'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

just finished last chance U, may have influenced my hopes of a guy making grades and returning to the school that he committed to out of high school.
So glad Brown was forced to resign. Dude is a disgrace to the coaching profession. It's one thing to cuss a lot but calling people fat lazy pieces of ****, "i'll be your new Hitler"....is something entirely different.

Couldn't a kid just stay in HS 1 more semester, make grades, then be a 2020 EE? Rather than going through juco hell.
What makes you think he would put forth the effort there if he hasn't already? Need a new environment where he doesn't think something is going to be given to him without effort and to get away from situations that may have caused his problems.

Reactions: sonofUT62
What makes you think he would put forth the effort there if he hasn't already? Need a new environment where he doesn't think something is going to be given to him without effort and to get away from situations that may have caused his problems.
I just get the feeling plenty of kids hate juco. 2 years of that vs 1 semester of hs seems like a no brainer.

I just get the feeling plenty of kids hate juco. 2 years of that vs 1 semester of hs seems like a no brainer.
If they're having to go to JUCO, it's a no brainer that they didn't like high school either. Why reward someone for not doing their work? Why encourage others to not work? Why torture the teachers with having to spend even more time trying to make them do their work?

If they're having to go to JUCO, it's a no brainer that they didn't like high school either. Why reward someone for not doing their work? Why encourage others to not work? Why torture the teachers with having to spend even more time trying to make them do their work?

Young men do eventually grow up. Sometimes it just takes a strong dose of reality. For me that came early on a cold May morning at Ft. Dix. Due to a number of poor decisions, I was faced with enlisting or becoming homeless. I chose to enlist and that particular morning was my 21st birthday. As God surely has a sense of humor, I drew KP that day and was hosing out garbage cans rather than enjoying my first legal beer. In that one moment, choking back the urge to vomit from the scent of rotten kitchen waste potentiated by the moist air from the 160 degree fire hose I was using to wash the cans, I finally owned my situation. That switch flip was the first in a series of good decisions that ultimately led to a very successful life. Hopefully the time in JUCO will provide that moment for young Mr. Harris.

Young men do eventually grow up. Sometimes it just takes a strong dose of reality. For me that came early on a cold May morning at Ft. Dix. Due to a number of poor decisions, I was faced with enlisting or becoming homeless. I chose to enlist and that particular morning was my 21st birthday. As God surely has a sense of humor, I drew KP that day and was hosing out garbage cans rather than enjoying my first legal beer. In that one moment, choking back the urge to vomit from the scent of rotten kitchen waste potentiated by the moist air from the 160 degree fire hose I was using to wash the cans, I finally owned my situation. That switch flip was the first in a series of good decisions that ultimately led to a very successful life. Hopefully the time in JUCO will provide that moment for young Mr. Harris.

Juco starts with hosing out garbage cans? :D

Because these players make much more money for the university.

And let's not pretend that the one's the do get admitted are pure scholar's themselves.
Many will always need tutors regardless.

This one does hurt. Absolute baller. But safety need will be bigger in a couple years and I bet he's easily #1/2 JUCO player.

Because these players make much more money for the university.

And let's not pretend that the one's the do get admitted are pure scholar's themselves.
Many will always need tutors regardless.
Are you saying high school teachers should not require any effort from football players because they will make money for universities? I'm not talking about scholars. I'm talking about putting forth enough effort to get passed in high school which is ridiculously easy for the vast majority of students. The rest are given enough help to get passed.

Are you saying high school teachers should not require any effort from football players because they will make money for universities? I'm not talking about scholars. I'm talking about putting forth enough effort to get passed in high school which is ridiculously easy for the vast majority of students. The rest are given enough help to get passed.

It's not as simple as that sometimes.
Peer pressure is a real thing, and there are so many distractions at that age.

Early education has to improve first off.

So glad Brown was forced to resign. Dude is a disgrace to the coaching profession. It's one thing to cuss a lot but calling people fat lazy pieces of ****, "i'll be your new Hitler"....is something entirely different.

I mean it was more then a forcing. He is or was under investigation for some type of crime involving identity theft and impersonating a lawyer.

I mean it was more then a forcing. He is or was under investigation for some type of crime involving identity theft and impersonating a lawyer.
Both the same crime. He used Johnny Cochran’s law firm’s computer generated letterhead to send the local paper a cease and desist letter.

VN Store

Back