Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. And if giving the coach the specifics.. coach shouldn't expect him to lose a year of eligibility for a quarter or 2. Be there and supporting team , and refusing to play, looks better than quitting team... that's just imo though
Coach SHOULD do everything in their power to WIN. Bryant’s dressed for that game and Lawrence goes down? How does it LOOK then if Bryant tells him no? Clean break was clean.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
That’s why they talk beforehand. Things like this happen all the time when redshirts are at stake. Coaches leave playing that game that burns a year up to the kid when it’s a gray area all the time
Not always true. LSU burnt a true freshman db’s redshirt in the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME some seasons back...and they should’ve! Team goals always take precedence.

Not always true. LSU burnt a true freshman db’s redshirt in the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME some seasons back...and they should’ve! Team goals always take precedence.

The kid from LSU should have had a say in that and I bet he did.

Keep in mind there is a big difference between blaming the kid for leaving and thinking he deserves a ring. I don’t blame him for leaving and hate the ncaa rule allows and encourages kids to quit during the year.

However he doesn’t deserve a ring

Reactions: volatil
Cept Hurts had an extra year to play with...and Bama doesn’t go to the playoffs without him.

He could have transferred immediately, but just waited a year, was a team player, and then hit the grad transfer market. I think that’s more noble than Bryant taking his ball and going home after losing his starting job.

The kid from LSU should have had a say in that and I bet he did.

Keep in mind there is a big difference between blaming the kid for leaving and thinking he deserves a ring. I don’t blame him for leaving and hate the ncaa rule allows and encourages kids to quit during the year.

However he doesn’t deserve a ring
You put em in that situation, you live with the results. Ring thing’s moot...never argued otherwise (neither did he), this is all ESPN talking head and message board instigators background noise. My one rebuttal to Bryant is his not so quiet disgruntlement at losing the starting job. Not differing with his competitive spirit but that WE heard it. Brings back AJ Suggs/Matt Simms memories when Casey Clausen/Tyler Bray won the starting jobs away from them. Drew Bledsoe wasn’t happy and definitely didn’t agree when he didn’t regain the nod over Brady...but we never got a sound bite.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
He could have transferred immediately, but just waited a year, was a team player, and then hit the grad transfer market. I think that’s more noble than Bryant taking his ball and going home after losing his starting job.
Bryant plays a single additional snap and his career’s over. Just not the same situation as Hurts.

So the football forum is a complete **** show as usual. Any one have any actual info on Neihaus? Injury or did he just quit? Enquiring minds would like to know. Screw Spell Check lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back