What did you have for dinner II?

So, I removed the last of my wife's potato-tomato casserole from the dish, and lo, it held up like a turine. I cut a couple of thin slices and served these cold, as an appetizer. This was good.

Next, I cut up the casserole into pieces the size of pinto beans and mixed this with Creole-seasoned pork tenderloin, cut into pieces the size of pinto beans. I formed this into two flat ovals in a hot, buttered sauté pan. These cooked ~like hash, caramelizing on the outside (turned 'em once). I served these with a fried egg on top.

This was an odd dinner, but fun.

Homemade ground beef tacos featuring homegrown tomatoes.

Last year, the conduit for tomatoes in the height of the season was BLTs. We had these once a week. This year, I think we've had three.

My wife wants homemade ground beef tacos every six weeks. These must be loaded with fresh, chopped up tomatoes from the garden. We don't use taco seasoning mix. We season the meat with spices from our cabinet.

Homemade ground beef tacos featuring homegrown tomatoes.

Last year, the conduit for tomatoes in the height of the season was BLTs. We had these once a week. This year, I think we've had three.

My wife wants homemade ground beef tacos every six weeks. These must be loaded with fresh, chopped up tomatoes from the garden. We don't use taco seasoning mix. We season the meat with spices from our cabinet.
Are your tomatoes late or pooped out or ??? I think we had to do BLTs last year every day or every other day lol.

lol, we weren’t able to plant ours this year until the end of July (landscaper issues; pls don’t ask; grr). If we get three at the end of September for fried green tomatoes it will be a miracle.

My wife and I have debated meal prepping for a while now. What are your thoughts? Pros and cons, if any?
Pros: saves money, easier to watch calories/portion control, saves a ton of time, and it stops me from eating a lot of in between snacks. My roommate pays me to share in the meal prep, so it helps in not eating the same meal all the time

Cons: not all foods hold up to being essentially “leftovers.” At the end of the day, that’s all meal prepping is, making lots of leftovers. I normally spend about 4 hours on Sunday prepping 4 different meals. Mexican dishes, Asian dishes, pastas, soups, pork and carefully done chicken can work though, and sometimes taste even better 2-3 days later. Red meats and seafoods, notsomuch. Salads will last like three days max.

The remnants of the taco meat where sprinkled on a cheese pizza along with shaved shallots. I do believe my missus' craving is sated for awhile.

Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and macaroni plate from Ingles.

iu

VN Store

Back