Oklahoma or Tehas in Dallas??

haven't seen either play, but i'm gonna go with Oklahoma. based on..well nothing.

i'm going with OU this year

Texas-Oklahoma this decade reminds me so much of UT-FL in the 90's. OK is FL, Texas is UT, Mack Brown is Fulmer, Bob Stoops is Spurrier. Stoops smacks Brown around most of the time (6-3 against him). Both have pulled off a BCS championship. And both are stuck in the same division in their conference and generally control all the other teams in the conference.

Based on that - OKlahoma is my pick (this year and every year until Stoops goes somewhere else).

I have honestly been working too danged much to soak up the amount of CFB that I would prefer. Therefore, I have seen neither team except in highlights.

I have friends on both side of the rivalry. It should be a good game.

I had a chance to travel to Norman and see Oklahoma play earlier this year, they look like the real deal.

(it was against UTC however)

I pick OU in this game.

Sooners over t.u. I expect a good game out of McCoy, but the defense for t.u. cant hold the number of threats OU brings to the game. If t.u. can stop the run, they might have a shot late.

Texas-Oklahoma this decade reminds me so much of UT-FL in the 90's. OK is FL, Texas is UT, Mack Brown is Fulmer, Bob Stoops is Spurrier. Stoops smacks Brown around most of the time (6-3 against him). Both have pulled off a BCS championship. And both are stuck in the same division in their conference and generally control all the other teams in the conference.

Based on that - OKlahoma is my pick (this year and every year until Stoops goes somewhere else).

ugh tell me about it: UT austin-OU is like UT-UF was; Texas and A&M from like 98 or 00 (whenever texas started domnating it) till a few years ago has like Bama and UT for the last 11 years; both recruited well but often lost to a big rival and it cost them; both won their NC w/ a running qb who at times carried the team; clausen and simms almost seem like mirror images of each other....in fact those early 2000s and especially 2001 (the year both teams could make it to tbe BCS, but they both lost to lesser teams in their conference championships).......it's almost at times like texas and tennessee are big12-sec mirrors of each other :blink:

Not a pick for this game, but Sam Bradford might not be the best Quarterback on the field. Colt McCoy is playing his tail off, and kicking V. Young's 05 numbers to the side. 20 total TDs, and Vince had 12 at this point in 05.

It is a toss-up, but i'm going with Oklahoma based on OU running back DeMarco Murray. He will be the difference maker in a very pass-happy game

ugh tell me about it: UT austin-OU is like UT-UF was; Texas and A&M from like 98 or 00 (whenever texas started domnating it) till a few years ago has like Bama and UT for the last 11 years; both recruited well but often lost to a big rival and it cost them; both won their NC w/ a running qb who at times carried the team; clausen and simms almost seem like mirror images of each other....in fact those early 2000s and especially 2001 (the year both teams could make it to tbe BCS, but they both lost to lesser teams in their conference championships).......it's almost at times like texas and tennessee are big12-sec mirrors of each other :blink:

I've been aching for a rematch with Texas since 1969!!!!

They thumped us 36-13 in the Cotton Bowl.

A guy that I was working for while occasionally attending classes at UT(GI bill help was $100 a month) had been an all-state QB and had accumulated a half million dollars by age 21 and hoped to be a millionaire by 23 and was well on his way but bet some guy from Texas $10,000 on that game and then, I suppose because that was a big part of his working capital, was solid broke by the age of 23, another friend of mine purchased his $600 set of golf clubs for about $50.

Anyway Tennessee has played Texas three times, all in the Cotton Bowl which used to be one of the big four bowls before Dallas let the Cotton fall into disrepair.

We are 1-2 vs the Horns.

1951 - W UT 20 ut 14
1953 - L UT 0 ut 16
1969 - L UT 13 ut 36

I wish AtM could get to be competitive with Texas again, I have become acquainted with some Aggies and I like them a lot, other than one young couple I met a few years ago who were Horn alumni, I've not run into any Texas fans I care for that much, plus a lot of them have that Berkeley East mentality i don't especially care for.

That young couple really really didn't like Simms, they said he showed up the first day on campus in a custom limo and was never well liked on campus, his position seemed to have gone to his head, I'm glad his mother influenced him the way she did, I just wish they hadn't waited until the last minute to drop their bomb on us, that hurt.

Tennessee beat AtM 3-0 in the '57 Gator Bowl and 38-7 in the '05 Cotton.

I wonder if the average Aggie fan still thinks firing Slocum was such a bright idea now???

They were .721 with Slocum.

Slocum was 7/7 vs Texas which was way better than their .333 win rate over a 114 game history.

He lost the last three to Texas and then they had three more straight losses with a new coach.

They were .525 from 2003 through 2007.

2003 4-8
2004 7-5
2005 5-6
2006 9-4
2007 7-6

Now they've hired Mike Sherman (bio), can you imagine a better hire for Atm??

Still no instantaneous miraculous march to a championship.

AtM 2008 season so far;

2-3

Arkansas ST L 18-14

@New Mexico W 28-22

Miami (Fl) L 41-23

Army W 21-17

@ Okla St L 56-28

You do have to give the Aggie program some credit though, they do have a two year win streak going vs the vaunted Horns!!!:yahoo:

I've been aching for a rematch with Texas since 1969!!!!

They thumped us 36-13 in the Cotton Bowl.

A guy that I was working for while occasionally attending classes at UT(GI bill help was $100 a month) had been an all-state QB and had accumulated a half million dollars by age 21 and hoped to be a millionaire by 23 and was well on his way but bet some guy from Texas $10,000 on that game and then, I suppose because that was a big part of his working capital, was solid broke by the age of 23, another friend of mine purchased his $600 set of golf clubs for about $50.

Anyway Tennessee has played Texas three times, all in the Cotton Bowl which used to be one of the big four bowls before Dallas let the Cotton fall into disrepair.

We are 1-2 vs the Horns.

1951 - W UT 20 ut 14
1953 - L UT 0 ut 16
1969 - L UT 13 ut 36

I wish AtM could get to be competitive with Texas again, I have become acquainted with some Aggies and I like them a lot, other than one young couple I met a few years ago who were Horn alumni, I've not run into any Texas fans I care for that much, plus a lot of them have that Berkeley East mentality i don't especially care for.

That young couple really really didn't like Simms, they said he showed up the first day on campus in a custom limo and was never well liked on campus, his position seemed to have gone to his head, I'm glad his mother influenced him the way she did, I just wish they hadn't waited until the last minute to drop their bomb on us, that hurt.

Tennessee beat AtM 3-0 in the '57 Gator Bowl and 38-7 in the '05 Cotton.

I wonder if the average Aggie fan still thinks firing Slocum was such a bright idea now???

They were .721 with Slocum.

Slocum was 7/7 vs Texas which was way better than their .333 win rate over a 114 game history.

He lost the last three to Texas and then they had three more straight losses with a new coach.

They were .525 from 2003 through 2007.

2003 4-8
2004 7-5
2005 5-6
2006 9-4
2007 7-6

Now they've hired Mike Sherman (bio), can you imagine a better hire for Atm??

Still no instantaneous miraculous march to a championship.

AtM 2008 season so far;

2-3

Arkansas ST L 18-14

@New Mexico W 28-22

Miami (Fl) L 41-23

Army W 21-17

@ Okla St L 56-28

You do have to give the Aggie program some credit though, they do have a two year win streak going vs the vaunted Horns!!!:yahoo:

Whoooooooooooop! Gig em!:thumbsup: BTHO k-state!

gsvol, what was the point of that story.

Stories must have points???

Why did no one tell me???

I do now understand it is pointless to be involved in any conversation with you, thanks for the heads up whippersnapper.

Stories must have points???

Why did no one tell me???

I do now understand it is pointless to be involved in any conversation with you, thanks for the heads up whippersnapper.

well, you sorta went off topic. Like way off topic.

VN Store

Back