Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that with Emmit Gooden headed for a redshirt, we will have 6 seniors on the D-Line next year: EG, Williams, Middleton, Butler, Blakey, and Bumphus. Makes it even more important that this class have numbers and talent because they will compromise the bulk of our D-Line depth by their second year on campus.

Just realized that with Emmit Gooden headed for a redshirt, we will have 6 seniors on the D-Line next year: EG, Williams, Middleton, Butler, Blakey, and Bumphus. Makes it even more important that this class have numbers and talent because they will compromise the bulk of our D-Line depth by their second year on campus.
Yeah, that's why some were freaking out wanting at least a couple to commit before fall camp.

Woah. Didn't realize that at all.

He's right though. And mostly what he's doing is getting under Clemson fans skin and causing headlines. He's good at that stuff.
He’s not though. They didn’t “win the lottery.” They earned the money. Constant improvement, good coaching, and now it’s paying off with the brand/recruiting.

Edit: Or is he talking about the fans? In which case, yeah, screw em lol.

Reactions: Brillovol
Seems like there were several times when everything went vanilla near the end of games if we had any kind of lead. That man was so risk averse if we had anything to lose.
yep. so freaking annoying.
situational football was not his strong suit.

one of the things i'm anxious to see about this staff and how they handle similar situations.

yep. so freaking annoying.
situational football was not his strong suit.

one of the things i'm anxious to see about this staff and how they handle similar situations.
With all the former high skew ball coaches we have on staff, I think it's going to be fun.

That and Pruitt's absolute hatred for losing...

With all the former high skew ball coaches we have on staff, I think it's going to be fun.

That and Pruitt's absolute hatred for losing...
yeah, i don't think that can be overstated here.... just has to avoid the decisions that could cost us a game because he's wiling to be too risky. there's a fine line. Butch never strayed near that line. other coaches, will step over w/out a thought....there's a happy medium.

Another part of the mentally weak players brought in during Butch’s tenure. I feel like Pruitt looks for the stronger mental side as well. It’s why he’s posting Gainesvilles temperature at camp to the players. Playing in games or coaching in games like that doesn’t scare him and it didn’t scare other great coaches. (Don’t know if he’ll be great, just a common quality)

Smh. Calling the kid "weak" when you know nothing of what the kid is personally experiencing. Go rag on someone else or rag on millionaires playing the game.

yeah, i don't think that can be overstated here.... just has to avoid the decisions that could cost us a game because he's wiling to be too risky. there's a fine line. Butch never strayed near that line. other coaches, will step over w/out a thought....there's a happy medium.
I have a younger brother than reminds me of Pruitt. He would do or say anything to win, just couldn't stand losing. Too bad I was 8 years older than him.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I have a younger brother than reminds me of Pruitt. He would do or say anything to win, just couldn't stand losing. Too bad I was 8 years older than him.
lol. well, with that age difference, one thing you could teach him....is how to lose.

i tell my oldest....she's gotten way more competitive as she's gotten older, and she hates losing. her problem is she doesn't hate it enough to go do something about it (practice more on her own, outside organized practices)....so i spend a lot of time reminding her....you're gonna lose more than you win. so learn how to do that first. there can only be one "champion". you have to figure out a way to deal with that, and then figure out what you're willing to do to change it. you just can't whine about it.

My post was responding to a poster who is in the know more than others saying he quit. Calm down

Man I don't care what a poster says about what is happening, unless he is on staff, or is Pruitt himself. I will always give our boys the benefit of the doubt. NO ONE knows what a kid's personal situation is or what he goes through. NO ONE. So how about we not dump on a 20 year old that is choosing to focus on his education and long-term health and support this kid? How hard is it to just be supportive? What good does any of this do? Just being crappy fans imo. That is not the Volunteer spirit.

Last edited:
He was lining up right down from Trey Smith, who's willing to try anything for the chance to play. Underscores the difference in players and why this staff is going after the Treys.
yup.
football is hard. it's not for everybody. and that's ok. that's why the coaches' evaluation process is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back