Eric Gray detailed to be a matchup nightmare in the SEC

These are the type of players we need , besides more quality lineman on both sides of the ball, to be competitive in the SEC. Playmakers that can make something happen

Alvin kamara 2.0 wouldn't be a bad thing.

This is becoming a thing and i think the coaches are trying to hide it as much as possible. I’ve seen probably 10-15 tweets by guys like Swain and others talking about Gray w/ Kamara like comparisons. This could be the game changer we need .

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
This is becoming a thing and i think the coaches are trying to hide it as much as possible. I’ve seen probably 10-15 tweets by guys like Swain and others talking about Gray w/ Kamara like comparisons. This could be the game changer we need .

AK was a freak and a once in a decade type player. Everyone except Butch Jones knew it. Gray sounds like he's got some nice skills but can we please stop with any AK comparisons? It's just not happening...

AK was a freak and a once in a decade type player. Everyone except Butch Jones knew it. Gray sounds like he's got some nice skills but can we please stop with any AK comparisons? It's just not happening...

I obviously haven’t seen him take a snap, just relaying what former players are saying. It’s also not fair to Gray to have the AK comparison, but just to be mentioned in the same sentence and then have a lot smoke following it is a pretty good thing. We are due to have 2-3 guys come on campus and have an immediate impact. Sounds like Henry T is moving in that direction as well.

Let's tap the brakes until he plays some games..

There's a huge difference from going against small Shelby County private school competition to playing in the SEC. Laussane would have out-talented 90% of their competition if Gray never enrolled there. Marlon Brown was a man amongst boys at a similar school but was Just A Guy at UGA...

Reactions: 08Vol
Chandler and Jordan are already solid backs, but having Gray make an immediate impact, just improves the depth and RB rotation even more. Hopefully he is eased in.

Reactions: savannahfan
AK was a guy who for various reasons couldn't cut it at Bama and got a 2nd chance at UT. There's always a danger that overhyping someone can hurt them.

I don't like comparisons like this generally. But it does sound like the guy has unique talent.

Gray is the real deal and with the depth change up style of running from all the top 4 RB the offense is going to be something special this year.
Gray can change direction without losing speed better than almost all NFL backs right now and I dont care what level you play on that kind of talent will dominate

Who is the only person in America that can hold AK under 6 yards per carry? That's right...butch freaking Jones. SMH...

If the new kid can be 3/4 of what AK is then he will be a great Vol and play on Sundays. Chaney is good at getting the best players touches in space where they can use their elusiveness. You can bet the farm that Chaney has been looking hard for matchups that he can exploit...so of that means isolating Gray on a LB then the kid can have a great season as long as the Oline can hold their blocks long enough for Gray to get out of the back field....

Gray is the real deal and with the depth change up style of running from all the top 4 RB the offense is going to be something special this year.
Gray can change direction without losing speed better than almost all NFL backs right now and I dont care what level you play on that kind of talent will dominate
D4H?

Reactions: 08Vol and Mtnvol80
These are the type guys that when used properly can change the outcome of a game... he stays in the playbook and I’m sure he will be a difference maker but can’t beat his body up too much we need him for at least another two years...

VN Store

Back