines. This class seems to be focused on speed. Hyatt, Mordecai, keyshawn, bj, and lovie all look very fast. And I'm probably leaving someone out. That's at least a third of the current class being explosive athletes.
Yeh, definitely feels like Pruitt has a method.

Reactions: Sleegro
How does that work? Do they have some billionaire donor? Honestly not familiar, but if they could spend anything they wanted they wouldn't have a meh basketball coach.

Oh they only care about one thing there. Their hoops facility sucks and so does their attendance

I immediately remembered that kid. Being a white kid in the backfield and all lol.

Still shocked he only has 2 scholarship offers and wouldn't blame him for jumping on that Navy offer, but maybe he pulls a Colton Jumper and comes here and one day returns a pick-six in the NFL. Or something like that.

Yeah but we cheap and will never spend a couple million on a basketball coach or pay top dollar for OCs that will never come here 😂

Big Phil says fuzz that noise to the LOTM

Exactly man.... sometimes I wonder if Bruin is oblivious to what is happening within this Athletics program. It’s not a game anymore. Tennessee realized it was losing money as a school when sports weren’t doing well. They won’t make that mistake anymore.

Yeah but we cheap and will never spend a couple million on a basketball coach or pay top dollar for OCs that will never come here 😂

Big Phil says fuzz that noise to the LOTM

For the record I’m not saying we won’t spend lots and lots of $ to keep Pruitt. I am
Saying we won’t spend enough to keep him from going to Bama if that opportunity comes along. I mean what is Saban making now? 3 times what we are paying?

No way we would pay him over 10mil which is what it would take imo

How does that work? Do they have some billionaire donor? Honestly not familiar, but if they could spend anything they wanted they wouldn't have a meh basketball coach.

I remember reading somewhere Alabama had used their AD profit over the years to build up a substantial fund. So when they needed to hire Saban money really was no object as they had something like $100M saved. UT on the other hand had been pulling the profit out of the AD each year to fund the rest of the university so we were more limited when we needed a new coach.

I assume they just don't care about basketball, but can't say for sure.

No but heroin had a lot of publicity. We're talkin 60s here. Cocaine was not yet not yet will known in small-town. We were a hundred miles from the nearest TV broadcast tower so that would be kind of hard to call The Burbs
Cocaine used to be used in the production of the soda by the same name. That ended in 1929...I assume before you were a yungin.

For the record I’m not saying we won’t spend lots and lots of $ to keep Pruitt. I am
Saying we won’t spend enough to keep him from going to Bama if that opportunity comes along. I mean what is Saban making now? 3 times what we are paying?

If he is being chosen to take Sabans spot that means we are winning National Championships. Tennessee will out pay Alabama for a coach that is winning National Championships. Your logic is absurd.

Member when you thought Sherrer would get hired away because you think things? 😏

If he is being chosen to take Sabans spot that means we are winning National Championships. Tennessee will out pay Alabama for a coach that is winning National Championships. Your logic is absurd.

If Pruitt wins 7 or more games this year he’s second on Bama’s list to succeed Saban.

On one hand I hope Saban stays long enough for Pruitt to get us back up to 9-11 wins but on the other hand I’d almost trade Pruitt for Saban retiring at the end of the year. Hard choice to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back