'20 WA OLB Sav'ell Smalls

Really seems to me like it’s us vs Fl state. Imo, he prefers FSU just reading the tea leaves. But if they’re bad and we progress, I think we land him. And we need him. He’s an elite player at a massive position of need for us. DT is gone. We need an elite pass rusher bigly
I think he prefers the culture at FSU but prefers Pruitt as a coach. Just my take on it. I think we land him in the end.

Okay, I'm going to show my age, but can someone translate this? Who is the sheriff? What's the significance of "a visit on rocky top to canton"?

giphy.gif

Baron an edge rusher or DE?
With Middleton, Solomon, Butler and Williams all being gone after 2020 season, I would think it’d make sense to usher in Baron and Hardy to be the heir apparents at DEs. Two guys at 6’4-6’5 270-290 range entering their sophomore year in 2021 sounds pretty good to me.

Glad you can laugh at yourself. VN can be pretty merciless about these things.

Had a brain cramp with the post. Crystal clear today, but at the time, it just didn't sink in with me. It's all good though. I chalk it up to youth or perhaps the anonymous nature or the internet. I'm reminded of a poem that seems to fit this occasion....

Remember me as you pass by
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.

As some say...gettin' old ain't for sissys. Aging can be a real beech.

Had a brain cramp with the post. Crystal clear today, but at the time, it just didn't sink in with me. It's all good though. I chalk it up to youth or perhaps the anonymous nature or the internet. I'm reminded of a poem that seems to fit this occasion....

Remember me as you pass by
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.

As some say...gettin' old ain't for sissys. Aging can be a real beech.
You got that right, Brother.

With Middleton, Solomon, Butler and Williams all being gone after 2020 season, I would think it’d make sense to usher in Baron and Hardy to be the heir apparents at DEs. Two guys at 6’4-6’5 270-290 range entering their sophomore year in 2021 sounds pretty good to me.
That’s what I was thinking. But I was worried when I heard about Smalls and him looking at their record. I still think they do better than we want. I just underestimated Pruitt and Company when they target somebody and have plenty of time to get them.

I’m thinking now it’ll be 4-5 line bodies and 2 pass-rush guys like Smalls and somebody off the radar right now.

So this guy is another 5* not coming to Tennessee but getting a lot of attention on VolNation. Got it.:)

That’s what was said about To’oto’to and Crouch this time last year too
So you think we really have shot here? I thought there was a lot more buzz on Toto and Crouch not to mention Bama passed on Toto after his injury. Would love to get him but I do not see the stars aligning. Not even a little. Would love to be wrong.

So you think we really have shot here? I thought there was a lot more buzz on Toto and Crouch not to mention Bama passed on Toto after his injury. Would love to get him but I do not see the stars aligning. Not even a little. Would love to be wrong.
Lol!!! Bama did not pass on Henry T. Saban visited him in home the week of signing day! 😂😂😂

Bama was after To’oto’to just as much as Tennessee and Washington were. Crouch always had some buzz because he rocked UT gear constantly, but he picked us over Clemson and Michigan. Smalls has said he wants to see product on the field, and between us and FSU I’d say most think Pruitt will improve much more than Taggart. Smalls already thinks highly of Pruitt and his ability to get LBs to the league. Just reiterating what the others guys in the know on this board have said

Bama was after To’oto’to just as much as Tennessee and Washington were. Crouch always had some buzz because he rocked UT gear constantly, but he picked us over Clemson and Michigan. Smalls has said he wants to see product on the field, and between us and FSU I’d say most think Pruitt will improve much more than Taggart. Smalls already thinks highly of Pruitt and his ability to get LBs to the league. Just reiterating what the others guys in the know on this board have said
OK. Thanks. Hopefully he will come to the light. The bright Orange Light.:)

VN Store

Back