Eric Gray detailed to be a matchup nightmare in the SEC

Let's tap the brakes until he plays some games..

There's a huge difference from going against small Shelby County private school competition to playing in the SEC. Laussane would have out-talented 90% of their competition if Gray never enrolled there. Marlon Brown was a man amongst boys at a similar school but was Just A Guy at UGA...
Pump the brakes? Those brake lines are cut here..

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Gray is the real deal and with the depth change up style of running from all the top 4 RB the offense is going to be something special this year.
Gray can change direction without losing speed better than almost all NFL backs right now and I dont care what level you play on that kind of talent will dominate
You sound as though you've seen him play?

Reactions: Bluetick7578
The thing that stood out about Gray to me is his vision. I realize it is high school highlights but it was amazing. He always seemed to hit the right lane, and then make tacklers miss.
I don’t know how good he’ll be but I’m sure looking forward to seeing him touch the ball!

I hope Pruitt gives him just a few plays in each of our first games and then unleashes him against the Gators.

I hate this approach and our previous coaches always tried it with the same results, losses to UF. We have 3 games to get our guys battle tested. I want to know if the freshman running back still protects the ball in the 4th quarter after being hit 15 times BEFORE we play UF. I’m tired of our coaches trying to hide players’ abilities and calling vanilla offenses in the games leading up to the UF game. Spurrier was slaughtering his early season opponents with big plays and that never gave us an advantage

It has been a long time since there has been a running back phenomenon along the lines of Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson. I don't think it is unreasonable to hope that Eric Gray will be that guy. During recruiting he was considered to be a rather limited scatback type, but I just have a feeling that we have something special going on here.

Sorry, meant to put this in the FF

Last edited:

VN Store

Back