Georgia dismisses another projected starter

You haven't figured out how Georgia got beat in both Bama games yet? This is the total points they've scored against our defense in the 4th quarter of both games: 0, that's spelled zero.

This magnificent QB they have, what do you think is the deal with that? Does he have the clutch gene? Can he carry a team on his shoulders with all that talent and be the difference-maker?
Oh I know how they got beat - they gagged late in both games. They entered the fourth quarter of the national title game with a 10 point lead and had a 14 point lead midway through the third quarter of the SECCG. If you outplay your opponent for 3 or even 3.5 quarters, you should win the game.

Richt was fired because he couldn't get over the hump - "the hump" wasn't always the same team. It was Alabama once, it was Florida a bunch of times, it was LSU early in his career. It's early, but so far Kirby hasn't been able to get over it either. Just so happens it's been Alabama both times.

I know Georgia wasn't favored in either game against Alabama. I said they should have won because they blew multi-possession leads in both games and outplayed Alabama for significant portions of both games. Even if you are an underdog, losing in the fashion they did is a rough way to go.
My point is if Bama was favored, then they clearly had the better team. 2017 for sure and 2018 UGA had talent, but was too young. The issue is Saban is a better coach and the talent is tipped in his favor. I think Kirby will learn more as he gets more experience, but right now Saban has a wealth of knowledge that Kirby simply doesn’t have.

My point is if Bama was favored, then they clearly had the better team. 2017 for sure and 2018 UGA had talent, but was too young. The issue is Saban is a better coach and the talent is tipped in his favor. I think Kirby will learn more as he gets more experience, but right now Saban has a wealth of knowledge that Kirby simply doesn’t have.
They were thought to have had the better team coming into the game, yes. It ended up that Georgia was the better team on each of those particular days, for significant portions of the game, yet didn't win.

You haven't figured out how Georgia got beat in both Bama games yet? This is the total points they've scored against our defense in the 4th quarter of both games: 0, that's spelled zero.

This magnificent QB they have, what do you think is the deal with that? Does he have the clutch gene? Can he carry a team on his shoulders with all that talent and be the difference-maker?
lol why are Bama fans so insecure? No one said Bama didn’t win those games. Considering Fromm lit Bama up as a freshman and sophomore means he’s a legit QB. Considering he led a game tying drive against OU in the playoffs, I think it’s safe to assume he’s clutch. The real question is, why does Tua struggle against top defenses? His last two performances against top 25 defenses have been mediocre at best.

They were thought to have had the better team coming into the game, yes. It ended up that Georgia was the better team on each of those particular days, for significant portions of the game, yet didn't win.
Because you have to be a better team for 4 quarters. Bama out-depthed UGA in both games. Also, a 10 point lead isn’t insurmountable. If your team is up 10 points going into the 4th, they haven’t massively outplayed the other team.

Oh I know how they got beat - they gagged late in both games. They entered the fourth quarter of the national title game with a 10 point lead and had a 14 point lead midway through the third quarter of the SECCG. If you outplay your opponent for 3 or even 3.5 quarters, you should win the game.

Also, the only team that could rush the football in the 4th quarter was Alabama. In both games, Bama proved to be the more physical team.

What is it about Fromm that has everyone so excited? I watched the LSU game and Georgia was getting outplayed, why wasn't their QB a difference-maker down in BR, at least to the point he could keep it competitive? No points in the 4th quarter vs Bama, how does that keep happening? Fromm found himself in another slugfest in the Sugar Bowl vs Texas in the very next game and again, no rally, no, follow me, boys. No late-game heroics.

Because you have to be a better team for 4 quarters. Bama out-depthed UGA in both games. Also, a 10 point lead isn’t insurmountable. If your team is up 10 points going into the 4th, they haven’t massively outplayed the other team.
No you don't.

Also, the only team that could rush the football in the 4th quarter was Alabama. In both games, Bama proved to be the more physical team.

What is it about Fromm that has everyone so excited? I watched the LSU game and Georgia was getting outplayed, why wasn't their QB a difference-maker down in BR, at least to the point he could keep it competitive? No points in the 4th quarter vs Bama, how does that keep happening? Fromm found himself in another slugfest in the Sugar Bowl vs Texas in the very next game and again, no rally, no, follow me, boys. No late-game heroics.
Why has tua been so ineffective against top defenses? Had to be benched against UGA and got outplayed by a true freshman against Clemson. Neither game did he rally the team. No follow me boys. Couldn’t lead a more talented team against a less talented one. You’d think with all that talent at WR he would’ve at least made the game competitive. In fact, against UGA he got outplayed by game manager fromm when he had 3 5* receivers to Fromm’s 0. Seems like tua is a system QB to me.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Bama was a better team for 4 quarters than UGA was. UGA was marginally better the first half, then bama was much better in the second. If you average it together, bama had a better game and that’s why they won.
Which time? Georgia was better than Alabama for over 3 quarters of the national title game and about 3 quarters of the SECCG. Out of the 8 combined quarters, y'all won about 6 of them yet somehow lost both games. Remember Georgia was tied for or had the lead for something like 98% of the combined game time of both games, and two possession leads at multiple junctures. Their only lead in the national title game was in OT, once it was over, and they didn't lead in the SECCG until a minute was remaining. I mean, y'all dominated extended portions of the fight but allowed them to win the game despite Alabama having only played well for a limited amount of time.

The pregame line is one thing, but once the ball was kicked off Georgia was the better team in both of those games.

Reactions: Booker512
Why has tua been so ineffective against top defenses? Had to be benched against UGA and got outplayed by a true freshman against Clemson. Neither game did he rally the team. No follow me boys. Couldn’t lead a more talented team against a less talented one. You’d think with all that talent at WR he would’ve at least made the game competitive.

Tua has never been benched at Alabama. He got hurt in the SECCG on the first drive of the game and got dinged again in the 4th quarter. And he has already been an MVP of a national championship game. Hard to get more clutch than 2nd and 26. He also QBed a shoot-out win vs Oklahoma in the Sugarbowl and threw for about 4000 yards last season. He also went into BR and destroyed the team that destroyed Georgia.

Which time? Georgia was better than Alabama for over 3 quarters of the national title game and about 3 quarters of the SECCG. Remember Georgia was tied for or had the lead for something like 95% of the combined game time of both games, and two possession leads at multiple junctures. The pregame line is one thing, but once the ball was kicked off Georgia was the better team in both of those games.
Again, UGA never managed a massive lead in either game. If you’re ahead 7-6 for 3 quarters, sure technically you’re outplaying the other team, but not by much. Bama held with UGA, then massively outplayed them in the 4th. You also can’t define a team by 1 game when they play for a season. The reason Bama was favored by double digits is because of their work throughout the season. I know ppl and the media prefer instant gratification, but sample size is important.

Again, UGA never managed a massive lead in either game. If you’re ahead 7-6 for 3 quarters, sure technically you’re outplaying the other team, but not by much. Bama held with UGA, then massively outplayed them in the 4th. You also can’t define a team by 1 game when they play for a season. The reason Bama was favored by double digits is because of their work throughout the season. I know ppl and the media prefer instant gratification, but sample size is important.
Two possession leads against Alabama more than qualify as nice leads, especially given how good their defense is. Other than Clemson, who has gotten leads on Alabama like that?

I wouldn't be making this argument if Georgia had a 1 point lead or something like that entering the 4th quarter in both games.

Tua has never been benched at Alabama. He got hurt in the SECCG on the first drive of the game and got dinged again in the 4th quarter. And he has already been an MVP of a national championship game. Hard to get more clutch than 2nd and 26. He also QBed a shoot-out win vs Oklahoma in the Sugarbowl and threw for about 4000 yards last season. He also went into BR and destroyed the team that destroyed Georgia.
He came in with fresh legs against a defense that didn’t scheme for him. When a worse defense had time to scheme for him, they shut him down. Tua and Bama massively out talent most teams and he does well. However, he does much worse against defenses that have talent. You pulled two games to look at fromm, so I’ll pull two to look at Tua. UGA and Clemson, the two best pass defenses he faced all year. Both games he was mediocre at best. Got outplayed by a QB you said was terrible and a true freshman. What’s even worse is that Bama, on paper, had a better defense than UGA and Clemson. Meaning Fromm and Lawrence did better against a better defense. Bama has enough talent to where tua will be successful, but that won’t be the case in the NFL.

Two possession leads against Alabama more than qualify as nice leads, especially given how good their defense is. Other than Clemson, who has gotten leads on Alabama like that?

I wouldn't be making this argument if Georgia had a 1 point lead or something like that entering the 4th quarter in both games.
Bama had elite defenses. So a 10 point lead means they just need a stop and then can win the game. lol acting like UGA gave up a 28-3 lead is a bit off base here. Auburn had a lead like that in 2017, and said auburn team also beat UGA once, and Clemson did in 2018. Not really surprising considering UGA, Auburn, and Clemson were the best teams they played in those respective years.

He came in with fresh legs against a defense that didn’t scheme for him. When a worse defense had time to scheme for him, they shut him down. Tua and Bama massively out talent most teams and he does well. However, he does much worse against defenses that have talent. You pulled two games to look at fromm, so I’ll pull two to look at Tua. UGA and Clemson, the two best pass defenses he faced all year. Both games he was mediocre at best. Got outplayed by a QB you said was terrible and a true freshman. What’s even worse is that Bama, on paper, had a better defense than UGA and Clemson. Meaning Fromm and Lawrence did better against a better defense. Bama has enough talent to where tua will be successful, but that won’t be the case in the NFL.
When Tua has all day to throw he’s spectacular, when you get pressure on him he’s mediocre.

Reactions: Atlanta917
When Tua has all day to throw he’s spectacular, when you get pressure on him he’s mediocre.
Exactly. He forces a ton of throws, but can get away with it in most situations due to the talent differential. When the other team has near equal talent, his numbers drop significantly across the board. This won’t hurt him much in college since few teams can match up with bama talent wise, but it’ll be another story when he gets to the NFL.

Which time? Georgia was better than Alabama for over 3 quarters of the national title game and about 3 quarters of the SECCG. Out of the 8 combined quarters, y'all won about 6 of them yet somehow lost both games. Remember Georgia was tied for or had the lead for something like 98% of the combined game time of both games, and two possession leads at multiple junctures. Their only lead in the national title game was in OT, once it was over, and they didn't lead in the SECCG until a minute was remaining. I mean, y'all dominated extended portions of the fight but allowed them to win the game despite Alabama having only played well for a limited amount of time.

The pregame line is one thing, but once the ball was kicked off Georgia was the better team in both of those games.

You are misremembering. The score was 21-14 Georgia in the first half of the SECCG and 21-7 Alabama in the second half. In the natty, Georgia has the halftime lead at 13-0 and had a 223 yard to 94 total yard lead. Give the dawgs the first 2 quarters 13-0, even though Bama missed a wide-open receiver for a TD and an easy field-goal. In the last 2 quarters, with Tua, Bama eventually caught up and outgained Georgia in total yards, 371-365. Out gaining the dawgs in 277 yards to 142 and outscoring them 27 to 10 in the 2nd half. Bama clearly won the last 2 quarters and pretty much blitz Georgia in the 4th quarter both times.

Again I ask, where was Fromm while all this stuff was going on?

What worse defense? Your bias is showing. Fromm had about 2500 yards throwing as a freshman. He threw for a little over 2700 yards as a sophomore. Jalen Hurts threw for over 2700 yards his freshman season and had another 1000 yards rushing on top of that. For which he won SEC POY. Get back with me when your boy wonder accomplishes that much in the SEC.

What worse defense? Your bias is showing. Fromm had about 2500 yards throwing as a freshman. He threw for a little over 2700 yards as a sophomore. Jalen Hurts threw for over 2700 yards his freshman season and had another 1000 yards rushing on top of that. For which he won SEC POY. Get back with me when your boy wonder accomplishes that much in the SEC.
UGA's 2017 defense was better than the 2018 defense. Not really a biased statement at all there. UGA lost almost its entire front seven and dropped to the bottom of the league in sacks. Fromm has accomplished just as much as Hurts has. Fromm outplayed him in the NC and both were the SEC FPOY. Acting like Hurts is a better QB than Fromm would be your Bama bias showing. I know Bama fans think only their players are good and no other team has players better than theirs, but there is a reason Fromm is listed ahead of Hurts on every mock draft. It's certainly possible Riley helps Hurts improve his draft stock, but right now he's significantly behind Fromm.

Exactly. He forces a ton of throws, but can get away with it in most situations due to the talent differential. When the other team has near equal talent, his numbers drop significantly across the board. This won’t hurt him much in college since few teams can match up with bama talent wise, but it’ll be another story when he gets to the NFL.

Tua's passing stat line last season: 3966 passing yards, 43 TDs, and 6 ints.

You would think with all that "forcing" of the ball 6 ints would be just a little higher.

Tua never played in the 4th quarter of a game until LSU, which was the 9th game of the year. He also left a number of games after the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter.

Tua's passing stat line last season: 3966 passing yards, 43 TDs, and 6 ints.

You would think with all that "forcing" of the ball 6 ints would be just a little higher.

Tua never played in the 4th quarter of a game until LSU, which was the 9th game of the year. He also left a number of games after the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter.
Ok and how did he do against the best defenses he played?
UGA- 10/25, 164, 1/2
Clemson- 22/34, 295, 2/2
When Tua plays against comparable talent, he is mediocre. His last two games against top 25 defenses show that. Tua rarely plays teams that can match bama with talent, so he's generally fine. The NFL won't give him the talent differential he gets to enjoy at Bama.

VN Store

Back