Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're responsible for his personal growth? Choices? And Maturity; or lack thereof?

I don't think so.

Tell coach Tee about transferring out bc things don't go exactly your way.

It’s also preseason. Let’s see what Preston Williams has done at the end of the year. If he does well, good for him. But I clearly remember the staff trying to keep him interested early in 2015, and he didn’t help a whole lot.

Preston Williams is a football freak. He was the most misused football player in the history of the sport.

giphy.gif

Coming to Knoxville to play Cherokee CC tomorrow for the first time. I’m going to find some of these hidden tunnels where the Gruden deal almost got done.
I play out there once every few weeks. I haven’t found the tunnel yet but they’ve dug up the front around clubhouse. Could be building new tunnels

Reactions: JCLawyerVol
It's not even obviously fake because of the content, the word quote literally has quotations around it lol.

Jesus...... see this is why the site needs to be shut down. The twitter bio says it is a parody page because they got in Trouble with the fake Shae Patterson and other quotes they tried to play off as real

rewatching the Vols/ETSU game and it is just unbelievable how bad our OL was last year. I mean ETSU is all over JG. They can't even block the mighty Buccaneers. All of this hope about winning 7-8 games depends on Friend coaching his unit up. They were absolutely horrendous.

Like really bad. It was criminal what we did to JG the last 2 years. If he has a line, he lights up everyone.

So the football forum is a complete **** show as usual. Any one have any actual info on Neihaus? Injury or did he just quit? Enquiring minds would like to know. Screw Spell Check lol

He quit. He wasn't injured in practice and he was medically cleared to play. He'd been managing minor pain, but after Tuesday's practice, he told the coaches he was done. It was right after they moved him to guard and he realized he was going to fall down the depth chart. Sounds like he didn't want to deal with the grind if he wasn't going to be a starter... or put in the work to stay in the 2-deep.

He quit. He wasn't injured in practice and he was medically cleared to play. He'd been managing minor pain, but after Tuesday's practice, he told the coaches he was done. It was right after they moved him to guard and he realized he was going to fall down the depth chart. Sounds like he didn't want to deal with the grind if he wasn't going to be a starter... or put in the work to stay in the 2-deep.

Disappointing to hear this, when you got other players who'd be out there 100% if healthy. Melvin McBride, Chance Hall & Jack Jones as well as the others would still be grinding if they could be medically cleared and he just walks away like this (while on scholarship)...seems selfish.

Another part of the mentally weak players brought in during Butch’s tenure. I feel like Pruitt looks for the stronger mental side as well. It’s why he’s posting Gainesvilles temperature at camp to the players. Playing in games or coaching in games like that doesn’t scare him and it didn’t scare other great coaches. (Don’t know if he’ll be great, just a common quality)

Disappointing to hear this, when you got other players who'd be out there 100% if healthy. Melvin McBride, Chance Hall & Jack Jones as well as the others would still be grinding if they could be medically cleared and he just walks away like this (while on scholarship)...seems selfish.

He was lining up right down from Trey Smith, who's willing to try anything for the chance to play. Underscores the difference in players and why this staff is going after the Treys.

Speaking of Preston Williams. I literally don't remember his recruitment whatsoever. I pulled up his 247 profile and he only had a few crystal balls in favor of South Carolina and UGA. Did he just commit out of nowhere? I recall the recruitments of pretty much all the high profile commits in that 16' cycle but him.

Committed early and was pretty solid. Got sent home from a late Auburn visit for being all Vol. should have been the all time leading receiver here but had some early struggles then bounced. Some questioned his full commitment to football

Committed early and was pretty solid. Got sent home from a late Auburn visit for being all Vol. should have been the all time leading receiver here but had some early struggles then bounced. Some questioned his full commitment to football

I think there was a lack of commitment to Butch, too. Big talent, but he needed a different kind of coach.

The best part I think about UT moving forward is I truly feel like all the coaches for the major sports are of the same cultural mindset.

Barnes, Harper, Tony, Pruitt, the Weeklys all of them are focused on building teams that put in the effort off the field/court to better themselves. Building great people, not just players.

CJP would never have recruited Nathan Niehaus and I bet he knew it. His physique fit OT and a spread O where mobility and shielding zone blocks works better. OT's have to be maulers in this system. Playing G is not what he wanted to do having done it the season before, so time to move on. All new HC's sweep rosters clean and use their guys that fit their new systems if the holdovers are not capable or willing. Happens all the time throughout programs all over the country.

That and Azzanni literally hated him for whatever reasons. Was a witness to a couple of events on the practice field.

Irreconcilable differences. Butch did nothing to change it so I assume he approved of him no longer being a Vol.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Jesus...... see this is why the site needs to be shut down. The twitter bio says it is a parody page because they got in Trouble with the fake Shae Patterson and other quotes they tried to play off as real
Weird. Just making up fake quotes doesn't make you a parody, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back