Georgia dismisses another projected starter

UGA's 2017 defense was better than the 2018 defense. Not really a biased statement at all there. UGA lost almost its entire front seven and dropped to the bottom of the league in sacks. Fromm has accomplished just as much as Hurts has. Fromm outplayed him in the NC and both were the SEC FPOY. Acting like Hurts is a better QB than Fromm would be your Bama bias showing. I know Bama fans think only their players are good and no other team has players better than theirs, but there is a reason Fromm is listed ahead of Hurts on every mock draft. It's certainly possible Riley helps Hurts improve his draft stock, but right now he's significantly behind Fromm.

Acting like Fromm has actually accomplished something with his 2500 annual yards, not likely. Game manager at best with a loaded team in a very weak division of college football. Congratulations.

And Jalen Hurts was SEC POY not freshman POY. There is actually a difference. I realize to a dawg fan all trophies are equal in your world, but for everyone else, not really. You be sure and visit the Paul Bryant Museum on your trip to Tuscaloosa next season. Talk about a glimpse into college football reality.

You are misremembering. The score was 21-14 Georgia in the first half of the SECCG and 21-7 Alabama in the second half. In the natty, Georgia has the halftime lead at 13-0 and had a 223 yard to 94 total yard lead. Give the dawgs the first 2 quarters 13-0, even though Bama missed a wide-open receiver for a TD and an easy field-goal. In the last 2 quarters, with Tua, Bama eventually caught up and outgained Georgia in total yards, 371-365. Out gaining the dawgs in 277 yards to 142 and outscoring them 27 to 10 in the 2nd half. Bama clearly won the last 2 quarters and pretty much blitz Georgia in the 4th quarter both times.

Again I ask, where was Fromm while all this stuff was going on?
Not misremembering. Mid third quarter of the natty, Fromm hit Hardman for an 80-yard TD to re-extend the lead to 13, then was able to hold Alabama to FGs on their next couple possessions. That was a huge score, because Georgia was immediately able to answer Alabama's first points of the game. I wasn't convinced because it's Bama we're talking about, but it really seemed like Georgia was going to win the game at that point. Georgia had outplayed Alabama consistently up until Alabama's first scoring drive, but then immediately after that Georgia hits a bomb and nullified it. In the SECCG, Georgia blew two separate two-possession leads - one in the first half, and one in the second. Georgia also controlled time of possession in both games and just controlled the game for a majority of the playing time.

No argument that Fromm fades in big spots; you can make the same argument about Tua outside of his relief appearance in the natty. Tua has had a very limited amount of big spots he's actually had to play in, though.

Acting like Fromm has actually accomplished something with his 2500 annual yards, not likely. Game manager at best with a loaded team in a very weak division of college football. Congratulations.

And Jalen Hurts was SEC POY not freshman POY. There is actually a difference. I realize to a dawg fan all trophies are equal in your world, but for everyone else, not really. You be sure and visit the Paul Bryant Museum on your trip to Tuscaloosa next season. Talk about a glimpse into college football reality.
I mean, Fromm outplayed Hurts after leading his team to the playoffs as a true freshman. UGA had the #1 SoS last year, so you'll need a new narrative about the weak division. He then outplayed your god Tua in the SECC with less help at WR and against a better defense. If Fromm is so bad, why did he pick apart bama? What will be your excuse when Fromm is drafted ahead of Hurts?
Fromm- 25/39, 301, 3/0

Not misremembering. Mid third quarter of the natty, Fromm hit Hardman for an 80-yard TD to re-extend the lead to 13, then was able to hold Alabama to FGs on their next couple possessions. That was a huge score, because Georgia was immediately able to answer Alabama's first points of the game. I wasn't convinced because it's Bama we're talking about, but it really seemed like Georgia was going to win the game at that point. Georgia had outplayed Alabama consistently up until Alabama's first scoring drive, but then immediately after that Georgia hits a bomb and nullified it. In the SECCG, Georgia blew two separate two-possession leads - one in the first half, and one in the second. Georgia also controlled time of possession in both games and just controlled the game for a majority of the playing time.

No argument that Fromm fades in big spots; you can make the same argument about Tua outside of his relief appearance in the natty. Tua has had a very limited amount of big spots he's actually had to play in, though.
Fromm is 2-2 in his biggest games. Led a game tying drive against OU in the playoffs, kind of odd you don't consider that a big game since if UGA lost it you would. He also put Auburn away in the SECC to advance to the playoffs, again odd this isn't a big game when you count the other SECC as big.

Ok and how did he do against the best defenses he played?
UGA- 10/25, 164, 1/2
Clemson- 22/34, 295, 2/2
When Tua plays against comparable talent, he is mediocre. His last two games against top 25 defenses show that. Tua rarely plays teams that can match bama with talent, so he's generally fine. The NFL won't give him the talent differential he gets to enjoy at Bama.

You know he was hurt at the beginning of the SECCG. He went through georgia like a knife through hot butter as a freshman. Kind of why he was elected MVP of the game. I must admit your most excellent defense did really well against Jalen in the clutch. My bad, there's that word again, clutch.

That's what I'm trying to tell you, Fromm hasn't been clutch. At this point maybe it's just genetics. But nothing about the guy says, difference-maker.

The Oklahoma game in the Rose Bowl was also basically Sony Michel and Nick Chubbs taking turns breaking off long TD runs to keep the dawgs in the scoring fest. Even the winning TD in OT was Sony Michel lining up in the wildcat and taking it to the house. Fromm did a nice job of handing the ball off to these guys though. But then, that's what game managers are supposed to do.

You know he was hurt at the beginning of the SECCG. He went through georgia like a knife through hot butter as a freshman. Kind of why he was elected MVP of the game. I must admit your most excellent defense did really well against Jalen in the clutch. My bad, there's that word again, clutch.

That's what I'm trying to tell you, Fromm hasn't been clutch. At this point maybe it's just genetics. But nothing about the guy says, difference-maker.

The Oklahoma game in the Rose Bowl was also basically Sony Michel and Nick Chubbs taking turns breaking off long TD runs to keep the dawgs in the scoring fest. Even the winning TD in OT was Sony Michel lining up in the wildcat and taking it to the house. Fromm did a nice job of handing the ball off to these guys though. But then, that's what game managers are supposed to do.
lol Fromm went 6/6 on the final drive for 68 yards including 2/2 on 3rd down. Where was Tua's clutch in the SECC or against Clemson? Seems he doesn't do well now that teams can gameplan for him. Tua got clownstomped by the best defenses he played in 2018. Sad how insecure Bama fans have become since Trevor Lawrence stole their soul. If Fromm- 25/39, 301, 3/0 is a game manager, I'll take that all day. Let's bookmark this thread for the NFL draft. ;)

Fromm is 2-2 in his biggest games. Led a game tying drive against OU in the playoffs, kind of odd you don't consider that a big game since if UGA lost it you would. He also put Auburn away in the SECC to advance to the playoffs, again odd this isn't a big game when you count the other SECC as big.
He had very little to do with that comeback against Oklahoma. Chubb and Michel each had long TD runs that made that a game again. Fromm was efficient yes, didn't make mistakes, but he did not pull them back into that game.

Against Auburn in the SECCG...that's game manager stuff, man. 16/22 for 183 and a couple TDs. Georgia rushed the ball 41 times at 5.8 YPC in that game; that's why they won.

He had very little to do with that comeback against Oklahoma. Chubb and Michel each had long TD runs that made that a game again. Fromm was efficient yes, didn't make mistakes, but he did not pull them back into that game.

Against Auburn in the SECCG...that's game manager stuff, man. 16/22 for 183 and a couple TDs. Georgia rushed the ball 41 times at 5.8 YPC in that game; that's why they won.
Neither Michel nor Chubb had long runs on the game tying drive. Keep moving those goalposts though.

How'd they get in position to tie the game at the end to begin with?
OU got a scoop and score off a Sony Michel fumble. Next question or just stop moving the goalposts... Fromm went 25/39, 301, 3/0 in the SECC, but didn't win, so he's not clutch. Fromm leads UGA on a game tying drive at the end of the Rose Bowl, in the playoffs, is perfect on the drive and on third down, but since he didn't throw for 400 yards, it doesn't count. You seem to be bouncing back and forth between clutch and production when the two aren't mutually exclusive. A player can be wildly productive and not clutch or the other way around or both. You're cherry picking data right now to push a narrative. It's like focusing on all of MJ's missed game winning shots and ignoring the ones he hit. Unless you include all relevant data, you are pushing a biased narrative. Saying Fromm is never clutch is just as false as saying he always is.

Last edited:
OU got a scoop and score off a Sony Michel fumble. Next question or just stop moving the goalposts... Fromm went 25/39, 301, 3/0 in the SECC, but didn't win, so he's not clutch. Fromm leads UGA on a game tying drive at the end of the Rose Bowl, in the playoffs, is perfect on the drive and on third down, but since he didn't throw for 400 yards, it doesn't count. You seem to be bouncing back and forth between clutch and production when the two aren't mutually exclusive. A player can be wildly productive and not clutch or the other way around or both. You're cherry picking data right now to push a narrative.
It had nothing to do with long TD runs in the third quarter when Georgia was down 2 scores? Pretty sure before Georgia could tie the game at 45 they had to dig out of a 31-17 hole.

I'm not saying Fromm didn't play poorly in that game - he just isn't the reason they won. I'm saying you can't really speak to an instance in a big game that makes you go "Man, Jake Fromm...made huge plays there and they don't win without him."

lol Fromm went 6/6 on the final drive for 68 yards including 2/2 on 3rd down. Where was Tua's clutch in the SECC or against Clemson? Seems he doesn't do well now that teams can gameplan for him. Tua got clownstomped by the best defenses he played in 2018. Sad how insecure Bama fans have become since Trevor Lawrence stole their soul. If Fromm- 25/39, 301, 3/0 is a game manager, I'll take that all day. Let's bookmark this thread for the NFL draft. ;)

You don't have to wait for the NFL draft to start your bookmarking. You aren't getting out of the SECCG, again. We'll see your game manager and those annual 2500 passing yards and we shall also see if he doesn't swallow that tongue again in the 4th quarter. It is after all more of a tradition than not at this point.

It had nothing to do with long TD runs in the third quarter when Georgia was down 2 scores? Pretty sure before Georgia could tie the game at 45 they had to dig out of a 31-17 hole.

I'm not saying Fromm didn't play poorly in that game - he just isn't the reason they won. I'm saying you can't really speak to an instance in a big game that makes you go "Man, Jake Fromm...made huge plays there and they don't win without him."
If Fromm isn't perfect on the game tying drive, then UGA loses. Whether he had a massive game or not, when the game was on the line and UGA needed a QB to move the ball through the air to tie the game, Fromm did that. That's literally what clutch is. When the game was on the line, Fromm delivered . Also, UGA took the lead on a TD pass from Fromm to Wims. Then OU answered, Michel fumbled, and then Fromm leads the game tying drive before OT. So yes, Fromm had a clutch 4th quarter and a clutch game tying drive. You just keep moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
You don't have to wait for the NFL draft to start your bookmarking. You aren't getting out of the SECCG, again. We'll see your game manager and those annual 2500 passing yards and we shall also see if he doesn't swallow that tongue again in the 4th quarter. It is after all more of a tradition than not at this point.
Who is your backup to Tua? Without one we know bama can't beat UGA. Better hope Tua doesn't shite the bed again in the SECC.

Who is your backup to Tua? Without one we know bama can't beat UGA. Better hope Tua doesn't shite the bed again in the SECC.

Who yours? And if you say that kid up at Ohio State, I'll know for sure you really aren't paying attention to college football. Which I'm already highly suspecting.

Who yours? And if you say that kid up at Ohio State, I'll know for sure you really aren't paying attention to college football. Which I'm already highly suspecting.
Dwan Mathis and Stetson Bennet... Funny how I know UGA's backups but you can't answer the same question about bama.

If Fromm isn't perfect on the game tying drive, then UGA loses. Whether he had a massive game or not, when the game was on the line and UGA needed a QB to move the ball through the air to tie the game, Fromm did that. That's literally what clutch is. When the game was on the line, Fromm delivered . Also, UGA took the lead on a TD pass from Fromm to Wims. Then OU answered, Michel fumbled, and then Fromm leads the game tying drive before OT. So yes, Fromm had a clutch 4th quarter and a clutch game tying drive. You just keep moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

Be honest, Oklahoma had literally the worse defense you guys had seen all year. That bunch couldn't get their LBers lined up enough to get in the gap of an off-tackle running play, all game. That was embarrassing. So embarrassing that the last Stoops in Norman was permanently sent to the showers. You got behind for a lot of the game because the sooner's QB Baker Mayfield was anything but a game manager. If he had sued the sooner defense for non-support, he would have won the case before it got to a jury trial.

Dwan Mathis and Stetson Bennet... Funny how I know UGA's backups but you can't answer the same question about bama.

Are you in the 1st grade? Mac Jones, a 3rd-year player and second in command right now. I say right now because we also snagged Tua's little brother, Lia Tongavailoa, and from what he showed this spring can move the team. Who would have thunked it? And we also have the great-grandson of coach Bryant. Paul Tyson. Both freshmen came with high credentials. But you didn't know that, or otherwise, you wouldn't have been so silly as to bring it up in the first place.

Be honest, Oklahoma had literally the worse defense you guys had seen all year. That bunch couldn't get their LBers lined up enough to get in the gap of an off-tackle running play, all game. That was embarrassing. So embarrassing that the last Stoops in Norman was permanently sent to the showers. You got behind for a lot of the game because the sooner's QB Baker Mayfield was anything but a game manager. If he had sued the sooner defense for non-support, he would have won the case before it got to a jury trial.
Why has Oklahoma had that problem with their defense for years? It isn't limited to one set of players, or one DC, or one particular season. In the Stoops/Riley has Oklahoma ever had what you'd call a shutdown, elite defense? It's curious because Stoops was a defensive guy. Some years are better than others, but I can't remember a year where they had a nationally dominant one. The 2000 national title year maybe?

I even thought Brent Venables, who's now thought as maybe the best DC in the country, had inconsistent defenses that oftentimes didn't play as well as their athleticism or recruiting rankings would indicate.

Why has Oklahoma had that problem with their defense for years? It isn't limited to one set of players, or one DC, or one particular season. In the Stoops/Riley has Oklahoma ever had what you'd call a shutdown, elite defense? It's curious because Stoops was a defensive guy. Some years are better than others, but I can't remember a year where they had a nationally dominant one. The 2000 national title year maybe?

I even thought Brent Venables, who's now thought as maybe the best DC in the country, had inconsistent defenses that oftentimes didn't play as well as their athleticism or recruiting rankings would indicate.
Damn good question .. and honestly, it seems to keep getting worse .. last year was one of the worst pass defenses I had ever seen in a top tier bowl game

That's some serious scientific info you got there. You must be a head coach?
Merely pointing out how good y’alls offensive line is. My point being Tua has ALL day to survey the field usually. He was rarely rushed or running for his life for the most part of last season.

Are you in the 1st grade? Mac Jones, a 3rd-year player and second in command right now. I say right now because we also snagged Tua's little brother, Lia Tongavailoa, and from what he showed this spring can move the team. Who would have thunked it? And we also have the great-grandson of coach Bryant. Paul Tyson. Both freshmen came with high credentials. But you didn't know that, or otherwise, you wouldn't have been so silly as to bring it up in the first place.
lol wtf are you talking about? I asked you a question and then you didn't answer and chose to answer with a different question. I didn't ask you as a test. I asked you to find out who they were. Relax buddy. Its very clear to me that we won't find any common ground. Lets just agree to disagree at this point. Cheers

VN Store

Back