Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this! I spotted this in one of the locker room interviews - maybe it's always been there but I never noticed it before.
View attachment 216996
it has. several teams have little slogans in the jersey like that.

the carolina panthers is "keep pounding", a maxim brought on due to a speach the late great Sam Mills gave to the team as a coach back in 2003, as he was battling cancer, and he summed it up with a "just keep pounding".

so it took off and is more or less the official maxim of Panthers football, and is on the collar like "my all"....

and yeah, it's pretty cool.
1565379944008.png

Taking my 3 year old son to his first game Aug 31st. He’s got a new Peyton Jersey he’s wearing. He keeps asking me every day if it’s time to go ride the bus (Kat bus he remembers from orange and white game) and go to the big field with all the numbers on it. There’s nothing like stepping through that tunnel and seeing the field below. I told myself not to get excited but seeing his excitement already has me sucked back in. It’s about to be the best time of the year boys
Yep, can't wait. Even we we're bad, I can't wait til college football season starts. OTOH, I'm a high school teacher, so my eagerness for the season to start is tempered by the realization that that also means my summer break is over.

For the love of God....He did not quit because he was moved to guard. He played guard most of last season. He knew he would be in the rotation at either guard or tackle this season and was absolutely not worried about playing time. He has been dealing with back issues since Spring, and several concussions before that. No, I am not his mother nor his father. No, I am not Nathan as some one on here suggested. Yes, I do know him very well. His back pain was not “minor”. He has had multiple treatments and therapies with no resolution. He feels like his body has had enough, and he decided to leave the game of football. It’s that simple. He’s not transferring to play elsewhere, and plans to finish his degree in criminal justice.

He participated in three practices at tackle, was moved to guard during practice four, told the coaches afterward he was done with football and left the team. He did not sustain an injury in practice and was medically cleared to play. He had been receiving treatment and managing pain, like many other players. Numerous players have had multiple concussions and deal with pain. Jauan Jennings has had two knee surgeries since January. Trey Smith is dealing with recurring blood clots. They're with the team, supporting their teammates from the sidelines when they can't practice or play. That is their choice. Nathan Niehaus made a different one.

Now, those are facts. If you find them offensive, that's your issue, not mine.

Man I don't care what a poster says about what is happening, unless he is on staff, or is Pruitt himself. I will always give our boys the benefit of the doubt. NO ONE knows what a kid's personal situation is or what he goes through. NO ONE. So how about we not dump on a 20 year old that is choosing to focus on his education and long-term health and support this kid? How hard is it to just be supportive? What good does any of this do? Just being crappy fans imo. That is not the Volunteer spirit.
He participated in three practices at tackle, was moved to guard during practice four, told the coaches afterward he was done with football and left the team. He did not sustain an injury in practice and was medically cleared to play. He had been receiving treatment and managing pain, like many other players. Numerous players have had multiple concussions and deal with pain. Jauan Jennings has had two knee surgeries since January. Trey Smith is dealing with recurring blood clots. They're with the team, supporting their teammates from the sidelines when they can't practice or play. That is their choice. Nathan Niehaus made a different one.

This is what I was referring to. If he quit because of solely injuries that’s fine. If he quit because he didn’t want to put in work and compete he’s mentally weak and that is consistent with a lot of Butch’s recruits. Thus the sole reason for my comment. I don’t know the kid. Hope he does well in life. We need 85 kids who have passion to play like Trey Smith though on this team

He participated in three practices at tackle, was moved to guard during practice four, told the coaches afterward he was done with football and left the team. He did not sustain an injury in practice and was medically cleared to play. He had been receiving treatment and managing pain, like many other players. Numerous players have had multiple concussions and deal with pain. Jauan Jennings has had two knee surgeries since January. Trey Smith is dealing with recurring blood clots. They're with the team, supporting from the sidelines when they can't practice or play. That is their choice. Nathan Niehaus made a different one.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. But it's the kid's life and career. He can do whatever he wants, and whatever he feels is best for him. I'm not going to bad-mouth a young man for his choices (unless one picks Florida in recruiting).

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of his reasons for stepping away from football. The only justification required is the one that matters the most to him. It's not worth elevating blood pressure over. I wish him the best in life. Next man up.

tenor (2).gif

Reactions: L'envol

this is where i'm at as well.

and i think it's important to note that this doens't make NN a bad kid or person or even teammate. it is a personal choice, and he's free to make it.

now, step back another level, and look at it orgnaizationally, and this is what i would probably classify as "addition by subtraction".

Reactions: LA Vol and SoilVol
Ron, there’s some buzz on VQ about Solomon...
addressed three theories in the war room as well as the podcast. Too many unknowns to say anything was screwed up.

1. We don't know when the paperwork was filed. Pruitt suggested it wasn't filed early in spring practice (no clue why if it was not filed earlier).
2. We don't know if the NCAA reviewed it and requested more information. We don't know.
3. Maybe they made an initial ruling and Tennessee is appealing it. We don't know.

I do know that in the past committees in the NCAA who make these rulings have met at random times. Those committees aren't working 8-5 jobs at the NCAA. Some committees meet once a month.
Hubbs

Reactions: UTSuave’
We had a scissor lift for filming practice at Caron Newman 20 years ago. This is not new.
I didn't say it was new?
Some schools have racks, some base pole systems, there's tons of things you can add for different angles and that can help show kids mistakes with technique you may miss, just like replay angles on tv.

this is where i'm at as well.

and i think it's important to note that this doens't make NN a bad kid or person or even teammate. it is a personal choice, and he's free to make it.

now, step back another level, and look at it orgnaizationally, and this is what i would probably classify as "addition by subtraction".

I agree-- it generally ends up being addition by subtraction when a player makes a personal choice to leave the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back