The Jarrett Guarantano debate thread...

Just some poor soul with the grand plan of getting Ga and butchna to rage and snap.
Backfired somewhere along the way and he snapped instead.

Seems his affinity for feminine hygiene and pork chops finally did him.
I’m so angry right now...difficult to come down from this level of rage...😴

Reactions: Behr and chargervol
Unless it's a sideline or endzone corner, he only throws to "open" receivers. He rarely throws an interception because of this. Not throwing to spots that the receivers are supposed to get to is why I don't think he's a good QB. It's backyard football to see a receiver is open and throw it to him. Throwing them open and sometimes getting picked off is the mark of a good QB. Only hole in my argument is that is tough when the nose guard jumps the center and gets to him in his drop back..lol!

Reactions: CA_Vol and Bash
Just some poor soul with the grand plan of getting Ga and butchna to rage and snap.
tenor.gif

I thought Ashley was a female. Learn something new everyday.
Sexist much? You wearing your JG jammies and drinking coffee out of your mug bearing his face? Bow to facts and take a Midol with your breakfast pork chops! 😡

Reactions: chargervol and Behr
Sexist much? You wearing your JG jammies and drinking coffee out of your mug bearing his face? Bow to facts and take a Midol with your breakfast pork chops! 😡

Well, ffs people think Im a dog all the time..Haha, hate I missed that.

I had a short exchange with Ashley the other day and thought the response was kinda "girly" and just assumed.

Lulz. Na, I got it. I used to get confused by butchna all the time so I just asked him wtf he was talking about. I now speak his language... most of the time. Lol
Key to that trick is assume something prompted my outburst and was most likely funny...to somebody. 😉

Reactions: chargervol and Behr
Unless it's a sideline or endzone corner, he only throws to "open" receivers. He rarely throws an interception because of this. Not throwing to spots that the receivers are supposed to get to is why I don't think he's a good QB. It's backyard football to see a receiver is open and throw it to him. Throwing them open and sometimes getting picked off is the mark of a good QB. Only hole in my argument is that is tough when the nose guard jumps the center and gets to him in his drop back..lol!

Were you on the All Rec Team?

I have no doubt that some of the JG haters either did say or would have said (if they had been old enough) that Brandon Stewart was better than Peyton Manning and that Fulmer should have been fired for starting Peyton.

You ain't right.......

Reactions: chargervol
Well, ffs people think Im a dog all the time..Haha, hate I missed that.

I had a short exchange with Ashley the other day and thought the response was kinda "girly" and just assumed.
Wait, you’re not a dog?

Another weak stat by these guys I guess.

Pretty much. The QB's listed led the number 1, 4, 5, 9, and 13 SEC scoring O's. Those "stats" only matter if they sustain drives that end in points. Which of those O's do you think JG led?

k-town and a few others major on stats that when plucked from context "prove" their point.

Those stats hopefully indicate potential but they do not stand on their own.

Those stats are also parsed in a specific way to make JG look good. JG was 8th in the SEC in 3rd down passer rating. He was 3rd in the same stat on 4th down but with only 6 attempts.

Reactions: vols 30
Pretty much. The QB's listed led the number 1, 4, 5, 9, and 13 SEC scoring O's. Those "stats" only matter if they sustain drives that end in points. Which of those O's do you think JG led?

k-town and a few others major on stats that when plucked from context "prove" their point.

Those stats hopefully indicate potential but they do not stand on their own.

Those stats are also parsed in a specific way to make JG look good. JG was 8th in the SEC in 3rd down passer rating. He was 3rd in the same stat on 4th down but with only 6 attempts.

I just don't understand why it seems so important for some of you to make sure everyone knows how bad JG has been. We've all seen it. Everyone here has seen him play and have seen the results. God forbid someone post some stats that show he did well in some areas and with Jim Chaney working with him.....He might just surprise us all.

Wtf is so wrong with that? Lol.

I just don't understand why it seems so important for some of you to make sure everyone knows how bad JG has been. We've all seen it. Everyone here has seen him play and have seen the results. God forbid someone post some stats that show he did well in some areas and with Jim Chaney working with him.....He might just surprise us all.

Wtf is so wrong with that? Lol.
When the distortion and delusion attempting to make JG perfect and place the blame on everyone else then I won't have any interest in this argument. I want him to do well.

I like him. IMHO, he should have earned the respect of every Vol fan. I think he has tremendous potential. I think with Chaney, Weinke, and Martin working with him... no QB has ever had a better shot at taking a huge leap. But there are some here that major on "refuting" every weakness and pointing to other players and units. I don't understand why that's not something you'd call out rather than someone saying it isn't so.

It isn't the posting of stats that show him doing something well but how they go on to use those stats.... as in "he's great, the blame belongs to someone else".

PS- the stat is also "massaged". His 3rd down effectiveness can be found here: cfbstats.com - 2018 Southeastern Conference Player Leaders

When the distortion and delusion attempting to make JG perfect and place the blame on everyone else then I won't have any interest in this argument. I want him to do well.
I don't understand why that's not something you'd call out rather than someone saying it isn't so.

It isn't the posting of stats that show him doing something well but how they go on to use those stats.... as in "he's great, the blame belongs to someone else".

PS- the stat is also "massaged". His 3rd down effectiveness can be found here: cfbstats.com - 2018 Southeastern Conference Player Leaders

Who is trying to make JG seem perfect and place blame on everyone else? Besides maybe K-town.

That post by Pulaski you quoted said nothing about JG being perfect or blamed anyone for anything.

I have called it out, once or twice. How many times should I before it really really means something?

I like him. IMHO, he should have earned the respect of every Vol fan. I think he has tremendous potential. I think with Chaney, Weinke, and Martin working with him... no QB has ever had a better shot at taking a huge leap. But there are some here that major on "refuting" every weakness and pointing to other players and units. I don't understand why that's not something you'd call out rather than someone saying it isn't so.

Here is Beardedvols doppelgänger doing his usual. Anytime anyone posts anything positive about JG, you come in to play Johnny Raincloud. Seems strange that you revel in trying to diminish JG. Actually its beyond sad that a so called Vol fan would do that.

Here is Beardedvols doppelgänger doing his usual. Anytime anyone posts anything positive about JG, you come in to play Johnny Raincloud. Seems strange that you revel in trying to diminish JG. Actually its beyond sad that a so called Vol fan would do that.
I"ve been here a long time. I've used one screen name the whole time and have never had an alternate account.

Positive? There are positive things to say about JG. There are also distortions and untrue things being said in order to deflect all direct blame from him to someone else. Funny you don't think it is "Johnny Raincloud" to repeatedly blame everything on an OL that "sucks"...

Reactions: 24/7vol
Who is trying to make JG seem perfect and place blame on everyone else? Besides maybe K-town.
KBVol recently said that it was "90%" on someone else and bristles any time a specific criticism is made of JG. There are a few others as well.

That post by Pulaski you quoted said nothing about JG being perfect or blamed anyone for anything.
Posted frequently in response to legitimate criticism... But to the point, how do you interpret this if not intended to deny weakness? "Another weak stat by these guys I guess. "

I have called it out, once or twice. How many times should I before it really really means something?
Sorry I didn't see those occasions. Still you'd have to admit it is pretty rare.

VN Store

Back