Congrats to state of Tennessee for executing justice on Stephen West last night.

Everyone of the little angels that was convicted of murder were just snatched off of the street taking their grandmother to church. You people amaze me at how you think some of these murderers are loveable little creatures.

Wow. Senility setting in?

I'm all for cruel and unusual punishment in certain situations. El Paso comes to mind. Maybe the threat of torture would deter some. Wouldn't bother me a bit if someone went to work on the animals convicted of Channon/Chris with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. Sparky is an easy way out for some of these sub humans.

You've been watching Pulp Fiction again, haven't you?;)

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
No. Evidently I failed in attempting to make my point. I'll try again.

1. We know 166 people were given the death penalty and years later they were exonerated. Almost always because good people dedicated a substantial amount of time and money to right the ultimate mistake the State can make.

2. We know the government has executed innocent people. There have even been post execution exonerations.

3. The only way to prevent the government from possibly executing an innocent American citizen is to take that power away from them.

4. It's more moral to prevent one innocent citizen from the death penalty than to execute those who are guilty especially when they can be given life without parole.

We don't trust the government to get a lot less important things than this correct so why should we trust them on this issue.

I'd bet that most of those 166 were convicted BEFORE DNA science.

If them living saves just 1 innocent from being executed? Yes without question.
What if they murder another another inmate or guard while in prison? What if they escape and murder someone while they are out? What about those innocent people?

Lots of questions that surround the death penalty. I do support it, but I also support more stringent guide lines before imposing it. The taking of a life should never be taken lightly. Certainty of guilt should be absolute.

And as I've stated previously, I think child molesters should face the death penalty.

What if they murder another another inmate or guard while in prison? What if they escape and murder someone while they are out? What about those innocent people?

What if the state executes an innocent with your tax dollars?

What if just 1 person wasn't killed because the possibility of being executed prevented a potential murderer from doing the crime?

We can what if till the cows come home and you won’t change my mind.

As dude said earlier, we can’t trust the government to do anything but you trust them to decide life or death. Not I.

Yes, but you're also guaranteeing that the state will kill someone to prevent a potential, but highly unlikely, outcome (a jailed murderer murdering again).
No I'm guaranteeing after the sentence is carried out no one else will be killed by the person who was executed.

Why can't you understand this? It's not that hard.

Peers decide. The government carries it out.

The government has unlimited funds and collects all of the evidence to convince your peers that you are guilty.

Hey I have no problem with killing those that deserve killing, I just don’t think the justice system is trustworthy enough to decide who deserves it.

The government has unlimited funds and collects all of the evidence to convince your peers that you are guilty.

Hey I have no problem with killing those that deserve killing, I just don’t think the justice system is trustworthy enough to decide who deserves it.

The state would also have to find 12 dishonest or stupid jurors.

VN Store

Back