Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on that basketball team pic, I see why Barnes isn’t as worried as we are about front court. He getting them boys right. Pember skinny azz got his swole on

I saw Pink Floyd, it was surreal and I would have loved to see the Stones in the heyday but the rest...lol

Aerosmith was a good show, at least back in the day. I saw them in '73 and again in '75.
Rush was always a good show in the '70s.
I saw Cream and Hendrix, both in '68 when I was 16.
Zeppelin in '70 and '72.
Floyd 3 times, twice in the '70s, and then again in the early '90s.
Saw the Stones multiple times in the '70s.
Genesis with Phil Collins in '73.
Wishbone Ash in '73.
Sabbath in '71.
Jethro Tull 4 times in the '70s. Always an entertaining show when those guys played.
And countless others during the late '60s up until the very early '80s. James Brown in '67 was awesome.

Those were the days of so-called Arena Rock, when there was a really good concert seemingly every other night. Lots of times there was not a lot of advertising the groups. I heard a radio ad for the Genesis concert about 6pm one evening and it said the show started at 7pm. We took off to the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis and got there just before showtime and sat on the 8th row. There was literally no one there and I thought this is going to suck. These guys will be pissed and either won't play or won't have any energy, but it was an amazing show.

It would be unfair to @ one user with this...

Trashing bands doesn't make you special. I don't know why people act so superior with their music tastes.
I'm not sure anyone pays attention. I don't base my personal likes off of any of the hot takes here.
Same for food, movies, books and drinks. Any of the pretentious comments draws no more than a eyeroll at best.

Heck, much of the product praised here, I would qualify as garbage. Except I realize different taste is why there's variety. So I just scroll.

ONE HOUR UNTIL FALL CAMP BEGINS!!!!
tumblr_ojh3ljSwnN1v3vyeao4_250.gif

Hot take incoming...for as much as the summer sucks waiting on football, the last month of it (fall camp) is the worst. Endless reports from beat writers who get to see little more than calisthenics (which they video and publish every time...the same damn things day after day), which they translate into predictions on which players and units are going to impress or disappoint.

I'm so pumped that the season is almost here, but this last month of waiting is the worst to me.

When I signed up for my Athletic membership last year I done it for the Tennessee beat. I hardly ever visit the Tennessee page anymore, but I do still read the Athletic multiple times a day. That should let you know what I think of Ubben. I'm not impressed with his writing.
I actually like his articles. I like most articles I read in the Athletic - just so many more interesting, much better researched and developed articles than any other "sports news" I've seen in a while.

Hot take incoming...for as much as the summer sucks waiting on football, the last month of it (fall camp) is the worst. Endless reports from beat writers who get to see little more than calisthenics (which they video and publish every time...the same damn things day after day), which they translate into predictions on which players and units are going to impress or disappoint.

I'm so pumped that the season is almost here, but this last month of waiting is the worst to me.
It's better than nothing. But you're right. They literally watch 5 minutes of routes on air and stretching and then they make these bold predictions. This is why guys who are the stars of the beat writers' version of fall camps are no shows during football season. Oh well, it's still football news.

Dead and Co... WOW. John Mayer slays in that role. May have been all the fungi but that was an absolute revelation.

Disagree. Check out Weir and the Wolf Bros if you can. Heck, I'd rather see Dark Star than D &Co personally.

Mayer ruins it for me. Talented with the guitar, but otherwise no.

Reactions: TennacJed
But forreal, if anyone is into bluegrass, check out Billy Strings. Dude is changing the game. The band is playing really tight right now and is blowing people away. He grew up cutting his chops on the classics like Doc Watson, Bill Monroe, etc., newgrass like Sam Bush and Tony Rice etc., and classic rock like Johnny Winter and Zeppelin. He's the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back