'20 WA OLB Sav'ell Smalls

Man I wanted Briles here, hope he becomes a thorn in Clemson's side.
Way too wild too work with somebody like Pruitt. Kirby had a conniption because he thought Chaney wasn’t doing his job right. Briles will figure some stuff out but who’s the QB there now?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Recruiting # at his last 4 schools as OC:
Baylor 2015: 36th
Baylor 2016: 40th
FAU 2017: 60th
Houston 2018: 73rd

No doubt he has a knack for offensive strategy. Recruiting prowess is a stretch
Holy ignore the schools Batman! Recruits flock to him, but they’re aware of his locale.

So you think we really have shot here? I thought there was a lot more buzz on Toto and Crouch not to mention Bama passed on Toto after his injury. Would love to get him but I do not see the stars aligning. Not even a little. Would love to be wrong.
Bama wanted To'oto'to badly. It went all the way down to the wire before he chose UT over Bama. Similarly to Crouch choosing UT over Clemson.

So you think we really have shot here? I thought there was a lot more buzz on Toto and Crouch not to mention Bama passed on Toto after his injury. Would love to get him but I do not see the stars aligning. Not even a little. Would love to be wrong.

What him breaking his ankle the night before his HS State Championship game? Is that when Bama passed on him? Tosh was still there and even if he hadn't left, he was still gonna be a Vol. You can't admit that CJP established a better relationship with him and his family than he had with Bama?

Blackman i believe
Yeah, that’s right. It was that Francois or whatever that was just horrible. Still, there are lots of good pieces on that team. Won’t come close to beating Clemson before the 2020 kids graduate, though.

The season can not get here any faster.

Maybe get your information correct before posting next time.

Reactions: tatervol
Bama wanted To'oto'to badly. It went all the way down to the wire before he chose UT over Bama. Similarly to Crouch choosing UT over Clemson.
OK. I stand corrected. I seem to remember some converstation about Bama passing on him after his injury or that they at least backed off a bit.

You're right. My apologies. I didn't mean to come across that way.

But seriously, it would be good if you did a little fact checking about stuff like that before posting it.
I do try but it sometime takes a lot of time to fact check. Sometimes just asking a question is faster. I accept your apology brother. No hard feelings. Thanks

So you think we really have shot here? I thought there was a lot more buzz on Toto and Crouch not to mention Bama passed on Toto after his injury. Would love to get him but I do not see the stars aligning. Not even a little. Would love to be wrong.[/

Ha ok..if you want to go down that road. Since his first gig as any kind of college football coach (all at Baylor)

2008: 58th
2009: 53rd
2010: 38th
2011: 46th
2012: 26th
2013: 27th
2014: 25th
How does that equate to him as an INDIVIDUAL recruiter? All’s I know is he was lead recruiter on a load of stud receivers at Baylor starting in 2008 when he started out as the WR’s coach. Snatching key targets away from the Longhorns, Aggies and Bengal Tigers. Part of the receiving talent that helped establish the winning in his dad’s program. Guess he sucks as a WR’s coach landing 5 star linebackers or as an OC landing a 4 star edge rusher, but he has a reputation down here as being a hound getting talent.

Edit: Being in a linebacker’s thread I see your point but he’s not a Dan Mullen type. When he gets a HC gig, I expect he’ll land talent like Cristobal at Oregon.

How does that equate to him as an INDIVIDUAL recruiter? All’s I know is he was lead recruiter on a load of stud receivers at Baylor starting in 2008 when he started out as the WR’s coach. Snatching key targets away from the Longhorns, Aggies and Bengal Tigers. Part of the receiving talent that helped establish the winning in his dad’s program. Guess he sucks as a WR’s coach landing 5 star linebackers or as an OC landing a 4 star edge rusher, but he has a reputation down here as being a hound getting talent.
Didn’t know you lived in Texas, you know a lot more about him than i do. I will say i feel pretty comfortable with Pruitt/Tee Martin/ Nieds as our recruiters

Money is part of the issue why he wasn’t fired last year. Idk. Maybe they kick the tires on Briles as a head coach if the axe Taggert.
Might as well. Briles is a monster. He'll get a hc job sooner than later.

VN Store

Back