'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

Hate this. Would have loved to have him on the hill. Kinda respect em for making his own decision tho. He’s probably in for a rough senior year. He’s surrounded by Vols.

Reactions: AaronUT
I wonder if he was encouraged by our staff to make this decision. Well, either way good luck to the young man.
Don’t think that’s the case, AP said they would continue to recruit him till signing day if he didn’t choose Tn today.

We need better than 3 stars. Just saying. Cats can have him.

I'll never understand posters that immediately dismiss a kid solely based on a star rating. If that's your measuring stick, you should note that he's actually a 4* on Rivals. Based on that information, I'm sure he's now a take in your opinion, right?

I'll never understand posters that immediately dismiss a kid solely based on a star rating. If that's your measuring stick, you should note that he's actually a 4* on Rivals. Based on that information, I'm sure he's now a take in your opinion, right?
Nope. Don’t see teams full of 3 stars winning the National Championship. Stars aren’t everything but the teams consistently winning are signing majority 4-5 stars just saying.

The model in which star ratings are applied to players has been discussed ad nauseum in the RF. Can’t believe anyone who spends time over here still puts stock into it.

Reactions: FïreBall
Anyone can say start ratings don’t matter but go look at the teams consistently making the playoff and I’ll show you 4-5 star recruits everywhere.

Did he throw a UT shirt on the ground? I'm tired of recruits insulting teams on top of not picking them. It's so disrespectful to staffs that put in the time and grind to convince these dudes to come. I'm not saying that these coaches keep it 100 all the time, but still, show some class.

Anyone can say start ratings don’t matter but go look at the teams consistently making the playoff and I’ll show you 4-5 star recruits everywhere.
Rankings are not absolute.. Even if they were.. UT isn't in the position at the moment to pass on guys hoping they are only going to land a 4-5 star recruit. If Pruitt likes a high 3 star that means he sees potential.. After a year of proper coaching and training that 3 star could be a 4-5 star if he had a do over.. Way too many dynamics than to rely on the service rankings.. Maybe in couple of years then the situation will be different.. But not at the moment..

We got a gazer here! Sound the alarm!!!
Alabama, Clemson, UGA, OSU rinse repeat they all have one thing in common. Five stars all over the roster. Stars aren’t everything but you’re an idiot if there isn’t a direct positive correlation between the amount of 4-5 stars and winning national championships which is the goal at Tennessee. In before “when was UGAs last national championship” and “*insert group of 5 team* beat so in so without 5 stars.” Do you want to win championships or not? Some 3 stars and lower end up being amazing players and some 4-5 stars are busts but I know the teams winning big are signing majority 4-5 stars and good coaching.

We got a gazer here! Sound the alarm!!!

Is Clemson winning the National Championship with a whole roster of 3* players? Is Nick Saban dominating the SEC with a roster full of 3* players?

In basketball, it doesn’t mean as much but football, you need elite prospects all over the field if you’re wanting to compete with the big boys.

Yes, great coaching and developing 2-3* players can be a good thing if you’re in a lower tier conference but in the SEC, you’re constantly going up against the best of the best.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back